1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan Reviews

71 | Saint Joseph, MI

71 Reviews for 1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

We contracted with Danielle and 1928 Planning Co. for partial planning services at Journeyman Distillery and we could not have been more happy with our experience in working with Danielle. She is phenomenal to work with and we absolutely love her! We had just over a year to work together and her extreme organization and professionalism kept my fiancee and I on task and organized with all of the things that we needed to do for the wedding. I had purchased all of the books and wedding guides however I didn't need them because Danielle had everything for me and it all worked out perfectly! I could not have done it without her. She has great relationships with the local vendors and together they create masterpieces for weddings. She has a great eye and I love the design and the work that she brings together. She truly puts the bride and groom first and she puts a lot of time and effort into every single detail for the wedding. As we were planning, I was confident that nothing would be missed! I would highly recommend Danielle and her team for any wedding out there - she is amazing!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Janet · Married on 06/16/2018

We worked with Danielle and the 1928 team for partial planning services. We feel this was the best money we spent on any vendor for the wedding! Danielle was extremely helpful in every aspect of the planning, from giving customized timelines and checklists, vendor recommendations in our budget to any wedding related advice, we were constantly saying to each other "Thank goodness for Danielle!" I could never imagine planning a wedding without this team. The wedding planning process was enjoyable and by the week of the wedding (if not a couple of weeks earlier) we were stress-free and able to completely enjoy our wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Cara · Married on 06/09/2018

Danielle is amazing!! We couldn't be happier with her services as our wedding coordinator last month. She is friendly, thorough, and attentive - she made sure everything came together to bring our wedding day vision to life, and she kept the day running smoothly without any hiccups. We highly recommend Danielle and 1928 Planning Co!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Kara · Married on 05/26/2018

All of the ladies at 1928 we’re so helpful leading up to the day of our wedding responding to emails, meeting in person, adjusting our reception layout several times when the RSVP’s were rolling in. The day of the wedding they were so helpful keeping people organized and just dealing with things as they arose without speaking a word of it to me as the bride, my wedding cake was even left 30 min away at our rental property and someone from 1928 went all that way and back to retrieve it. That is above and beyond service, I can’t speak enough to how great everyone was! I would definitely recommend using them!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

1928 was the absolute BEST decision we made for our wedding! It was so nice to be able to drop off everything the morning of the wedding and not have to lift a finger to set anything up! The cleanup was painless too and they made sure our families could enjoy themselves all night and not have to work to take care of anything. Danielle and her team made it look even better than I could have ever imagined and made the day go by so smoothly. I can't thank everyone enough!!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Arielle · Married on 04/14/2018

It was a pleasure working with Danielle. We hired 1928 for day of coordination and couldn't be happier we did! Not only did it make my life easier on the big day, it also helped keep me organized in the lead up to the day. She covered and thought of all the things and issues I would never have thought to think about. I highly recommend using 1928 whether it is for day of coordination or full service planning!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

I had such an amazing time planning with Hannah and Danielle, They were super professional, and prompt with answering all of my questions. They did such an amazing job the day of my wedding, Love these girls!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

I would recommend 1928 Planning over and over and OVER again. We got to work with Hannah, who literally made our wedding experience the best ever. Looking back, I could not imagine planning and having a wedding without her. She responded timely to every email and met with me every time I was in town from Arizona, no problem. Hannah always made me feel like I was the only wedding she was planning and the only wedding on her mind (even though I knew she had so many on her plate). I was concerned with how everything was going to come together, with all of the little details we had planned, and Hannah put everything together just how we wanted, no questions asked. She also ran our rehearsal which we are so thankful for or else it would have been chaos. I really cannot say enough good things. You can't put a price on peace of mind before and on your wedding day, 1928 is WORTH IT!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Raechel · Married on 08/26/2017

We hired 1928 Planning Co. for day-of coordination, and it was honestly the best money we spent! I am super organized, but Danielle’s organization and professionalism put my mind at ease the months leading up to to the wedding, and definitely on the day-of. We had a meeting with Danielle about two months before the wedding to go over logistics, and she had a whole document put together that I filled out with vendor, timeline, and decor information. This helped me make sure my ducks were all in a row, so when it was time for her to take over, I could just enjoy the day! She allowed not only me, but also my family, to not have to worry about set-up or clean-up and to just soak in all the moments together. The decor she set up was even better than I imagined it would be, and she made sure we were on time and knew what we were doing. I have nothing but good things to say, and recommend if you are thinking about hiring a day-of coordinator, DO IT! Especially if you hire 1928, they are worth every penny!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Katy · Married on 08/19/2017

Danielle is perfection. We planned our wedding from out of state, and everything ran smoothly. On the day of, Danielle was very calm, organized and professional. Everything went perfectly, and I honestly couldn't have done a better job myself. 1928 is worth EVERY penny!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Shelby · Married on 08/05/2017

Hannah was absolutely AMAZING! ever since my husband and I got engaged a year ago and booked 12 corners vineyards the 1928 team was constantly in communication and guided us through the whole process. I'd highly recommend 1928 to plan your wedding and ask for Hannah bunch! She truly knows how to plan the perfect wedding. Quick responses to emails and they give you steps you should be doing every month or so. BOOK THEM!! we had an absolutely perfect experience on our wedding day because of their hard work.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Audrey · Married on 04/28/2017

Danielle and her team were great to work with. I was working with a short time line when I found her and she was able to jump in and help me with some of the planning. They made the day of smooth and easy. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with 1928 was soooo AMAZING! Danielle was my point person through all the planning leading up to the big day. She helped keep me on track and organized. The whole 1928 team made the day run so great and smooth. :-)

Sent on 10/23/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2016

DO IT!!! Having someone there throughout the day with answers to every question that turns up was the biggest help I could've asked for. We were constantly busy having a good time, seeing people we haven't seen in years and bouncing around from place to place, that we had no time to think about the flow of the entire wedding. Like when we should cut the cake or how to be announced, or who was going to be the point of contact for all of the vendors.
    Danielle had every answer. She was direct and got everything laid out in order. She would come up and remind us to move on to the next part of the night or have all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen in order.
    Seriously the wedding would've been a disaster without her and her intern. We were so so so impressed and thankful for them.
    1928 is hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. I would recommend them to anyone. Especially those who are a bit obsessive like me.

Sent on 10/17/2016

April · Married on 09/24/2016

Do not plan a wedding in Southwest Michigan without using 1928 Planning. Danielle and her team were extremely professional and organized. Throwing a barn wedding at a venue that just opened required a lot of coordination and she gave me such piece of mind throughout the entire process. Her attention to detail is amazing. She thought of things I would've never thought of that ensured flawless execution. Best money I spent on my wedding by far!!!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Hayley · Married on 06/11/2016

The people are pros! They make you feel so calm and take care of every little detail. They are so organized and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 06/18/2016

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you so much Hayley! Your Midsummer Night's Dream wedding was one of our favorites this year!

Molly · Married on 05/21/2016

Hannah was wonderful to work with! Our wedding was perfect in every way- we had minor hiccups with other vendors, but everything was taken care of flawlessly. Whatever may have happened throughout the night, I did know about, nor did I need to. It was a very enjoyable experience and would recommend to anyone looking for help on their wedding day!

Sent on 05/27/2016

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words Molly! Working with you and Ken was a breath of fresh air; you were so easy going, yet detail oriented! A planner's dream :)

Carrie · Married on 05/21/2016

We used 1928's full wedding planning services and it was worth every penny. Throughout the planning process, I had gazillions of questions for Danielle and she answered all of my emails quickly and maintained her professionalism at all times. She was always ready to jump on the phone as well. Everyone says something goes wrong on your wedding day and I can honestly say that nothing did on mine because of Danielle and 1928. Exceptional services - highly recommended!

Sent on 06/16/2016

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Carrie! We loved getting to know you and help pull off your gorgeous wedding! Our goal is to pull the day off without our clients knowing about any hiccups that come up - so glad you felt that was accomplished through our services!

Rose · Married on 03/12/2016

I don't think I could have pulled off my dream wedding without 1928 Planning Co.!! Danielle provided the wedding planning, decor/design of my wedding ceremony and reception, and the day-of wedding coordination. Let me tell you, planning from out of state (California) was not easy (and to only have 2.5 months to pull it off!) but that didn't phase Danielle at all, and most importantly she put my mind at ease and I knew from the first phone call that I was in great hands. Her attention to detail and organization skills are top-notch. I can be very indecisive and at times was overwhelmed during the whole process. What I love most about Danielle was her patience and calm demeanor (I've interviewed several wedding planners before 1928 Planning Co and Danielle was the best)!! Professional and very responsive, I appreciated that I could always count on Danielle (even for the minor of things). Most of the vendors I worked with knew Danielle and they all loved her! She was great at our wedding rehearsal and made sure we were all set for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Danielle and her staff worked very hard to make sure our wedding ceremony and reception were perfect! I promise you will be very happy with the services 1928 Planning Co. provides!

Sent on 03/20/2016

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Your kind words are so appreciated Rose! Working with you was such a pleasure and we loved getting to be a part of your big day! It was beautiful!

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

I'm currently working with 1928 Planning Co for my October wedding. They have been wonderful so far and very attentive. I'm planning my wedding 5 hours away and they are very helpful. They offer so many services including packages and ala carte options. I'm looking forward to the rest of the process!

Sent on 03/12/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you for your review!

Hannah · Married on 09/12/2015

I am so glad I went with 1928 Planning company for my beach ceremony. Hannah and Danielle were both very easy to work with and quick to answer any questions. I knew I didn't have to worry at all about my ceremony.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Rachael · Married on 09/05/2015

We had SUCH an amazing experience with 1928 Planning Company. As soon as we picked the venue 1928 was quick and proactive to reach out to us. We primarily received updates from Danielle, who sent us a lot of useful information in regards to next steps, rental information, deadlines and a step by step email of where we should be in the planning process each month. This communication was beyond helpful, especially because I am not familiar with how the wedding process works. I really began to utilize 1928 about 6 months leading up to the wedding as I began to sort out details with each vendor. Danielle was very quick and thorough in each response to me---so many times I felt annoying for reaching out so much but she completely makes you feel comfortable and she is always wanting to help to ensure you have everything you need. Danielle truly is a professional and an expertise in this area.

As the wedding got closer I had a meeting with Danielle to sort out all the details. I must say, 1928 really has every detail nailed down. For only doing weddings in our specific venue for a few years now, they have every possible situation and detail netted out. I never once felt like they were going to drop the ball and I knew that they would make everything perfect. I also want to rave about their rental collection--they have so many amazing pieces and each really contribute to the venue. It was so nice to be able to rent, as a lot of times you buy this stuff and don't know what to do with it afterwards.

During our wedding weekend, I was lucky enough to see the venue set up prior to the ceremony and WOW, it was truly amazing and spot-on to what I envisioned. They had everything ready hours before the ceremony and it was perfect. I have nothing but great things to say about 1928--they truly are a leader in this industry and they are perfectionists. I have told my husband many times that if we ever move to MI I would want to work for them! <3 them!

Sent on 11/03/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you so much for your detailed review Rachael! It was a pleasure working with you throughout all of planning! We still cherish all of the photos from your big day and we're floored at the gorgeousness of every aspect of the wedding! You and Brian are such a beautiful couple and we loved being a part of your big day - thank YOU!

Lainey · Married on 08/22/2015

Hannah and the whole 1928 Planning Team were awesome! They helped me fumble through the unknowns of wedding planning and were patient as my family members who were helping me fumbled through the planning as well. They TRULY were committed to answering my questions and making sure that I felt at ease with the planning and then TRULY helped make my day run smoothly. I highly recommend their services and felt lucky to have their help throughout my planning process!

Sent on 10/22/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you for your review Lainey! It was so nice getting to know you throughout the wedding planning process!

Natalie · Married on 08/16/2015

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. Danielle was the answer to my prayers! This was a destination wedding for us, so having someone who was knowledgeable about vendors and locations in the St. Joseph/Benton Harbor area was a huge help. But the biggest help was the day before the wedding when I handed all of our decorations over to her and all of my stress just washed away. I knew they were in good hands, and they decorated our ceremony and reception venues beautifully. Knowing that was taken care of and that our family and friends could just sit back and relax was money well spent. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/25/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

We are so glad 1928 was the answer to your prayers! Thank you for your review Natalie!

Our wedding went perfectly, I could not have asked for a better day. 1928 made it a painless planning experience and my wedding day was stress free. Planning from the Detroit area I thought would be a difficult tasks but all went smoothly over email and phone calls with just a few visits to St. Joseph prior to the big day. Every guest at my wedding thought the location was beautiful and they were blown away by how well everything was organized. I would recommend to any and every person looking to get married in Michigan.

Sent on 08/21/2015

1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan's reply:

Thank you for your review!