2Bays DJs Reviews

32 2Bays DJs Reviews
  • Michelle

Michelle Bergeron · Married on 09/01/2018

Professional DJ

2Bays were awesome from start to finish. They answered all of our questions during the planning process.

We had a couple of special song requests for some classical music during the ceremony - they were able to get the songs for us without a problem.

Our DJ was Tyler - he was fantastic! He was so easygoing and professional - we got a lot of compliments from guests on how great a job he did with the music. I'd highly recommend 2Bays for anyone looking for a DJ in the Traverse City area.

Jenae · Married on 06/30/2018

2Bays DJed our wedding month, and they were incredible. They have an online client area where you fill out your timeline, song requests, whether or not you want to do things like a garter or bouquet toss, etc. It’s also nice because you can indicate any music you don’t want played, as well as songs you want to dedicate, etc. Your DJ then sets up a phone call with you the week of to go over everything, such as name pronunciations etc. Spencer was our DJ, and he was super laid back and helpful in ensuring everything went smoothly! He was easy to reach, and very accommodating of our various requests. He was professional and added just the right amount of energy.
    We also included silent disco, and it was so worth it! A few guests were skeptical at first, but almost immediately everyone was on their feet dancing. It also makes for awesome pictures and videos! It was such a fun thing to include; if you are on the fence about silent disco, definitely do it!! The DJ is such a crucial part of moving the evening along, and we couldn’t be happier to have chosen 2Bays!

Anne · Married on 08/19/2017

SOOOOO AWESOME! We had Travis as our DJ for our August wedding reception at a private country club. He was GREAT and totally kept the energy positive the whole time! He checked with the bridal party to line us up for the introductions and even let us hang out a couple extra minutes to catch out breath and let the photographer take some candid shots during the cocktail hour. We walked into 'You Sexy Thing' by Hot Chocolate. It was GREAT. He even set up an extra speaker and mics so we could do toasts on the lawn outside. Travis called me a couple days before the wedding to check in and make sure everything was going smoothly and he'd have a place to set up. He was super nice and even let us do odd things like share out father-daughter mother-son dance and halfway through we invited all the other mother-son and father-daughters in the audience to join us! He also encouraged everyone to go see the sunset over Lake Michigan - the out of town guests loved it. The best thing of all, was that nothing really stood out to me that night in terms of the whole DJ process and I think thats the way it should be! It should be so smooth and natural that the Bride & Groom can have a ball and not worry about whats going wrong or right! I would definitely recommend these guys!!!

The site they provide to pick out songs takes a hot second to get used to, but if you save often, you can literally pick out all the songs you want in their "love it", "Like it", and "DO NOT PLAY" list. It was very easy to use and I found every song I wanted. They also have a timeline tab that you fill everything in on and can leave notes. Travis knew everything to a 'T'. A++++!!!

2Bays DJs 1
    2Bays DJs 2

Taylor · Married on 09/10/2016

Well I have officially been married to my best friend for a month now and have had time to fully reflect on the experiance and all of the components that made my wedding weekend the best of my life.

Something that I keep coming back to was the amount of unbridled energy we had from start to finish. This was not just because all of my friends are awesome. This was in large part due to the amazing job Scott and Dan (co-owners of 2baysdjs) did.

These guys are not only professional they are just down right great humans. They engaged and interacted with all of my guest in a way that made everyone feel like they were a huge part of our experiance (which was the goal).

They handled stressful situations from other vendors with skill and never let my wife or me see them sweat.

I only plan on getting married once but I absolutely plan on hiring these guys again for a future event. I live in NYC and got married on Nantucket island. These pros drove across the country for my special day and I am so grateful.

If you have the oppertunity (they book up fast) this was the single best decision I made when planning my wedding.

Kudos to the great guys from Traverse City that brought midwest hospitality to the frosty east coast!

Anne · Married on 09/07/2016

My husband and I used this company for our wedding ceremony 8-28-16 at The Homestead in Glen Arbor, MI. They played for our cocktail hour and reception and everything from set up to take down was PERFECT. After filling out their online song selection form, the DJs had an idea what type of music we wanted played for each event and exactly what type of music we did NOT want played - they followed these requests to perfection, adding their own twists to accommodate the mood and our guests. Alex Gusler was our DJ and to show how dedicated he was, my father/daughter dance song was nearly impossible to find because it was written by an international artist. Without creating more stress for me, the bride, Alex took it upon himself to search and find the song and purchase it in Euros in order to have it play on my wedding night. He also had the ENTIRE crowd (I am not exaggerating) on the dance floor from the first until the very last song. Alex and 2baysDJs are a large part of why our wedding was so much fun and unforgettable. THANK YOU for making the process so easy!!! -The Puggini's

Erin · Married on 08/29/2015

Dan was incredible! He is an incredibly talented and gifted DJ. He handled all of the audio for our wedding (ceremony and reception). We had a string quartet from InterLochen for the ceremony and he provided all the audio hook ups for the quartet as well as our rabbi. He was very flexible- filling requests just a few hours prior to the ceremony starting. He took the time to talk to me and my fiancé a few days prior to the event, answering all of our questions. On the day of, he perfectly captured the essence of our wedding and beautifully blended hip-hop, 90's, top 40, and motown. He kept the night moving along, articulately and naturally moving from one event to the next. He matched the music to the mood on the dance floor keeping the party going all night long. He was absolutely wonderful and I would recommend everyone to use 2bays djs for their next event! THANK YOU DAN!!!

2Bays DJ provided the music for our wedding at the Inn at Bay Harbor. Luke was our DJ for the night and did a fantastic job. They provided all of the audio work for our ceremony, dinner, and reception. 2Bays is great, as their website really allows for you to provide all the necessary details for how you want your wedding to go in terms of music. Luke did a fantastic job of not only taking our song requests that we submitted, but really using it as a guide for the type of music and tone we were looking to set for our wedding. We had 140 guests at our wedding, from ages 18-80. I have had so many guests say they have never had more fun dancing at a wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire evening. I think a lot of the credit for this goes to Luke and 2Bays, as they really made sure to put together a great mix of music that everyone at the wedding could enjoy and dance to. Our photographer told us she had never seen a party so crazy at the Inn as our dance floor was.

When we were looking for our DJ, we noted that a lot of the DJ companies in the Petoskey area seemed to be a little older and didn't really vibe with the type of reception party we were looking to have. 2Bays seemed like they were a little more in touch with modern music trends and that definitely turned out to be the case.

If you are looking for a DJ company that has a great appreciation for music and knows how to put on a great party, you should definitely book 2Bays for your Northern Michigan wedding. I cannot recommend them enough. And if you are looking for a great DJ, make sure to ask for Luke.

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Dan Kenny of 2Bays DJ’s for our wedding last weekend in Northport! Several of our 150 guests approached us during & after the wedding to let us know how much fun they had and how great he was! He got on the microphone when necessary, but he wasn't “too” involved, the music selections were fantastic and the dance floor was packed from start to finish. Additionally, he was very approachable and incorporated as many special requests as he could, the transition from one song to another was seamless, and everything was impressively professional. It’s also worth mentioning that despite our late arrival to the reception, Dan was very flexible and kept all of our guests entertained and informed. We definitely felt that our money was well spent! Thank you Dan!

We had Dan Kenny with 2bays DJ for our outdoor/barn wedding and were absolutely THRILLED with how the day and night turned out! The planning process was seamless and Dan was available to help with all our questions. He provided outdoor sound for our ceremony and cocktail hour and did an awesome job accommodating our love of indie/alternative music with popular oldies and top40s to appeal to everyone. The dance floor was full throughout the evening and we received many compliments on the DJ after the wedding. The only downside was that the reception/dancing couldn't last longer!

We had Dan from 2Bays DJs and he was totally awesome! Prior to my wedding (August 2013) at the Top of the Park in Traverse City, MI I was able to do a ton of planning via their website, with their client area login which was super easy to navigate. I filled out a planning form and a event timeline, so I could plan what time I wanted things to occur, such as the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, best man’s speech and also included the wedding party’s names, etc. This made the night run super easy, so Dan could get things started and do introductions. Also I loved that we could request music prior to the wedding, and request music for the bride and groom dance and other special dances. Having the client login is so smart and makes all the wedding planning so easy! I spoke to Dan briefly a few days before the wedding regarding ceremony music, which I totally left up to him and put all the trust in his hands regarding what music I (the bride) should walk down the aisle to and the rest of the bridal party, because I hadn’t a clue what to pick! He did the ceremony beautifully, the music was perfect… I have watched my wedding video a million times with family and friends and we all cry, because the music fit our ceremony so perfectly! During cocktail hour we had conversation music and during the reception the music was music that everyone could dance to and had fun with! We still hear wave reviews from our wedding guests about our music from our wedding! Our guests have all said Dan was the best dj ever and that was the most that they have ever danced at a wedding! Dan was so cool too! He was having fun with all of our guests which made it an even better experience than a boring old guy! 2Bays DJs are young but they are totally cool, fun and they know what they’re doing and will give you what you want! Thank you 2Bays DJs I strongly recommend them to anyone, the search is honestly over, they’re the best hands down!

• User2043908 · 2+ years ago

We recently got married in Northen Michigan and Scott was our wedding DJ. I have nothing but fantastic things to say about him! He was so easy to work with and he kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end of the night. He was professional and did a great job of communicating with our other vendors to perfect the timing of our reception and was a great MC throughout dinner and dancing. Scott was a breeze to communicate with prior to our wedding, his website is easy to use and makes planning super easy. It even suggests popular songs for first dances, father/daughter dances, etc. We had so many people comment on how great he was. I would definiately refer him to anyone getting married in the area!

Scott was great at my wedding and I had so many compliments from my friends stating that they felt like they were in a club the way he mixed the music. The lighting was fantastic as it was not the chessy disco ball and added to the overall atmosphere of the night. I also liked that he did not place the hustle, line dances, etc... which I did not want at my wedding. He was reasonably priced and by far the BEST DJ in the area. If you are looking for someone stop looking and just hire Scott! You will be 100% happy with your choice.

• Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 03/23/2013

By far the most important decision was the DJ. We found that in attending other weddings we only remembered if the DJ, food, and alcohol were good so that was our focus for our big day. We lucked out and managed to get Scott for our wedding, which in hindsight I would have easily paid extra to guarantee him, and he absolutely made the night memorable. He met with us before the wedding to go over everything we wanted and our timeline to make sure everything went smoothly the big day. Every song requested got played immediately and if he didn't have it, he got it! He mixed old lyrics over today's hit songs and had our dance floor packed the entire night. His equipment was great, sound was incredible, and the up lighting with the music was worth every penny spent. People were dancing before dinner was served, if that gives you a heads up. Amazing music and he loves what he does!! We can't say enough about him, he even was able to throw the bride a wireless mic on the fly when her only karaoke song, Shoop, got played. Lock your day in before he runs out of weekends! See you at the anniversary party next year Scott!

Josh · Married on 10/13/2012

Being a second time wedding for me, of course it was important for me and my bride to have a wedding that would not compare to anything else on earth. That we got, and owe it all to 2bays. Scott had the bare minimum notice for our reception. He met us for the first time at the reception, with the few songs we gave him to play-he knew our style right away and ran with it. At the end of the night, people were begging us to keep the party going. We had all ages, but had to consider a large number of older crowd and still keep the party alive. Nobody could have been better. We knew our music would set the whole tone for our celebration. It was our first priority and best investment in our wedding decisions. If you want a wedding nobody will forget, 2Bays are your guys!

• Maria

Maria · Married on 10/07/2011

Above and beyond our expectations...5 stars all the way!!!
    Where do I begin... I met Scott from 2Bays Djs at the Bridal Show at the Grand Traverse Resort. There were at least 5 other Dj's there, and I immediately knew that Scott was the guy for our wedding. Although he is young, some people may think he can't handle the stress of directing the events of a wedding reception, but that is soooo far from the truth. Scott was very professional from day one! 2Bays Dj's site is so easy to navigate that selecting songs and making a play list were a breeze. We met in person shortly before the wedding to ensure that the schedule, songs and bridal party names were all in order, and this reassured me that our day would go off without a hitch. So how did our wedding day turn out? We had 200+ people and all I heard was how our dance floor was the most packed they have seen at any wedding!! Scott played music that appealed to all ages from the older crowd to the kids. He even played salsa and merengue for my family who flew in from Puerto Rico. Honestly, words can't explain how grateful we are to Scott and 2Bays Djs for making our wedding night an amazing and memorable event! Thank you! Well worth the money!!! We would hire him again without hesitation!!

Shaun · Married on 09/24/2011

Simply amazing. My wife had stumbled upon their website before we had even heard about how great they were. Before our wedding, we had received some fantastic reviews that we had chosen the right DJ, but we had to see for ourselves!

Personally, I was amazed at Scott's professionalism. He had the organizational skills and motivation of a well-seasoned CEO. Not something we were used to for a DJ! More importantly his ability to work with us and not "for us" was something you can't replicate. His ability to read the dance floor and dish up exactly what we wanted was the icing on the cake.

Highly recommended.

Meghan · Married on 09/10/2011

I can only echo the praise these other brides have left. Our wedding was on 9.10.11 in Arcadia, and my guests are still talking about how great the reception was. I live in Denver, so had some concerns about planning the wedding from a far. We even debated in the beginning the DJ vs Band aspect, with a feeling of bands are the classier option. Scott and his work reset all of my family's opinion on that matter, DJ is the way to go. I sent spreadsheets of our requests, and Scott worked them in beautifully. I recognized early on that I was a picky bride, but Scott never raised an issue with any of my requests. He responded promptly over email to every request. He even worked in a little accent lighting to our tent, that added a nice touch of fun for the dancing. Our reception rocked, from start to finish...and Scott kept it rolling. I can not say enough great things about Scott and his work, I can only hope we get the chance to use him again at my future family weddings!

Anna · Married on 09/03/2011

I never knew how much value a DJ could add to a wedding until I met Scott as he blew us and our guests out of the water at our September 3, 2011 wedding. He worked with us to create an awesome collaboration for our bridal party intro song and perfectly captured our taste in music throughout the ENTIRE night. The soft indie music at dinner really set the mood and Scott transitioned into dancing with one of our favorite songs by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Heads Will Roll." Guests were on their feet within a matter of seconds and the music literally didn't stop until we closed down shop! It was amazing how he mixed songs together you would never even think of! It got both the young folks and older folks out on the dance floor. Scott even played an encore for us because everyone was still on the dance floor and didn't want to leave. I have never been to a wedding where there were so many people on the dance floor all night and we truly have Scott to thank for this! Our guests are still talking about the music and how great our party was. I would highly recommend Scott from 2Bays DJs! Hands down the best DJ I have ever came in contact with.

Jake · Married on 07/23/2011

Scott was awesome. He made our wedding so much easier for us. He anticipated a ton of things I would have never thought of, was very flexible in what he provided, and played great music that kept the party rocking. I imagined a great performance based on previous reviews I read, but what i got even exceeded those. I honestly cannot say how great of a DJ Scott was.

Sadie · Married on 08/28/2010

SCOTT IS AWESOME!
    He definitly made my night perfect! He was SO easy to work with! He did every thing I asked and more. ... the music mix was awesome and had the guests dancing all night! I cannot believe the number of people who have commented about our DJ! They all keep saying how good he was and asking where I found him! ... He did the outdoor ceremony for us (the sound quality was great) and the reception. His announcing for the reception was awesome, up-beat, and exactly what I wanted! He played all the music we requested and kept the party going until 2 AM! I am so happy we had 2BaysDjs (scott) ... he was unforgettable!

THANK YOU SCOTT! - Steven & Sadie Merchant

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2010

Scott Perry and 2Bays DJs is by far the best DJ I have ever seen. He played at our wedding a couple weeks ago and no one got off the dance floor! Scott is a lot of fun, professional, flexible, responsive and very creative. We gave him some songs we like but let him play whatever and it was absolutely fantastic!! Half of my guests said our wedding was the best they had ever been to and I am sure Scott helped make that happen. If you hire another DJ for your event, you're a fool. Seriously.

Scott Rocks!

David · Married on 07/31/2010

Scott at 2Bays DJ was a fun, professional, easygoing dj to work with. Their interactive website (with music requests) was so helpful!

Lisa · Married on 07/17/2010

2Bays DJs did an amazing job! Scott was extremely flexible. We received many compliments from our guests on how wonderful our DJ was at the reception. We would suggest 2Bays DJs to anyone we know, for any type of event.

Staci · Married on 04/24/2010

Scott was wonderful to work with during the planning process of our wedding. He was professional, fun and quick to respond to my (e-mail, phone) contacts to him. What I most appreciatiated was that the day of the wedding he was ready and willing to jump in when needed and work with our timeline. He was friendly, outgoing and our guests thought he was great!! We thought the online tools were helpful and efficient. We had taken the time to add several songs that we liked to our pre-request list, and then during the night realized that people weren't dancing too much to these songs, so Scott stepped it up and really listened to what the crowd was liking! Thanks Scott...we are telling lots of people about you and your service and that we were more than satisfied!!

Ashley · Married on 12/12/2009

Choosing 2Bays DJs for my wedding reception was definitely the best decision I made relating to the entire reception. Scott was our DJ and he was great! He was easy to work with, replyed to emails/phone calls from me right away and helped me decide on the music selection. He also created an awesome slide show, helped pick music that went well with it, and even sent me copies of it after the reception. The whole night Scott kept people out on the floor by reading the crowd and taking requests. People are still talking (three months later) about how much fun they had. Several people said there legs were very sore the next day from dancing so much! He also looked and acted very professional. I would recommend 2Bays DJs to anyone looking for a professional, easy-to-work-with DJ who will keep your guests (and you!) happy, and doing all this at a very reasonable cost! I would have expected to pay much more for the quality of service I received.