27 Entertainment Reviews

27 Entertainment 3
27 Entertainment 4
27 Entertainment 5

Megan · Married on 07/13/2018

Matthew and Sterling were absolutely amazing! They played all the songs I requested, and they even joined us on the dance floor which really made everyone want to dance even more! I do not think anyone sat down the entire time they were playing. We had kids at our wedding and they were very careful as to what type of songs were played while the children were outside (it was at a house so kids came outside to inside as they pleased), but as soon as the kids went inside you can tell the music changed and I thought that was absolutely wonderful! Highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed!! My now sister-in-law wants them for her wedding too!! If I could give a 10, I would!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Amy · Married on 06/23/2018

I only needed to interview one DJ...

We hired Matthew and 27 Entertainment for our wedding in June 2018. My husband and I live abroad and we were having a wedding celebration for my family in NW Indiana. At the end of our Skype interview, I told Matthew "Is it bad that I don't want to interview any other DJs and just go ahead and hire you?" He laughed and said he was happy to hear this, but encouraged me to look around. I didn't. I went ahead and made the deposit as soon as I could.

Matthew and 27 Entertainment did not disappoint! They were prepared and ready to go! They helped get the party started. We loved their dancing and they played what we had requested on their website. They have set the bar very high with my family and friends for wedding DJs! I kept getting asked, "Where did you find these guys?" A bonus is the online planning tools on their website help to plan and organize the reception.

The other reviews I am reading are so accurate...professional, responsive, supportive and positive! I remember I told him that I feared no one would dance at my wedding and he reassured me that he would get my family dancing and he did!

If you like to have fun and dance Matthew and 27 Entertainment are the right DJ for you!!! We honestly feel so lucky that we were able to have them on our wedding day!

Sent on 01/25/2019

Dustin · Married on 06/08/2018

Woah!!!!!!! I CANNOT say enough good things about Matt and 27 entertainment...our first Dj canceled with very short notice and without question Matt at 27 E took us on and didn’t think twice about it. From the second we talked to him I couldn’t be happier that our first dj backed out because this was the dj we needed...they were super friendly and all about what you want NOTHING else...the one thing I asked for was to keep the dance floor busy and let me tell you the dance floor was full to the very last song and these guys are the entertainment... they don’t just play songs they become part of the experience and make you and all the guests feel amazing...Matt and his crew of 2 more were the best Dj’s I’ve ever seen in my life and I will never choose another dj service again...EVER! I had 107 guests and every single one said the DJ was the best part and 2 people I had there are ready to book them for their wedding that’s how good they were...so I can go on and on about how amazing these guys are as people and at what they do but I think you get it so if you ever have any party, wedding, etc do not hesitate and book them now you WILL NOT regret it thanks again Matt for you and your crew you made Rebecca and I have the best wedding we could have asked for...I’m a lifetime customer

Sent on 06/13/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

There aren't enough stars to rate 27 E! They made our big day PERFECT!! I live 9 hrs away from NWI, and whenever I was in town for wedding planning Matt always met up with me and made the planning easy. I was confident about our music for our wedding, there were no worries our doubts at all throughout the process. They showed up early (as they said they would), and did everything I asked. Matt and Sterling got the party going, they danced on the dance floor and made the evening a night to remember!! So many people at our reception said they wanted to book them for their kids' wedding one day, and my uncle even said that he just wanted to pay them to throw a party at his house because he enjoyed the music and dancing so much. Haha. By far the best DJs EVER!!!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Heather · Married on 05/12/2018

From the beginning, Matthew was absolutely amazing! He was super responsive to our questions and concerns and always remained professional. Throughout the process of planning, Matthew made sure the focus was on us and our day. He was supportive of what we wanted and encouraged us to think about things we may have note otherwise thought about. He made the process so simple and efficient. Once our wedding day arrived, I was nervous about the music, as I am a control freak. Matthew and Sterling NAILED IT!!! The music they played was on point for us and our guests. In addition to the music, Matthew and Sterling's dance moves really helped to hype up our crowd. Our dance floor was never empty! It was awesome to see DJ's who were able to play the music and keep the energy up for the entire evening. They even went above and beyond by helping out with our ring toss (we did this instead of clanking glasses for us to kiss). Sterling kept running to make sure our guests always had the rings available. After our wedding, many people commented on how amazing the DJ's were. I cannot even count how many people told me the DJ's were the best they had seen and were so much fun. I was asked countless times who they worked for and how to get in touch with them. My wedding was 5/12/18, and people are STILL talking about how awesome the DJ's were. If you are looking to book a DJ for any event, look no further! 27 Entertainment is the best choice you could make!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Jason · Married on 04/21/2018

We hired 27Entertainment for our wedding reception after meeting them and a few other DJ businesses, and it was clear that this company and crew is professional, organized and FUN. We worked personally with Matthew, Chris, Ray with some added dance moves from Sterling. It was truly a pleasure to talk about the wedding with Matthew. He provided so much enthusiasm and reassurance to get us excited about the the evening to come. I can be a bit neurotic (as I'm sure a lot of people planning a wedding are) and Matthew was so quick with responses to any questions or concerns I had about song selections timeline, etc. Our DJ for the night was Chris, who was wonderful on the mic, announcing everything throughout the night and keeping the evening on track. He and the other DJ, Ray, were just amazing with the music - there was no time when the dance floor was empty! Matthew and Sterling came later in the night to pump up the dance floor with their own dance moves. All four were such a hit. They got so many compliments from the guests, and personally I can't think of a better DJ company to have worked with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Debra · Married on 03/25/2018

They did a great job and are glad we selected them.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Shawn · Married on 03/17/2018

Matthew, Sterling and Brad were absolutely amazing. So many people said to us it was the best wedding they have been to and I strongly credit that to the awesome talent that came from 27 entertainment! We had such a fantastic time. One of our guests told us it was the best straight wedding she had ever been too and might even top the gay weddings she has gone to! The music was top notch. People danced the entire evening and if there was ever a lag (which i can’t remember if that even happened!) Sterling and Matthew were on the floor pumping everyone up! They are terrific entertainers and dancers, were organized and kept us on track. Hire them, you won’t regret it!! If not, you might end up like the wedding that was next door... dull. Our wedding was so fun we even had wedding crashers!! I give so much props to these guys! HIRE THEM.

Sent on 03/23/2018
    27 Entertainment 6

Corin · Married on 01/27/2018

You guys made my wedding day what it was! Thank you!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

We hired 27 entertainment for our wedding this past December. When we discussed what our expectations were for our wedding music we had one big request...make it a huge party! Matthew and Sterling did not disappoint and they were the talk of the wedding!!! When I looked up reviews prior to our big day people were saying that Matthew and Sterling were awesome and would be out dancing with everyone on the dance floor. I figured they would come out for a song now and then....NO....Sterling was out on the dance floor rocking it right from the start and Matthew joined in whenever possible! We couldn't help but smile and dance along just because they put all of our guests in such a good mood! They completed our wedding in every way possible and made the music selection process so easy. I felt that I was in good hands right from the start and I would recommend 27 entertainment, and especially Matthew and Sterling if you are looking to have a fun entertaining wedding where your guests will be talking about the awesome DJs for years to come.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Katrina · Married on 12/02/2017

Our wedding wouldn’t have been as beautiful as it was if it weren’t for 27 entertainment. Matthew, Sterling and Jon were amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. They go way beyond DJ’ing. They are clearly passionate about what they do and I would go through the stress of planning a wedding all over just to book them again. I can’t say thank you enough!

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • User6658385 · 1+ year ago

We absolutely LOVED working with 27 Entertainment. We had the pleasure of working with both video & DJ. They were intelligent, caring and so much fun. They made our wedding day!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/12/2017

The party never stopped. Even an encore was obliged at the end because no one wanted the music to end. They did a fantastic job of keeping the dance floor jam packed from the first dance to the final song. Never have I ever attended such a fun wedding in all my life!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Mike and his team were awesome! Super helpful and did an amazing job. We got so much positive feedback from our guests on how great of a job our DJ did. He was always responsive to questions, prompt and professional. Count ask for anything more! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Bliss · Married on 07/29/2017

I do not have 1 bad thing to say about 27 Entertainment! My new husband and I just had our wedding in July. Mike and Rashad keep our guests dancing all night long. Their song choices went smoothly together with our selections. The DJs were fun and very professional. I will recommend them for any and all events.

Sent on 08/01/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/22/2017

Great fun and kept the party going strong!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Teresa · Married on 07/15/2017

We worked with Mike (the general manager) and Tim (our DJ) from 27 Entertainment for our July 2017 wedding, and we couldn't have been more pleased! They are both very nice, organized, accommodating, and easy to talk to.

Before your wedding, 27 Entertainment provides you with access to an online portal, so you can do your ceremony and reception planning. They also allow you to pay the balance in increments (as opposed to one lump-sum payment), which is SO, SO helpful. Throughout the planning process, whenever I had a question, Mike and Tim always got back to me very quickly. Additionally, about a week and a half before our wedding, we met with Tim (he drove to us in Chicago) to make sure we were all on the same page.

On the wedding day, Tim and Jarrett (the DJ and his assistant) were awesome!!! Our ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast! Tim was on top of the timeline (bridal party introductions, speeches, first dance, etc.) and made sure my husband and I knew what was happening next. Throughout the reception, he would also pull us aside to ask how he was doing and if he should play any other song or type of music.

I so highly recommend 27 Entertainment for any event!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kelsey · Married on 06/17/2017

Everything went fantastically with Tim and Jon. Tim made us so comfortable and reassured us that everything would go smoothly. He went out of his way to find us in person at our wedding and make sure that we all agreed on the order of events. He made sure to ask our permission if he received a request from a guest that seemed out of the ordinary, and he played all of the songs on our must play list. Every transition was perfect, and he brought to life the visions that we explained to him from grand entrance to father-daughter dance to Purdue fight song! We could not have asked for a better wedding, and we have 27 Entertainment to thank for that. Thank you for making our night so special. We will never forget it.

Sent on 06/24/2017

James · Married on 06/10/2017

We hired Mike Kane to be our officiant and DJ for our wedding, and we could not be happier with that choice. Mike Kane completely exceeded our expectations. We have been given many compliments that it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they have ever seen and one of the, if not the best wedding they had been to. As our officiant, Mike did a great job of helping us write our vows, something that my wife and I were really having a hard time working on. We procrastinated a very long time, and were working on them up until the day before the ceremony. Mike Kane showed no annoyance with this, he has an awesome laid-back attitude, which was perfect for us. When everything was put together at the ceremony, it came together beautifully. We could never have imagined it to be so elegant, classy, and very much “us,” and this is all thanks to Mike.
    As a DJ, Mike is fantastic at what he does. He kept our guests dancing all night, we gave him songs we liked but ultimately told him that the number one goal was to get people dancing and having a great time. We think Mike did a superb job of picking songs that people loved but also that matched our musical interests. All of our guests had an awesome time, and many told us it was the best wedding they had been to in a very long time. Mike does a great job of figuring out what mood/feel you want for your reception and knows exactly what to do to achieve that. We really wanted our reception to be fun over anything else, we did not want it to be stuffy. Mike did an amazing job of keeping everything very fun, lively, yet still very classy. With Mike, everything went as we wanted it to, and it made for a great evening. Mike really knows what he is doing and he has a lot of experience doing this. When you hire Mike, you know that your reception is going to be a ton of fun and you know that you will not have to worry about anything going awry. We couldn’t recommend Mike enough.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Stephen was our DJ and he was fantastic!!! All of my guests had a blast! He knew how to move the night along & make it fun for everyone at our wedding. 27E treats their customers so great. Stephen made the trip to Chicago to meet with us 2 weeks before the wedding just to meet and talk about what Doug & I were looking for! He made awesome suggestions and listened to everything we wanted! I would highly recommend 27 entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ for an event!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Terri · Married on 05/13/2017

Jacob and Alex were amazing! Our photographer, Emily Laraine Photography, recommended them and they were outstanding. From day one, speaking with Mike and to the months leading to the week of our wedding, they have been so helpful. From the online planning tools and speaking with Jacob about the wedding timeline, everything has been so easy and stress free. We hired them for film and DJ and were so amazed by how professional and approachable they are. They made us feel so comfortable about everything and relaxed on the day of. My husband and I highly recommend 27 Entertainment!!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Tori · Married on 05/13/2017

We loved having 27 Entertainment at our wedding reception. The biggest differentiator was Tim making the effort to come to Chicago and meet with us to get to know us, our music tastes, convince us to do the Wobble, and go through various parts of the reception to make sure we had everything planned out. He was able to mix in all of the songs that we wanted to hear, and definitely kept the party going through the entire night. We still have family and friends raving about how much fun the dance floor was at our wedding, and we couldn't have done it without Tim and 27 Entertainment!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/04/2017

Jacob and Bradley did an amazing job. They were highly professional and were able to adapt to anything that came their way. Friends and family complimented how great they were and how they kept the party going! Our event coordinator mentioned that 27 Entertainment will be on her short list of DJs to recommend for any forthcoming events. My husband and I will highly recommend 27 Entertainment any chance we get!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Mallory · Married on 12/17/2016

27 Entertainment did a wonderful job DJing our wedding! Everyone was dancing from the first song :) We requested Harry Potter/Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings classical music for our dinner and cocktail hour and it was perfect! Any song they don't have, but you want, they will get it for you. They are outstanding and I would highly recommend them! Our DJ Dan was fantastic!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Amy · Married on 11/12/2016

Wow-- honestly all i can say is wow. If you dont use this company for video and dj you are missing out. They had our trailer for a wedding done in 1 day and its breathtaking. Family and friends were brought to tears instantaneosly. Visit them on facebook and watch it even if you dont believe me. Besides the quality of work they are responsive, great value and accomodating. Greatest team ever. Absolutely made my wedding day.

Sent on 11/20/2016