2 Clapps DJ Service Reviews

62 | Lee, NH

62 Reviews for 2 Clapps DJ Service

Noah · Married on 09/14/2013

We hired Ben to DJ our wedding after a family member recommended him.

Firstly, Ben was REALLY professional during the planning process. We had 2-3 calls beforehand to discuss both logistics and music preferences. I went into the wedding knowing we didn't have to worry about our DJ ... always a good thing.

The day of the wedding went extremely smoothly. Ben had two separate speakers set-ups (cocktail hour was about 200 feet away from the reception) and this was a last minute request that he fulfilled without hesitation and without us being around to direct him.

My big pet-peeve is music being TOO loud during dinner and Ben played the appropriate volume and appropriate genre (Sinatra, etc.)

The dance floor opened up and everything was perfect. Ben had a really good idea of what music to play and meshed songs together really nicely. He took requests but knew not to stray from the flow of the evening.

At the end of the night we kept Ben for an extra hour or so and he was fine with it. He knew not to end the night abruptly and was flexible enough to see the party through to its end.

Overall: great experience.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Ruth · Married on 07/14/2013

Ben Clapp was an amazing DJ and we were very happy with his work. My husband and I were not exactly timely in our replies to his inquiries, yet he was incredibly patient and flexible. We were also vague in what we wanted since we don't know too much about music, but he was able to throw an excellent party despite our ambiguity. We had an outdoor ceremony and reception and he did the music for both parts with two different setups. He acted as the emcee for the reception and did a great job facilitating the flow of the event. The music he chose got people of all ages on the dance floor and truly engaged them. After our wedding, many guests commented on his professionalism and talent. We would definitely recommend him for your event.

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • Polly

Polly · Married on 06/01/2013

We researched DJ’s for our destination wedding in Maine and realized early on it would be a challenge. We knew we wanted a DJ with familiarity with indie rock, which would serve as the soundtrack to our specific wedding.

We were so fortunate to come across DJ Ben Clapp of 2 Clapps DJ. From the very first e-mail exchange, we knew we were on the right track as Ben was responsive, professional, and just an overall standup person. He understood our needs and assured us he could meet our expectations.

He did basic MC duties typical of a wedding. We sent him examples of our preferred playlist: Postal Service, Ratatat, Hot Chip, etc. He was incredible in deciphering the overall mood of the crowd and talented in mixing. He got the non-dancing side of the family, dancin'!

We were specific about our preferred music but we are confidant that DJ Clapp is the type of person who can seamlessly adapt and work with you in any genre. His rates are reasonable.

We cannot recommend 2 Clapps DJ Services, LLC highly enough - our upmost compliments and gratitude.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Ben came recommended to me by a friend & I could not be more thankful! He was very easy going & easy to work with, listened to exactly everything I needed/was concerned about as far as music selection, & put on a great night! I have been to multiple weddings with tacky DJs who spend way too much time talking & cracking jokes, Ben was very professional & provided a great music selection & made all the announcements I needed. Loved working with him & the price was great!

Sent on 09/15/2012

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/16/2011

Lisa and Ben are the best! Forget the standard (terrible) wedding DJ playlist, or someone who simply sits behind the table and looks like they'd rather be reading a magazine. Lisa and Ben have an awesome energy that really helped keep the party going. They had a great instinct for the types of songs that appealed best to our crowd!

Sent on 02/23/2012

Janine · Married on 11/01/2008

2Clapps DJ made our wedding fun. Ben and Lisa helped us conceptualize what the reception would look like and were very patient with our indecisiveness. They were flexible with a complicated set-up and a request for them to help with our ceremony musician's sound. At the wedding itself, they were remarkable. Guests kept approaching us to ask for the song list. I have never before seen a wedding where guests wanted to get up to dance while they were waiting for their food to come (and didn't want to sit down again when it arrived). Ben was sure to check with us to make sure that this was ok with us and that we didn't want them to slow it down, which was very considerate (everyone was having so much fun, we just kept it going!) I really hadn't thought that our wedding would be one where people were out on the dancefloor nonstop, but thanks to 2Clapps DJ, it was!

Sent on 11/08/2008

Katherine · Married on 07/22/2017

We are so pleased with the experience we had with Ben Clapps. He was incredibly accommodating to us as we planned our wedding from halfway across the world. He was extremely flexible and organised in adapting to the logistics of our venue sight which was outdoors and split across two properties. The music was great and the dance floor filled all night. His services came highly recommended to us and we will certainly be recommending him to others in the future.

Sent on 08/19/2017

lauren · Married on 12/31/2016

Ben DJ'ed our wedding in August at Loon Mountain. He was very responsive and professional throughout the whole process. We worked with Ben on the phone to create a playlist and he was able to make changes on the fly during the reception. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/05/2017

My wedding planner recommended Ben from 2 Clapps DJ Service for our wedding that took place in September and we are SO glad she pointed us to his direction! Long story short... Ben.Was.AWESOME.

Working with Ben was easy and painless. He was responsive to our emails and also efficient by sending music forms to keep the day organized. He worked really well with our planner and everything went smooth day of.

What we were most impressed with was the fact that my two sisters (co-maid of honors) reached out to Ben without us knowing. He worked with them for months to create a mashup-music speech that we still can't stop talking about. It was incredible and something that my sisters could have not done without him. He also showed his incredible DJ skills throughout the night, taking requests and playing both oldies and the new ones for everyone at our wedding. His songs were up-to-date and he made everyone happy!! Oh, and he is also incredibly nice too and really funny and easy going, and he was a HIT with the crowd!

In the end... use DJ Clapps. He is awesome.

Sent on 10/15/2015

We used 2 Clapps DJ Service for our recent wedding. Ben was very helpful and professional from the first time I talked to him to the night of the event. My wedding was in Massachusetts and I live in NJ, and Ben made the planning process very easy by being readily available by phone and email. He was also flexible about meeting in person when I was in the area. His prices are extremely competitive with other DJ's in the area. Ben played most of the songs that we requested but was also able to read the crowd and play the songs that kept everyone on the dance floor. He was also super helpful in making sure that everything happened on time during the reception (cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc). I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Leslie · Married on 08/02/2013

Ben DJ'd for our wedding on August 2, 2013, and was wonderful,he played the music that got everyone up and dancing. My husband and I and our guests had a great time dancing! I only got compliments from our guests about Ben. I would totally recommend his DJ services for any wedding.
    Throughout the entire process Ben was quick to respond and flexible, even up to moments before and during the reception. He was also very helpful in providing information about how the reception would go and helped me to figure out what kind of atmosphere I wanted for my reception as a whole and also for the different parts of the reception.

Sent on 08/23/2013
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I booked Ben after a long search for a DJ, and it was the best decision we made! After several interviews with other DJs that didn't go so well we were apprehensive, and Ben put the two of us at ease. He was amazing to work with throughout the planning process, and was extremely helpful in answering not only my questions but also calming any nerves I had about the ceremony/reception. We had a smaller wedding, and Ben did a great job of facilitating the entire event and making things run smoothly from start to finish. He did a great job of responding to requests from guests and our guests had nothing but positive things to say about him! We both highly recommend Ben to anyone in the New England area as a DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2018