83 Reviews for 1812 Hitching Post

User Photos
+27
Photos
All Inclusive Packages (4)
Buffet (4)
Accommodations (1)
Outside Vendors (1)
Cocktail Reception (1)
83 1812 Hitching Post Reviews

I can not say enough about how wonderful the whole experience at the hitching post was from start to finish for my groom and I. I am a busy nurse and had little time for details. Wendy made it so simple. I sent her a few pics of what I had in mind and from that she was able to produce our dream wedding! I didn't worry about a thing!!! She took care of the catering, the decorations, the photos, the DJ, this was 100 percent all inclusive as they advertise. All of our guests are still commenting on how it was one of the most beautiful settings and wedding they had ever attended. The entire day was stress free and magical for us!! We are forever grateful to them for the service. Not to mention I know people who have paid double what we did for weddings at similar venues and didnt have half the wedding we were able to have. It was worth every penny and we are beyond satisfied with our wedding experience.

Profile Picture angela, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: All Inclusive Packages

Wendy was absolutely amazing! We booked our wedding two years prior and she was helpful through the entire process. Having our wedding at the 1812 Hitching post was our dream come true. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It started raining during our ceremony and Wendy and her staff made sure everyone had an umbrella to continue the ceremony. The day was magical. The staff was helpful, courteous, and fun! The DJ played all of our favorite songs and made accommodations for some bridal party surprises. You would not be making a mistake having your wedding here. The food was delicious. Our friends and family haven’t stopped talking about it!!! Wendy you are amazing and We appreciate you so much!

Profile Picture Brandon, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding at 1812 Hitching Post was a dream, and everything we wanted for the occasion. The house and landscape make for a stunning backdrop, and the photography is exceptionally good. The photography not only captures our most beautiful, delicate moments of our wedding, but it also told the story of the day from the bride getting ready, to the groom and his family anticipating the ceremony, to each ring exchange, congratulatory hugs and handshakes, and then our first photographs as newlyweds. Wendy is warm and organized and made sure each aspect of the day and the ceremony flowed smoothly. We are happy to now be married, and couldn't have asked for a better day.

Profile Picture Hunna, 5/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can say that Wendy and her team are AWESOME! We could have not had a better experience. The food was delicious and Wendy has a true eye for beautiful decorations. She delivered whatever we asked for. Many of our guests said it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to.

Profile Picture Jodie, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If I could rate higher, I would. My husband and I were married here almost a month ago now. Wendy and I planned my wedding over the timeframe of about 1 year. Let me stop right here and say SHE IS INCREDIBLE. From the beginning, everything was on the table. Wendy never left me feeling in the dark or confused about what was offered. She and her team supply and offer SO much. Throughout the year of planning she was very easy to get a hold of if needed. She always responded within about an hour! I cannot say enough good things about 1812 Hitching Post, and I seriously suggest you to make an appointment to check out the property and meet with Wendy.
The Big Day was MAGIC!! The only thing I would change is that I wish it didn't end! Everything was beyond perfect (and I am a little bit of a control freak). Wendy and her team took the reigns and way over delivered. We had about 100 people, and every single person keeps telling us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun the reception was. It was so well organized, nothing went wrong at all. The music was fantastic, timing was on-point. Food was great! Cake was GORGEOUS AND DELICIOUS! I cannot even explain how perfect everything was.
If you have a tiny inkling to consider 1812 for your wedding, GET IT BOOKED!!! You won't regret it. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. These guys know what they're doing, and do it with grace. I had zero worries and I feel like I owe that all to Wendy.
THANK YOU THANK YOU 1812 HP!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Uncovered Outdoor

Wendy was amazing! The day was absolutely perfect. Wendy allowed me to email her sometimes up to 10 times a day. We would text each other and she let me communicate to her my vision. I cannot say enough about the venue, and Wendy. We were married at 1812 Hitching Post on April 14, 2018 and people are still coming up to my parents and telling them how pretty everything looked and how wonderful the day was. I will never forget how warm and open she was from our first meeting and I will always be eternally grateful for having her in my life to make my wedding day the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/14/18, 1 Review
4.2

The 1812 Hitching Post is absolutely beautiful. The house is a bright yellow plantation house that was built in 1812 and has an undeniable historic charm. The grounds are stunning and their is plenty of vegetation to add the perfect touch to any outdoor wedding. My wedding was supposed to take place outdoors. Unfortunately, North Carolina's weather is unpredictable and it snowed the first weekend of Spring and only got up to 36 degrees the Sunday of my wedding, so the ceremony had to be moved indoors under the tent and the tent had to be closed in for both the ceremony and the reception. I know this was out of anyone's control and I appreciate Wendy and her staff for shoveling the ice and snow off of the tent and the surrounding area to accomodate.
Now, I can say a lot of really good things about this venue, especially leading up to the wedding itself. Wendy was incredibly helpful, she communicated with me frequently, and was great at easing my mind, listening to my thoughts and concerns, and helping me make decisions. Since the 1812 Hitching Post is an all-inclusive venue they were responsible for almost every aspect of my wedding.
My issues with the venue stemmed from this. I think this was more of the staff than Wendy, but I specifically provided instructions on how the memorial table and assigned seats for the ceremony were supposed to be set up. Unfortunately, to me, it seemed as though my provided instructions were completely ignored and the memorial table was all wrong, which really upset me, considering it was so important to me to have our dead family members memorialized. The photos were out of order, there was a random empty bucket on the table, it was shoved in a corner (along with my favors which none of my guests even saw) and the water with a floating candle for my vase was never brought out. And our families were flip-flopped so my parents & grandparents were seated on the grooms side and vice versa.
Photography was great.

Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - This is how it was done at the venue.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - This was the mock-up I sent for the memorial table.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - My favors were placed in a corner behind a table.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - They made cupcakes & cake (see icing) & topper crooked.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - Another view of icing.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - My perfect husband, thankful Wendy got this shot!
Photos
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - My absolute FAVORITE! Wendy did an amazing photography job.
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - The food tasted AMAZING!
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - I felt so beautiful, and Wendy truly captured that!
Photo for 1812 Hitching Post Review - The food tasted AMAZING!
Profile Picture Madison, 3/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Linens, Buffet, Dessert, Stations, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Wendy was a breeze to work with. We were from out of town, and she made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. She was extremely responsive to emails, and made sure everything was taken care of the day of the wedding.

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We selected the Hitching Post for my daughters wedding, I can't say enough about Wendy and her staff at The Hitching Post. After lots of research, we fell in love with them because of the beauty of the venue and the flexibility initially! I texted Wendy quite frequently about various issues and not only was she prompt to respond, she offered her experienced opinion and always kept the focus on my daughters wishes! The day of the wedding, everything was spot on, including the weather! The cake, food, decor was perfect and exactly what we envisioned! It was totally stressfree and we got to enjoy the wedding! Priceless! Their attention to detail was second to none!!!

Profile Picture Terri, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Everything was perfect for what we were looking for. Very comfortable and a beautiful area to get ready!!!Loved it

Profile Picture Candace , 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The 1812 hitching post was wonderful! They made my day so stress free for me and it was everything I hoped it would be. Beautiful and so much fun!

Profile Picture Madeleine, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1812 Hitching Post made sure that our wedding was everything we wanted. Wendy made the entire process as easy as possible (wedding planning isn't easy). She was kind, helpful, and accommodating even when I changed my mind. She's always working a few weddings at a time, yet I was always made to feel like our wedding was priority and she did not skip a beat in picking up where we last left off. Our wedding day was like it came out of a magazine. Everything was so much more beautiful than I could have imagined. The photographer, Connie, captured beautiful moments and I've only seen the sneak peak so far. The dj played all the songs we asked for and seemed to be able to take it on his own where we didn't fill in, with music just our taste. The food was Delicious, my husband and I ate more then most couples do on their weddding day. We were all so happy with Wendy and her staff. Everybody at the wedding only had good things to say about the venue. Thank you Wendy for making our wedding day so special and memorable. Words can't describe how happy I was that day.

Profile Picture Andreea , 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wendy and her team were extremely organized and treated Jamie and I like we were their only clients throughout the entire wedding process. Wendy was very flexible with any and all ideas I had and changes we made to the contract. I felt like I hardly had to lift a finger the entire planning process or the day of! Wendy's checklist made things extremely easy to communicate my desires for decor and she decorated and planned around my themes. The planning seemed effortless and that was exactly what I wanted...I didn't want to have to make a million decisions and find a million vendors...they did it all! The day of went perfectly! She had everything ready and beautifully decorated to with my ideas and suggestions in place. She was like a quiet ninja in the background organizing everyone and everything. We truly felt like she wasn't just our wedding planner, but she was part of the family. Her attentiveness to our wants and needs was truly appreciated. My only advice...if you are like me and love to dance, I totally suggest investing in some extra hours. I would have liked the party to continue with more dancing, but overall I was extremely happy with our decision to use the HP!

Profile Picture Tammy, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We decided to elope a day and a half prior to our wedding! The 1812 Hitching Post was close and lovely! The owners were very flexible and accommodating as well! This was a perfect venue for us and a wonderful value as well for any couple who want something more without any stress!

Profile Picture Michele, 12/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1812 Hitching Post is an absolutely beautiful venue and the perfect place to have a wedding. Wendy is very easy to work with and really knowledgeable about everything that needs to happen for a flawless wedding! We were looking for an affordable place to have a small (less than 20 people) wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our outcome at 1812 Hitching Post.

Profile Picture Laurin, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most beautiful wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post. The dreaded planning process was stress free with Wendy by my side. I will recommend them over and over again.

Profile Picture Dana, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

So glad I chose to have my wedding here! Everything went perfect and the location is beautiful! The service was great and everything was decorated exactly how I wanted. Perfect place with the perfect price!

Profile Picture User6770603, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough great things about the 1812 Hitching Post! We just got married in October and our day was perfect. I know every couple probably thinks their wedding day is perfect but ours was truly the best. Wendy and her staff went above and beyond our expectations. We live about four hours away from the venue and only visited twice before the wedding, so our correspondence was mainly through email. Wendy quickly responded and was attentive; thoroughly answering every question, concern, and thought. We really just gave her a basic idea of what we wanted and she took it and ran. On our wedding day, I was blown away at how beautiful it was. It was amazing to see how our day come to life. And most importantly, Wendy and her staff kept the wedding running on time, they were kind to us and our families, were respectful, and fun. So, so, fun. We even stayed in the cottage attached to the venue for the wedding night. It was a perfect end to our perfect day.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wendy was so easy to work with. She was always quick to answer questions and was extremely helpful, even when I sprang last minute changes on her (oops). The Hitching Post is a gorgeous venue. I was going to have my wedding outside on the side lawn, but it was rainy and cool that day, so it was under the tent instead, which had ample room for everything. Even though I was upset with the weather, the staff decorated everything so beautifully that it ended up not mattering a bit about the weather. My wedding could not have been more perfect. The reception was so much fun and the staff was very discreet about cleaning up plates after people finished eating. Their DJ did a great job with the music and pacing the events. The food was delicious and the ice cream bar was a wonderful addition! My cake turned out exactly like I wanted. My photos are amazing. Their photographer is so easy to work with and such a sweet girl. I can't recommend The Hitching Post enough. If you haven't checked into it, do it! You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Flatware, Linens, Buffet, Dessert, Covered Outdoor, Parking

Wendy and the staff at the Hitching Post are amazing! They make everything stress free. They include everything with your contact except alcohol which makes planning so much easier. Wendy was always responsive and willing to help! My wedding was perfect and I would reccomend the Hitching Post to any and bride!!

Profile Picture Casey , 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

You guys helped make our day absolutely perfect and we so appreciate it! The photos are just great!!

Profile Picture User5536295, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Love love love Wendy and her staff. It was so easy and gorgeous!!

Profile Picture Leslie, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved everything about my wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post! Wendy was a professional and helpful coordinator, from the beginning of the planning process to the end of the celebration. The food was delicious, the venue was decorated beautifully, the DJ enhanced an amazing reception, and the photography captured all the highlights of the festivities. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Wendy and her team at the 1812 Hitching Post are talented professionals who helped us design and carry out the perfect wedding. My husband and I fell in love with the beauty of the location the first time we visited and it provided a vivid backdrop to our celebration. Wendy was an amazing partner in the planning process, even though I was doing much of the planning from a distance. Her passion for her work was evident in everything she did to prepare for the wedding day and she handled it with absolute calm and aplomb, ensuring that I considered all the little details I would otherwise have overlooked. The result was the simply elegant wedding we had envisioned from the start. Reverend Waldron officiated a poignant ceremony, Taylor took beautiful photos by running all over the place, and the food was delicious and worked around all our allergy needs. Wendy and her team made the planning and implementation easy so that my husband and I could fully enjoy the day. Thank you, 1812 Hitching Post, for helping us celebrate our love!

Profile Picture Tierney, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Where to begin!?!?!? There is so much that I can say, but who likes to sit and read a really long review...if we're being honest? I'll keep it short and sweet:

Wendy, Mr. Waldron and their crew provided me and my now husband with a stunning and intimate wedding. Wendy was always available to chat, email, text and was very flexible and responsive to my ideas and questions. For example, I brought a large amount of silk flowers that I had originally purchased for decorating our church, which was our original venue choice. I didn't want them to go to waste, so I asked if I could just bring them and let them do their magic. Boy did they ever! I saw them in the arbor, on the aisle decorations, on the reception tables. It was amazing what they did in a few shorts hours.

I was an out of state bride, so Wendy's willingness to let me have items shipped directly to the venue was such a life saver. Additionally, the food was very tasty, although a little sparse in portions available. The DJ stuck to the lengthy list that I provided and the photographer was very amicable and made us feel at ease.

The 1812 Hitching post is a beautiful, relaxing and memorable place to get married. Thank you the the Waldrons and their staff for giving us an amazing day.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/17/14, 2 Reviews