21st Century Sounds Reviews

58 | Alamo, CA

58 Reviews for 21st Century Sounds

• Winterbride2017

Courtney · Married on 01/07/2017

Our wedding went off without a hitch and Arren was fantastic to work with! He was calm, cool, collected and kept us on task. Everyone was happy with him so I just wanted to reach out and let you know how much we appreciate 21st Century Sounds. You guys did a great job and were so easy to work with!

Sent on 01/09/2017

RIck · Married on 10/27/2016

Brian and his staff were outstanding! We met with Brian about 2-months prior to our wedding, and he help us design a comprehensive agenda for both the ceremony and dinner service. When we first spoke with Brian, you can tell immediately he knew how to make a party successful...he immediately put us at easy. During the ceremony, dinner, and dancing Brian was engaging with the quest and had fun himself. The value extended beyond just his services, because Brian provide excellent recommendations for photographer and florest. Individuals he has worked with for years and the coordination between Brian and Jim, the Photographer, was perfect. No need to look further...call Brian and book your event. Brian will make your guest and you truly happy.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Katelin · Married on 10/01/2016

We couldn't have had a better DJ at our wedding, made everything flow so smoothly and couldn't have asked for better service! Highly recommend 21st Century Sounds :)

Sent on 10/07/2016

samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

Arren was our DJ and he did an amazing job! He was at our venue setting up when arrived for photos a few hours before our ceremony and he come over to us introduced himself and let us know that he was here for us and to help us have an unforgettable wedding.

Arren was super friendly with all of our guests and he did an amazing job picking out music to play that suited the crowd. I asked him to play one Nsync song for my sister who is a huge fan and it turned out that everyone was super into the boyband songs. Arren played a few more boyband hits and every one was up dancing and a dance battle between groomsmen took place!

During dinner I stopped by Arren's booth a few times and asked him to play certain favorite songs of our guests and he did so instantly!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Rachael · Married on 09/24/2016

Words do not do justice to how FANTASTIC 21st Century Sound was to work with for my wedding.

Leading up the wedding, Brian was so easy to communicate with and very thorough, ensuring that we had the timeline down and he knew exactly what vibe I was going for. He even met me and the groom at our venue to scope it out, and go over details.

Upon meeting Arren, our assigned DJ, on our wedding day, I was so comforted by his calm demeanor and candor. He set the tone for the entire day. And I gotta say that as the bride, I loved when he told me: "Today is your day. Whatever you need, I'm here." It rang true as I asked for his help a lot throughout the evening!

His song choice was on-point; he played all the music we requested (with a few surprises that were perfect); and his MC-ing carried the entire wedding from beginning to end. Everyone loved him: my mom can't stop bragging about how they danced together, the groom comments often on his ability to cleverly incorporate song lyrics into every response, and my girlfriends can't stop talking about how fun it was when he led us in a dance.

I highly recommend calling 21st Century Sound for your next event --- and when you do, be sure to ask for DJ Arren!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Absolutely loved them!!! Our friend used Brian (the owner) for their wedding several years ago and referred us. We had a great experience all year working with Brian through all the planning and he made it so easy! He was unavailable for the weekend of our wedding so Arren was our dj and I can't say enough great things about him! He was so much fun and even danced with us on some songs. He took some great pictures in the photobooth to add to our guest book. Something so important that we never would have thought of... He noticed we were getting stopped from eating and my husband kept getting stopped on the way to he bathroom, he came up and said he needed to talk to us real quick just to give us that quick escape for the things we needed to do. We couldn't be happier with how the whole night went and got a ton of compliments on how great Arren did. Thank you both again for everything, it made our door so much more amazing!

Sent on 09/26/2016

21st Century Sounds's reply:

Ashley, Arren shared some wonderful stories from your day but none more than how relaxed and in love you & Anthony were throughout the evening. What a great setting you found at The Ranch at Little Hills and thanks for letting us play a part.

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Brian at 21st Century Sounds is incredible! While he wasn't actually our DJ at our wedding, he was so incredibly easy to work with throughout the planning process! He went above and beyond to make the process hassle free and efficient. From the initial meeting, he provided great song recommendations, but was also completely open to hearing our preferences and selections. He is incredibly responsive to emails and will do anything he can to ensure your DJ needs are met. He even helped troubleshoot our slideshow DVD when the copy I sent him would not work and we were just a few days away from the wedding. Joey was also great to work with on the day of our wedding. He went with the flow and was ready to make all of the last minute changes/adjustments we requested on the day of. I would absolutely use 21st Century Sounds again and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Marie · Married on 08/06/2016

This review is long overdue, Arren is the best DJ ever!!! He did our wedding at Bound Oak Golf Course on August 6, 2016. He did a excellent job and everyone said that they loved him. We met with him a couple weeks before the wedding to review our custom song list. He played all our songs and kept the party going! We hired him for the MC/DJ of the ceremony and the reception. I highly recommend him!! By the way, Brian did very good with communicating with us thru emails and keeping us up to date! If you want a good DJ, contact this company!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Theresa · Married on 07/16/2016

We hired 21st Century to DJ our wedding on the recommendation of our venue and we could not have been any more pleased with how everything turned out. From talking with the owner Brian on the phone, working out details (they made making a timeline so easy for a stressed out bride) to working with our DJ, Joey, the day of, everything was an absolute joy. We were able to pick all of the songs for our ceremony and Joey worked them in just right, including a very special recording of my grandmother. The sound quality was fantastic! The cocktail hour, dinner and dancing went off without a hitch. I have never seen a DJ who was so good at making sure the event was running so smoothly. Having been to a number of friend's weddings in the past year, I can confidently say that Joey is the best around. I would hire 21st Century again in a heartbeat :)

Sent on 07/19/2016

Greg & Brigitta · Married on 07/02/2016

The wedding went very well. Everyone had a good time. Joey is very cool and the equipment was awesome. Joey’s attire fitted in just perfectly, he looked comfortable and his relaxed nature fit with the people there.

He arrived at the event (which was 3 hours away) nice and early, ended up spending 9 hours there with setup and breakdown.

The music for the wedding was a perfect touch. We really loved the intro song and the exit song was great. The toasts were perfect volume and there was zero feedback. Very nice, first class.

Joey was able to play really good music for people to dance to. Many people requested a list of songs he ended up playing. That is a good sign.

I really liked seeing him out with the little kids teaching them to dance to a song I never hear of before, found out it was the Cha-Cha Slide. The little ones were doing great with his instruction! Very cute. Pretty cool.

It was a great night. All of us had fun and everyone loved the music; especially the children, they absolutely loved it! Many people said the event was first class and many said it was the best wedding they had been to.

The DJ makes all of the difference in any event. I have seen so many train wrecks, but after meeting Joey and Brian, I knew it would be good, but didn't know it would be that good! I know now why they earn all those stars.

I would definitely like Joey to do our next event. I am lucky to have found 21st Century Sounds!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

I HIGHLY recommend 21st Century Sounds!! From the second they arrived to the venue to the final dance at our son's wedding they went above and beyond!! Our DJ was AMAZING and our guests had a wonderful time. I will use them again and honestly can't say enough positive things about them. Thanks again to this talented group for making our son's wedding a night we will never forget

Sent on 07/11/2016

Alicia · Married on 10/10/2015

Brian and his staff made sure we had the best sound quality and entertainment throughout our wedding night. He was so accommodating to our song selections, and he brainstormed ideas which were so unique and memorable. Brian is very professional and truly cares about the services of his business. He is also very organized. He created a timeline of music to be played at specific moments of the night, which was so awesome because I never felt lost in my planning. He will make everything right!

I do have to mention something that most people probably do not know about his DJ services:

*Brian and his team also sets up lighting and sets the ambience for the evening. You cannot beat his prices and it was beautiful! I would highly recommend all of his packages that includes lighting*

I recommend everyone to use 21 century sounds for their DJ entertainment. The music was smooth, and transitioned nicely and Brian really read the crowd so everyone was dancing! I could not be more pleased and I'm very thankful that my husband and I were refered to use his services.

Sent on 04/29/2016

21st Century Sounds's reply:

Alicia, you & Anthony were so pleasant to work with all the way from our 1st meeting on through to the last dance. And seeing multiple generations of both your families out on the dance floor enjoying our music is the true magic in what we do. Thank you for sharing your appeeciation!

Brian (the owner) was so easy to work with at 21 Century Sound! He was quick to respond to emails, phone calls etc. And always sent us an updated timeline quickly after we spoke. DJ Aaron was WONDERFUL! He checked in with us multiple times during our wedding, let us know where we were at and was always willing to move things around when we were not quite ready for our next "event". He even took pictures and posted them online for us to see! Aaron had EVERYONE on the dance floor of my 190 person wedding- all night! We still had about 50 people dancing at our last song. When we made requests to play certain songs he said no problem give me a song or two to get the genre switched (so we didn't go from 1960's to rap in one song) I would highly recommend 21 Century Sound very professional!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Sue · Married on 10/03/2015

Cannot say enough good things about our experience with Brian Fitzsimmons from 21st Century Sounds. Brian and his assistant, Johnathan were organized, had great equipment but were also so professional and kept the party going. Brian did a great job with reviewing with my daughter and myself to make sure he played all of our favorites. He made great suggestions and everything was perfect.

I am so glad we rented a large dance floor because Brian kept the dance floor jumping all night long. We highly recommend 21st Century sound for your next event. Our friends and family are referring to our daughter's wedding as the best wedding of 2015 and even the best wedding of this decade. Thank you, Brian!!

Sue E.
    Napa, CA

Sent on 10/19/2015

Amy · Married on 08/22/2015

Brian (Owner) and Joey (DJ) are just wonderful! So easy to work with, and very aware of how important the details are. They helped us think of all of the things we didn't know we didn't know, and the wedding went off without a hitch.

They provided a list of the Top 200 requested songs for our convenience, and were more than happy to use our custom list for the reception.

Our guests celebrated and danced until 1:00 am! Joey did a great job at getting the guests' attention for the traditional events (cutting cake, etc.) and we couldn't be happier with our decision to go with 21st Century Sounds.

Go with these guys - you will be glad you did!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Sara · Married on 08/22/2015

The truth is, we were already fairly certain who we wanted our DJ to be when we started looking for our wedding. My mom actually went to high school with Brian and used his DJ company, 21st Century Sounds to play at a surprise birthday party for my dad many years ago. We had a great time then, so we knew they were amazing. What we didn't know was that, since then, he had added several talented people to his team. Arren, the DJ we had for our wedding, was one of those talented people.
    Arren was incredible. He went above and beyond my expectations for a DJ. He didn't just play great songs or put together fun playlists. He was also actively involved in making sure everyone was having a great time. He came by half way through and asked me what I thought about the songs, volume etc to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. I later learned he also checked in with my groom, his parents, my parents and the maid of honor and best man to get more opinions and make changes accordingly. He kept us on time (according to the timeline we created with Brian in a meeting), and having fun throughout the entire reception. A month and a half later we're still having guests rave about him and his ability to keep people on the dance floor!
    When surprises came up, such as one of the groomsmen putting me and my husband up in chairs (Jewish wedding style), he ran with it. When a bridesmaid got overheated and need to leave, he was there (apparently he also works in the ER part time?) to make sure she was ok and send her to get treated accordingly. When things got a little rowdy after we left, he handled it.
    If I could give him ten stars in a review, I absolutely would. He, and 21st Century Sounds, were that good.
    Thanks Arren and Brian!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Jenny · Married on 06/27/2015

If it were possible to give Brian 10 stars we absolutely would!! My husband and I were so pleased with Brian and his amazing job as our wedding DJ, we can't say it enough. From the first time we met with Brian, we instantly appreciated his friendly, professional, and knowledgable demeanor. My husband and I love music, and knew that we needed a DJ who could make our wedding fun and memorable, so as soon as Brian shared his knowledge and ideas for our wedding day, we knew we had found our DJ. The planning process was stress free and fun. Brian always responded promptly to questions, ideas, etc. and while we had many ideas of our own Brian made many great suggestions that we greatly appreciated and utilized.

On the day of the wedding, Brian was not only the best DJ we could have chosen, he essentially became our "point man" and went above and beyond his duties!! He ran the timing of toasts, dinner, special moments, such as bouquet toss, cake cutting etc. Our wedding would not have been the special day it was without Brian. The seamless and professional manner in which he was able to make the evening flow, while leaving nothing for my husband or I to stress about, means the world to us. Brian truly made our wedding the amazing and wonderful celebration we wanted and he did it all with such friendly awesomeness! Brian is the best!!!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Julianne · Married on 06/13/2015

The first contact we had with Brian and 21st Century Sounds was very professional and organized. Brian was perfect for keeping us on track throughout the planning process without being pushy. He came out to visit the site and was very flexible and made us feel at ease with how he would setup and how the flow would work.

On the day of our wedding Brian and Jonathan showed up right on time and with such a fun and kind attitude. We had to do some small troubleshooting with the power (outdoor wedding) but Brian never worried and adapted without hesitation. Our guests all commented on how smooth everything went, the transitions were easy and not rushed and we credit this largely to Brian's work. The music was a perfect mix of older classics and newer upbeat songs with just enough slow dances.

-True professional in every sense of the word.
    -EXCELLENT communication.
    -Customizes the experiences for the couple and what they envision, while steering you away from trouble.
    -Positive energy that rubs off on everyone present.

Thanks Brian and 21st Century Sounds!

Sent on 06/15/2015

John · Married on 05/30/2015

From when we first met Brian at his office we were struck by his vibrant personality and energetic nature. We felt he would be perfect for our reception, so we booked him and it turned out to be a wonderful reception. His intros for the wedding party kept everyone engaged and his song choices during dinner and dancing really set an elegant and fun atmosphere. Along the way he was very responsive via email as we went through song choices. He's a professional, genuine guy that I'd recommend to anyone getting married!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

We met Brian and his team at Elliston Vineyards Bridal Fair. looking around we scheduled an appointment with another DJ, hoping to get a great deal, and we left less than satisfied to say the least. Then we met with Brian... INSTANT SATISFACTION. He was confident in his skills and his team, professional, and knew exactly what he was doing! We opted to pay a little more for Brian's services as we had a great connection with him. He is flexible with money, as weddings are soo expensive, he understands. He made some great recommendations on songs that we didn't have picked out. He was punctual day of, acted as an Emcee when we needed him to be and kept the day flowing nicely. The best part... 80% of my wedding was on the dance floor. ♡ THANK YOU BRIAN FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING UNFORGETTABLE!!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Alex · Married on 03/30/2015

Best DJ ever!!!! From start to finish 21st Century Sounds Custom DJ Entertainment was amazing. When my husband and I first met Brian to go over song choices for our wedding we didn't have very many ideas but Brian was there to help. He listened to what we had to say and then came up with lots of ideas that fit our style. He was even able to get a Czech song that one of my guests had requested. He made a timeline that was easy to look over and follow.

Joey was the DJ at my wedding and he did such a wonderful job. Our guests weren't the energetic party type but Joey was able to get them out there on the dance floor. I was in awe. Our timeline didn't really go according to plan but Joey was able to be very flexible and adjusted as necessary. Both Brian and Joey made our wedding day a hit!

Thank you Brian and Joey!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Allison · Married on 07/10/2010

Brian at 21st Century Sounds was fantastic! His music selection and voice set the perfect mood throughout the reception. He is the ONLY DJ I would reccommend for weddings and other events. He is not only a fabulous DJ but a true joy to work, so happy, cheerful, and helpful. He is very considerate of any special family guest situations you may have and he thinks of everything so there are no loose ends. He works with you far in advance so there are no last minute questions or decisions. Brian is truly the best DJ!

Sent on 07/28/2010

Kristina · Married on 05/28/2016

Brian at 21st Century Sounds (the owner) was so helpful and accommodating with arranging meetings and making helpful suggestions for music for our wedding day. On the actual day we had Bart as our DJ, and he was AWESOME!!!! He came over and asked if he could help with anything at all, including anything we needed not related to music. I thought it was so nice that he wanted to do what he could to make sure everything went perfectly. Everyone danced the whole time, to every song, myself included. We just couldn't stop, the music was too good! We had a couple guests who tend to leave early from weddings and they stayed the whole time and raved about what a great time they had. I really can't say enough good things and Bart and Brian, they really made the night. The DJ is so important at wedding as they don't just play music but also make announcements and keep everything on schedule. I would highly recommend 21st Century Sounds to anyone needing a great DJ!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • User6198969 · 2+ years ago

My wife and I were looking for a well recommended DJ recognized for having a robust offering of music, great personality, good timing and creativity. The decision to work with Brian was not taken lightly. We were looking for presentation, organization, a good listener to our ideas and able to create that perfect presentation for our special day. His pricing is reasonable, his follow-up on questions was prompt, and very creative. On time and very professional. He created a custom version of a song for a father daughter dance by artfully extending a song to get the time duration we needed. Perfect...! We were provided with CD's of the wedding music after. On time and very professional. He is a lot of fun to work with...! He was highly recommended by the other key vendors we worked with in our wedding. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Jeri · Married on 04/23/2010

We chose Brian at 21st Century Sound from Wente Vineyards preferred vendor list which was a great choice. Brian had worked at Wente and with the other preferred Wente vendors before, which made everything come together smoothly. Brian made great (and fun) recommendations for several of the song choices, which made things a little less stressful for us. He was very professional and flexible, especially when we (bride & groom) were off getting sunset pictures taken in the vineyards, and the reception was getting ready to start. Very easy to work with from a distance also. We planned our CA wedding from where we live in NJ, and working out the plans with Brian long distance over email, was not a problem.

Sent on 05/24/2010