24 carrots Catering & Events Reviews

24 carrots Catering & Events 1
24 carrots Catering & Events 2
24 carrots Catering & Events 3

Cyndie · Married on 08/21/2010

24 Carrots did a fabulous job. They stood out to me because they were hip, friendly, and special. Food was one of the most important things for my wedding, so I had to try out several places to make sure that my guests would have good food. 24 Carrots laid out a great tasting menu for me, and it was hard to not choose them because their food was so yummy! We had various meals throughout the night, including late night snacks for the guests, and the guests really appreciated that. The guests complimented me on the food, and also complimented me on the great wait service. I have also recommended 24 carrots to cater my company events now. So, I would definitely recommend them to other couples.

Sent on 12/09/2011

katherine · Married on 08/14/2010

The very best! The food is amazing!!!!!!!! 24carrots is the most professional group of caters I have come across. I have used them 3 times in the last 8 months for an engagement party, a bridal shower and my daughters reception. Each event was an entirely different menu with a different theme. Each event was raved about by all who attended. Working with Kimberlyn was a dream. She was on top of everything and communicated constantly assuring the end results were exactly what we expected and more!
    Their menus are as simple or as complex as you want them with the highest quality food prep and presentation. Very accommodating and flexible to work with. They are a one stop shop as well, with rentals printing services, almost everything you need for your event.

Watching them at my daughters wedding reception (new venue to them) was like watching a Swiss timepiece. They were in such sync due to great organization and management. Especially Kimberlyn...Thanks to all at 24 carrots, you guys are amazing!

Sent on 08/18/2010
  • W

Willow · Married on 08/14/2010

The food was fantastic! We had a little something for everyone and our guests are still commenting on how great the food was. The staff was also fantastic they were all so nice and helpful, all our guests had a great time!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Carol · Married on 07/31/2010

I can not even begin to tell what a great team we had for my son's wedding. It was at my home, both service and reception. Kimberlyn Richardson was my contact and she walked the Bride, Groom and myself through every step if the way. I feel that she made sure that we got the most for our money and the best of service.

The team that was sent to our home was beyond wonderful. By 6:30 p.m. I was done, and I took Debbie, our team leader, aside and told her to please take over and make this wonderful. I am still hearing back from our guests as to how these people made sure that their every need was taken care of. Food was taken to my D.J. and bartenders and before I knew it I was sitting with a plate of food in front of me as I missed the buffet line.

Tonight we met a neighbor who have used 24 Carrots in the past and raved about them and when I told them how wonderful our event turned out the said they would be using them for future events.

I can type all night but can not even come close to telling the true value of this group. They came in and I would have to say they handled everything as if it was one of their family getting married.

Thank you 24 Carrots and please feel free to have anyone contact me for a reccomendation.

Sent on 08/02/2010

Carrie · Married on 06/25/2010

Don't think twice about using 24 Carrots for your wedding or any event. Lynn is the best! She helped out so much with my wedding at the Newland Barn. She even helped us find the venue! Down to the last detail she was there for everything! The food was amazing! The bridesmaids were asking for seconds before they even finished the first plate! Many people said it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten!

Sent on 07/09/2010
  • Lido Bride

Tawni · Married on 06/05/2010

Oh my gosh... we just LOVED our experience with Lynn and 24 Carrots. Like several other couples, we interviewed several other caterers and just weren't impressed until we found 24 Carrots. They really had the quality of food we were seeking, it was delicious and our guests loved it. Most brides don't even eat, but I made sure to eat that night because I wasn't going to miss out. Our experience with Lynn throughout the whole process was perfect, we have no complaints. She and the team were so helpful and made my mother and I feel so at ease throughout the planning process. The service on the wedding day was so amazing... the server dedicated to my husband and I literally chased us down the street as we took photos with our own special plate of appetizers and champagne. It was amazing and the appetizers, which are my favorite part of a meal.... divine! Then as we sat down the gentlemen serving my husband and I did such an incredible job, he catered to our every need and made us feel so special. Lynn, how can I thank you enough... you made the whole night go smoothly... even though we were a little off schedule, you were awesome, providing alternatives and never making me feel worried or rushed. You felt like a friend by the end of the whole thing, after a year of corresponding, tastings, walk thru's, etc. You were amazing. I couldn't be more pleased with the whole experience and if I had to to it again, I would choose 24 Carrots, hands down. They totally exceeded our expectations... which were high :O) Thank you soo much, you were such a huge part of making our wedding day so wonderful. I would recommend 24 Carrots to all future brides!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Anne · Married on 04/09/2010

My fiancee (now-husband!) and I had a very specific vision for our wedding when we began searching for catering vendors last year. He and I are from England and California respectively, but were living in Italy at the time - we wanted to create a menu that really reflected us personally & that showcased our 'foodie' side as well as our cultural backgrounds. We didn't want the same ol' boring 'chicken or beef' kind of wedding - but envisioned doing creative interactive food stations based on our tastes. And, we didn't want a cake, but wanted to do a gourmet imported cheese table with fruits, and a candy buffet. We interviewed a few caterers and none quite 'got it' until we spoke with Lynn Rinek (Who is THE BEST!!!) at 24 Carrots - she completely understood our vision & not only executed it with her team perfectly, but essentially walked through the entire planning experience with us over the past 10 months and made it her vision as well. Our wedding was last Friday night, April 9th and I can honestly say that EVERYTHING went better than we'd even hoped - Lynn was there for us throughout the entire evening, always one step ahead of us. For example, at one point I panicked when I noticed that a guest had brought a date that I'd not anticipated - I was looking for Lynn to see if she could make an extra place setting for his date when she actually found me and said, "Not to worry! I noticed when they came in and it's all handled already - we pulled up an extra chair and made her a place card!" It was incredible! Lynn's coordination allowed me to feel like one of the happiest, most relaxed brides ever - everything ran smoothly, the food was delicious & was prepared to gourmet standards (a FAR cry from the typical 'chicken or beef' kinda' scenario!!) - our guests are still raving about our 'alternative taco martini bar' and 'interactive risotto station'!! I may not have mentioned this, but my career background is actually in event planning and PR Management - I've coordinated events for over 10 years for high-end luxury companies around the globe - and I can honestly say that the job that 24 Carrots and Lynn Rinek did for us is some of the BEST catering in the country, and in fact the world. My only regret is that I'm not getting to still work with them at the moment!! Maybe I'll just need to hand in my resume, I loved their team so much!?! ;-) THANK YOU, LYNN & THE 24 CARROTS TEAM!!! Brides - if you are in doubt & need a good caterer in Southern California, look no further!! You've found the best right here!!

Sent on 04/16/2010

Angel · Married on 11/07/2009

Wow, what can I say? I am still blown away by 24 Carrots--they are absolutely THE best caterers, hands-down! Cornel and I and my family met them in 2007, when they were on a list of four caterers for Rancho Las Lomas, and it was an absolute MUST that we hire them. They blew away the competition. And my family is picky about food--we can be hard to please. But 24 Carrots is not like other catered food--it can compete with some of the best restaurants! It was no surprise to us when they were selected to be the preferred caterer at Rancho--they are simply the best. Our guests could not believe how amazing everything was--people who normally don't like ahi tuna, or coconut shrimp, tasted it and LOVED every bite! Guests told us our food was easily the best they've ever had at a wedding--some even said it was the best filet mignon and halibut they've ever had, period! The quality, and the value, are absolutely worth every penny. Plus, you have Heather and Norm, who are just phenomenal people to work with, and went above and beyond every expectation! Heather went out of her way to please us--it's really been such a joy to work with her. We had to change our wedding date a year into our engagement, and everything flowed so seamlessly! We made several changes to our budget and Heather and Norm accommodated us so easily and effortlessly that at no time did I ever feel stressed. I felt absolutely at ease, knowing we were all in great hands! And that's how you should feel on your wedding day, and in the months leading up to it--you need to trust your caterers and feel confident that they will take care of everything for you. I am not used to being so spoiled, and I feel like I will need to spoil them back, because everything they've done has just been magical, like a dream come true! Thanks Heather, Norm, and the wonderful staff at 24 Carrots for making my and Cornel's dream a reality!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Joy · Married on 10/17/2009

24 Carrots is the most professional and detail oriented caterer I have ever encountered. Highly, highly recommend. They took so much stress off me on my wedding day and it felt like I had a wedding planner with their staff. Although they are not the cheapest they are the best value because of the service and extra effort that they put into your event. I can't imagine having done my wedding without their help. THEIR FOOD IS AMAZING!!!! Everyone loved it and raved about the food and service. A++++++++++

Sent on 10/21/2009

Marci · Married on 10/10/2009

24 Carrots did an outstanding job for us. The ceremony/reception were delayed 1 1/2 hours due to sudden illness and hospitalization of groom's mother, yet 24 Carrots stepped up and handled everything beautifully. All of the food was delicious, beautifully served - guests are still talking about the delicious food and the outstanding service throughout the evening. Can't say enough about their flexibility and reaction to the delay insuring that all of the food was timely and properly served to perfection to our guests. Cannot recommend them enough. Too bad can't rate them higher.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Tara · Married on 09/13/2009

24 Carrots was amazing! Everything tasted great, plus it's put together so beautifully. They organized everything from the food, drinks and rentals. It could not have gone better!

Sent on 10/26/2009

Yvette · Married on 03/21/2009

I couldnt be more pleased with the quality of service. it was an amazing day and they had absolutely OUTSTANDING food and service.

Sent on 06/07/2009

carrie · Married on 03/20/2009

24 Carrots is sooooooooooo yummy! I am getting soooo many compliments from all the guests about how great all the food was. The appetizers during cocktail were super delic- many of the guests told me they ate so much they weren't even hungry for dinner. 24 Carrots definitely takes pride in their commitment to excellence and it shows!

Sent on 04/11/2009

Kara · Married on 05/02/2008

24 Carrots rocks! They go above and beyond "traditional" wedding food! People are still talking about how outstanding all the food was. As the bride & groom, we had a server assigned to us for the night. Anything anyone needed, someone from the 24 Carrots staff was available. The highlight of the night was tray passed mini milk shakes & sweet potato fries while everyone was dancing!

Sent on 08/13/2009

24 Carrots was the preferred caterer for the venue we chose, Rancho Las Lomas. I was a little apprehensive at first not knowing their pricing and offerings, but I was immediately relieved when we had our first contact from our event coordinator at 24. They offer so many options to fit your budget, event, and style. We were able to do an early tasting so my then fiance could help choose our menu before a deployment. Elise and Hannah were always quick to respond to my questions and could accommodate some special requests. Their staff on the day-of were professional and friendly. The food was amazing and our guests were stuffed by the end of the night! I'm so happy we had the opportunity to work with 24 Carrots because they can literally do anything!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Kristina · Married on 04/27/2014

My catering manager was Nicole and she was fantastic! I loved how straightforward she was and she was excellent with organizing the final details for the wedding. They were very flexible in food choices for my guests as I had vegetarians and those with severe food allergies -- they provided an entirely different menu to one of guests because of her specific food allergies! The staff on the day of was very professional and attentive. The food on the day of the wedding tasted just as delicious as it did at our tasting. My guests all LOVED the food! The only reason I docked half a star was sometimes there was a bit of delay in response, but it just show you how busy and popular they are!

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 05/05/2012

You get what you pay for!!!! Now don't get me wrong this is not the least expensive food, but it is the most delicious and beautiful food! But why would you get the cheapest food for your wedding?!?! I would think you want people to remember your wedding for how great everything was, not forget about your wedding because the food was ehh or so so. Well our guest cannot stop talking about how wonderful the food was, we had 3 different stations Mediterranean landscape, Buddha Bar and the Pasta bar (BTW my Italian family said it was some of the best pasta they had EVER HAD). This was in addition to our 6 delicious tray passed appetizers which our guest devoured! The service was impeccable the staff was dressed to impress, extremely professional and attentive. And my guest cannot stop talking about the FOOD! 24 carrots is the way to go if you want an event people will remember for all of the right reasons!

Sent on 05/11/2012

Jean · Married on 05/14/2011

The food at my daughter's reception was wonderful. We had a few guests with food allergies and they adapted their meals perfectly and made sure the correct meals were given to those guests.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Michelle · Married on 06/12/2010

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at Rancho Las Lomas on June 12, 2010 with 24 Carrots as our caterer. 24 Carrots catering was FANTASTIC. They handled the food, bar, linens, everything - and did it perfectly. I never heard "sorry, we can't do that" or "I don't know what you want me to do" when we had questions, requests or concerns in the weeks before the wedding. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding. Even down to our event captain, Heather, folding our napkins herself to insure that they were a perfect fit for our menu cards. They lived up to every expectation I had....even surpassing most of them! We got so many comments about how professional the catering staff was at the wedding, how beautifully presented and yummy the appetizers, late night snacks, and entrees were (no cold food at a wedding of 180 people!), how quick the staff responded to the guests, and just generally how fabulous our wedding was! I would without a doubt recommend 24 Carrots to any couple who wants their wedding to be a fun, classy, gorgeous, relaxing and amazing experience. I'm not a perfectionist in my everyday life, but for my wedding I morphed into one. With 24 Carrots at the wheel, we were relaxed and able to enjoy our day! It was still a blur, as I hear most wedding days are, but all of our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever attended. I would, without hesitation, recommend 24 Carrots to anyone considering using them for their wedding!

Sent on 08/12/2010

katie · Married on 01/10/2010

The food and service provided 24 Carrots was SUPERB! Our wedding went great and according to plan thanks to 24 Carrots. Our friends and family were very impressed at 24 Carrot at our wedding. They set up our wedding perfectly just how we like it. If i were to give 24 Carrot a grade, without a doubt I'll give them an A+

Sent on 03/03/2010

Nicole · Married on 03/21/2019

Everyone said the food was so good!

Everyone said that the food was delicious! 24 Carrots was also great in accommodating our guests with food allergies. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Brenton · Married on 05/27/2018

We were so glad that 24 Carrots was part of our special day!

Food: The food was spectacular! Guests consistently told us how amazing the hors devours and entrees were! They were extremely pleased with the service and the attentiveness of the staff. Most of the times at a wedding the food is "okay" but nothing to remember. However, the peppercorn crusted filet and wild mushroom risotto were praised. Also all the hors devours were tasty and elegantly presented (sign me up for another Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup shooter).

Logistics: The 24 Carrots team was extremely professional and helped to handle all facets of the day for us. They helped us to start planning our wedding two years before the actual day, worked to rent rustic farm tables for the event, obtained heaters a week before the event, and worked to coordinate everything from the seating chart to the table service. They are truly a one stop shop!

Service: The night of the event many compliments were received on the amazing service which 24 Carrots provided. Additionally the 24 Carrots team even sent two waiters with us (one with drinks and one with food) to ensure we were being fed during our photos - which occurred during cocktail hour after the ceremony. The service was best, bar none.

We would highly recommend 24 Carrots cater your event! They have amazing food, a high quality staff, and are extremely helpful in all parts of event planning.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Although 24 carrots is pretty expensive and the tasting did not go as well as I had hoped, they really came through on wedding day! I think the biggest reason I was so pleased was because of Shelby! She made me feel very taken care of. She was quick to respond, considerate to my needs, and I know she made sure everything was perfect on Wedding Day!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Denisse · Married on 04/19/2013

We had our wedding reception at Rancho Las Lomas. We were lucky enough to have the option of booking through their caterer, 24 carrots, or book an outside vendor. After reading reviews of how expensive they were, we were scared and assumed an outside vendor would be our best bet. We were wrong! So please keep in mind that every case is different. 24 carrots was willing and more than accommodating to work with our budget. After meeting with other vendors, 24 carrots was the right choice for our customized menu. They fulfilled all of my requests and at the best value. The food was delicious and the wait staff were extremely professional. They paid extra attention to my husband and I on our day and we loved how they made us feel special! All of my wedding guests raved about the food. The only thing that was annoying during the months leading up to the wedding was that at times, I did not know who my coordinator was due to many staff changes. However, the day of, the party ran smoothly. Thank you 24 carrots for the amazing food and exceptional staff!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Steph · Married on 10/08/2011

24 Carrots is delicious. Everything is phenomenal! Some things might seem a little pricey, but you are paying for quality and service and you definitely get it. Try the butternut squash ravioli and the crusted halibut. The coconut shrimp appetizers are amazing as well!

Sent on 02/02/2012