1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan Reviews

71 | Saint Joseph, MI

71 Reviews for 1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan

John · Married on 08/15/2015

Danielle @ 1928 was very professional and easy to work with. She was very accommodating and organized through out the entire process. One thing I would have liked provided prior to the wedding was example invoices from previous clients at the same event to have a better idea of final costs prior to signing on.

Sent on 08/27/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you for your review John! We truly enjoyed planning you and Katie's big day! I believe you are referring to the venue/management company (White Space Events) when speaking about invoicing, as 1928 gives all information on pricing at the time of booking. Regardless, we have passed along this information to our partners at White Space Events and appreciate your feedback!

Colleen · Married on 08/07/2015

Day of coordination was hands down totally worth it! It was a great feeling to know all my hard work in planning details was in good hands with Danielle and her team. As a bride you don't realize all the small that comes together in the last few weeks, I tried by best to translate the plan before hand but 1928 delivered without even some of the details translated. It's been fun to see the small stuff show up in pics. So happy with my overall experience!

Sent on 08/29/2015

1928 planning Co was absolutely amazing we felt like we had nothing to worry about with our ceremony they handled everything it was just perfect, they took what we wanted and made it happen ! They make sure you truly are happy with everything there were so many little things that we weren't sure who was going to take care of them until we told 1928 and they took it all over and did such a wonderful job. I love that there is someone always there to not only walk us through but our guest as well they loved 1928 and so did we!

Sent on 08/16/2015

meghan · Married on 07/25/2015

I recently got married at the 12 corners vineyard in Benton Harbor. 1928 was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. I live in Chicago and was unfamiliar with vendors in the area and Hannah was quick to offer advice and suggestions. Hannah also met with myself and my in-laws to discuss all of the day of details, helped us create our venue layout with tables, and made sure we weren't forgetting any important details in the planning process. 1928 provided basic planning services for me as well as ceremony coordination and reception clean-up. Both of those services we were well worth the money! Chelsea did an amazing job coordinating our ceremony as well as our reception. She was on top of the little details and made sure things were running smoothly all night. We took advantage of the rentals available from 1928 and I would recommend the lounge furniture, the wine barrels and the Napa tables. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful the tables were! Everything about our experience with 1928 was wonderful I would definitely recommend their services to anyone getting married in Southwest Michigan.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Brooke · Married on 06/26/2015

The level of professionalism and the support given throughout the entire wedding process was more than I could have ever asked for in our wedding! The ceremony and reception turned out absolutely perfect and it looked beautiful and matched our vision exactly. The 1928 staff that worked our wedding were so on top of it, able to answer questions, were friendly with guests, and displayed the highest level of professionalism. Their vision and creativity made the venue stunning and they made the entire planning process go so smoothly. 1928 helped us have a perfect wedding day and we couldn't have chosen a better venue or a better company to work with to tie the knot!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Maegan · Married on 06/26/2015

We spoke with a few different girls during the planning process and they were all wonderful. Mostly, we worked with Hannah and we cannot say enough good things about her! We started with the base coordinating package by booking the reception venue, and continued to add on little planning packages here and there. It was absolutely worth it! Hannah promptly responded to texts, emails, and phone calls. We lived 4 hours away and had minimal time when we were in town and she'd meet with us at the drop of a hat! She was so helpful with suggestions and the planning process. It was so great not to worry about a single thing the day of the wedding. I knew they had it all handled and it all turned out EXACTLY as I hoped. 1928 is a wonderful team and provide top notch services! Highly recommended :)

Sent on 07/15/2015

Amy · Married on 06/12/2015

We worked with Hannah and Danielle to get ready for our wedding reception. She responded quickly and answered any and all questions I had about the planning process. They also send out lists every few months of what you should be working on which was so helpful and kept me on track. The day of planners from 1928 did an excellent job setting up our decorations just how we wanted them and they were helpful and easy to work with throughout the night!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Hannah as part of our wedding package through our reception venue. The service she provided was outstanding in terms of responding to emails, answering questions, set up and tear down, coordinating vendors, etc. I would highly recommend using 1928 Planning Co. - it is a huge stress relief to have someone doing that work for us!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/23/2015

I always hear of the women who spent their whole childhood imagining their dream wedding. I am not one of those women. I needed help and having Danielle as a planner was truly a blessing. We selected the "Day of Coordination" package and it was the best money we spent. The rehearsal, the flowers, the decorations, the signage and the ceremony all seemed so overwhelming until we started working with Danielle and 1928 Planning. She was very accommodating and the answer to almost everything was "yes". I met with her 2 weeks before the wedding, gave a semi detailed run down on my visions for the flowers and decorations and the day of everything looked perfect. You really can just drop off boxes of decorations and flowers and they will make them look amazing. Besides her professionalism and creativity her biggest strength was her ability to corral and control out very large and equally unruly family and wedding party during the rehearsal and ceremony while still keeping everyone cheerful and the mood celebratory. The post ceremony clean up was also really amazing. We left that night with no worries and came back the next evening to everything packed up nicely and stored safely in the office. Danielle was wonderful and we are incredibly grateful to have worked with such a gifted wedding planner!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Caroline · Married on 07/02/2017

We loved working with 1928! They were always there to answer questions, sometimes it did take a few days to respond over the weekends, but I'm glad they gave the weekend weddings their full attention! Everything turned out exactly as I pictured in my head! All around wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Alex · Married on 10/07/2016

My wife and I hired Danielle as the Day-Of Coordinator for our wedding and we could not have made a better choice! She was responsive via email, proactive in seeking out input to stay on schedule, and most importantly: patient with our many changes, delays, and occasional oversights. Danielle's attention to detail is impressive and all the logistics of our big day came off without a hitch. Lastly, she was always upbeat and positive, something we really appreciated when we were stressing during those final weeks before the wedding. Thanks so much Danielle!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/02/2016

I can't imagine the planning process without Danielle. She was incredibly accommodating, responsive and helpful. She was proactive in keeping us on task and provided helpful documentation. She worked with my mother (woot woot!) to coordinate a fantastic event day of. Neither my husband nor I noticed any glitch in the execution of our plan. Day of, we felt extremely confident that Danielle had everything under control. We cannot speak more highly of her!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Ranae · Married on 07/04/2015

Danielle provided timely and thorough answers to all of my many questions throughout the planning process. I only used the basic planning package that came with the venue, but I have no doubt the 1928 planning packages would be worth the money. Though Danielle was not at our event, the two staff that were there were also great and everything we had arranged went off smoothly and without issue. The fact that everything with the venue was handled by the 1928 team (linens, rentals, etc.) made the whole process much more seamless than I expected, and it was great!

Sent on 07/15/2015
  • Jackie

Jackie Panayotov · Married on 08/17/2019

Peace of mind

Stephanie was phenomenal!
    She made sure our rehearsal and day of went without a hiccup! Having a day of coordinator was amazing and gave me total peace of mind knowing that the little details and timing would be handled by someone who knows what they’re doing! Stephanie was very friendly, timely, and gave me the chance to enjoy my wedding! 1928 was very thorough and had great communication skills. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/06/2019

Friendly and Professional Staff

Danielle was super helpful during the planning process. She was very professional and prepared which made the experience less stressful. Her staff was friendly and worked hard to make sure the day ran smoothly.

Sent on 07/20/2019

1928 Planning Company helped tremendously during the wedding planning process. It was great to also have everything taken care of the day of the wedding so we did not have to worry about the extra stress of getting decorations around.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Allyson · Married on 08/04/2018

I truly enjoyed working with Danielle! She was very responsive, accommodating and patient with me. I was an out of town bride, so I needed a local eye, ear and opinion to help me along the way. Danielle knocked it out of the park! The Day Of coordinator was very nice, organized and accommodating. The only constructive criticism I will give, is that she was a bit less assertive than I would have liked. As you know wedding days are hectic to say the least, and I just needed her to be a bit more demanding of people and timing. All that said, overall I truly believe that it was money well spent. Thank you for all your hard work!

Sent on 10/09/2018

4.2
      3.5

Their services were included as part of our package at the vineyard. Great to work with, always professional and responsive. Made the process very easy. I thought $400 was a little steep for decor cleanup, but I thought most of their rental items otherwise were reasonably priced.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Amina · Married on 08/29/2015

3.8
      3.0

1928 Planning was very easy to work with. Hannah Bunch was extremely helpful, and responsive whenever I needed her. Some of the services were a little expensive, and we felt should have been included in our overall price (i.e. Ceremony cueing, rehearsal, cleanup at the end of the wedding). Also I felt that things could have been a bit more streamlined with the vendors. Overall however, those are my only complaints. I absolutely loved our wedding, and would do it there again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/10/2017

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

It was great to have 1928's help, but some things that we were charged for I felt like needn't require a charge.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

3.4
      2.5
      2.5

I thought having a day of coordinator would make my life less stressful, not more stressful. We were asked to fill out pages and pages of questions, many of which were irrelevant to our event. When asking for advice from our coordinator on certain questions we were told "it doesn't really matter, it's up to you". Many of the questions pertained to our vendors and we felt as if we were the middle man. Instead of the coordinator contacting the vendors directly, she would contact us, we would contact the vendor, the vendor would contact us, and we would contact the coordinator. We felt as if the coordinator should be in touch with our vendors, rather than putting us in the middle and creating more room for confusion. Our coordinator was also not very flexible. We were told when signing the contract that we were allowed unlimited meetings with our coordinator. We lived out of state and every time we tried to set up a meeting with our coordinator, she was too busy. We were very frustrated by the end! It was really nice to have someone present on the day of to set up and take down all of our DIY decor. It was also nice to know that someone else was there to make sure things went smoothly. The day after our wedding we were upset to find all of our DIY decor thrown in boxes and not wrapped or protected the way we had provided it.

Sent on 05/05/2017