24 carrots Catering & Events Reviews

24 carrots Catering & Events 1
24 carrots Catering & Events 2
24 carrots Catering & Events 3

3.5

We were so excited to have 24 Carrots cater out wedding! It was a beautiful presentation and I didn't hear of any serious complaints, except the food was unfortunately not of the same quality as we had anticipated based on our food tasting. Our salad was overdressed, and the chicken was a little on the dry side. It was only a bummer considering how much money we spent on making sure the food was really enjoyable for all. We loved the fun add ons like the coffee station and tropical tea station, and the linens and flatware looked wonderful when the room all put together. And the coordinator was really sweet and great to work with. It also cost more than expected because we were forced to pay for another chef/staff due to our headcount increasing. Overall though the service was good.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Beth · Married on 05/03/2009

3.0

The event staff were so much fun to have at our wedding!! They became friends with my family and guests!!! Several guests told me the service was excellent. I thought I was being spoiled because I was the bride!!! All my guests were spoiled.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Christine · Married on 10/09/2011

3.0

I'm torn because, obviously the food at our tasting was much better than what we had at our reception. Part of it was probably because we had buffet rather than plated. The beef brisket that we had was amazing but I'm not sure I was really blown away by anything else. I was extremely hopeful because the food was soooo so good at our tasting. Nothing was bad of course. I would say if food is really important to you, then avoid going with buffet because it just doesn't taste the same when it come from a big tray of food. But you do get more quantity and people can go back for seconds. The late night kobe beef sliders were amazing but the ahi tuna tacos were too salty. So a little hit and miss unfortunately for me. Maybe we just didn't order the right things off the menu. Cost was great for food and drink. They separate rentals and staffing which means you don't have to pay tax on it but it adds a lot extra in the end than just the pricing of food/drink.

Sent on 10/28/2011
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 09/10/2011

The food was phenomenal! The choices to choose from and quality were exceptional. However, the only thing we asked before paying for 6 hours of an open bar was that they not run out of Jack Daniels, and one hour before the bar closed, they did. Again, A+ service and food, just hoped they were more prepared behind the bar!

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • O

Karen · Married on 02/21/2009

3.8
      3.5

I would recommend working with 24 carrots. I only had one bad experience with them the night of my wedding- I felt like they handled a guest who had been drinking too much (best man) the wrong way. Instead of talking to the wedding coordinator about it, they just shut down the entire bar abruptly. I (the bride) had to find somebody to speak with to resolve the situation. I was upset about that.

Sent on 05/29/2009

Katrina · Married on 09/04/2016

3.4
      3.5

The Colony House is an absolutely beautiful venue, and while we are ultimately happy with our decision to have our wedding there, we did run into a few issues of note.

For the positives:
    Like I mentioned, the venue was beautiful and made for wonderful pictures. The simple layout of the venue was spacious for our 120 guests and also ideal for what we were trying to accomplish aesthetically. The day-of staff was very professional and accommodating. And, lastly, the food was very, very good. We even had several food allergies in our group, and 24 Carrots was able to accommodate all of them too!

On the not-as-positive side:
    There were three main areas where there was room for improvement when it came to working with 24 Carrots and The Colony House staff.

First, communication wasn’t the best. In an industry where other vendors were responding back within a day (if not a couple hours), there were multiple occasions where I wouldn’t hear back on questions for over a week. There were also inconsistencies between the answers we received from different staff members, which they attributed to our main contact leaving about 6 weeks before our wedding. However, the inconsistencies occurred both during the time she had been there and after she left. We understand that they were short-staffed after she left, but we also didn’t get our finalized contract until just a few days before our wedding (2.5 weeks later than promised).

Second, we felt a little nickel and dimed. We know that the weddings don’t come cheap, but there were certain charges that just felt disrespectful. For instance, glasses weren’t included in the price for the bar, and we were quoted a certain price for coffee per person and then later found charges for the “urns” to serve it out of. Why wouldn’t that cost have been factored into the per person charge since we couldn’t have served coffee without them?

Third, and maybe the most significant issue we ran into, was that we were never told

Sent on 10/18/2016

1.5
      3.5

We were disappointed with the actual food. The tasting food rated around 8.5 out of 10; but the actual food at the wedding was maybe 5.5. The Mesclun salad did not contain as much of the premium ingredients like fruit and nuts. The macaroni & cheese and herb and garlic potatoes were bland while at the tasting they were superbly seasoned. The steaks were all over cooked smaller and much tougher than the tasting. The chicken was also much smaller The food was cold by the time the last guests got theirs. Only one of four appetizers came out in quantity.
    I removed the top plate for being dirty. The second plate was also slightly dirty but I took it anyway. The first in line were told to select a chicken or beef entree. But I had paid for everyone to have chicken AND beef. There were no leftovers.
    In their defense it was holiday weekend and this may have been their B team; but it was very disappointing.
    However, the bartenders did a tremendous job. They also did a lovely jobs setting the tables and chairs.
    Everyone loved the wedding and the food was generally rated good in feedback, but not excellent. We were going for excellent.

Sent on 09/16/2015

FARNAZ · Married on 05/01/2010

2.8
      2.5
      2.5

My husband and I were married at Rancho Las Lomas and didn't have a choice on picking a caterer. 24 Carrots took care of all our rentals. My main issue was with the event coordinator that were assigned. In my opinion, she was very standoffish. I absolutely did not enjoy working with her.

They were an ok company to work with and the food is decent. I honestly cannot say that I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Tina · Married on 05/22/2010

2.0

We got married at Rancho Las Lomas so we didn't have a choice on which caterer to use. They also handled all of our rentals (linens, tables, chairs, etc). Heather was our event coordinator at 24 Carrots and she was really nice, but very difficult to get a hold of. It would take a few days for her to respond to our emails, but once we got in contact with her she was super helpful. She made sure we stayed within our budget and made a lot of great suggestions.

Now for the food. Everything was good except for the chicken. One of our tables was served raw chicken at the wedding and it looked as if it was just seared. Our guests that received the raw chicken mentioned it to the 24 carrots staff and they didn't do anything about it. They didn't even bring out another plate of food. It was very embarrassing to find this out and we spent quite a bit of money for our guests to enjoy dinner, so this is very disappointing. After the wedding we sent an email to Heather regarding the raw chicken and she completely ignored the email. So if you decide to get married at Rancho and you have to use 24 Carrots, DO NOT ORDER THE CHICKEN!! They were an ok company to work with and the food is decent if it's cooked and prepared correctly, but honestly we will never use this caterer again for any event.

Sent on 06/24/2010