1812 Hitching Post Reviews

86 Reviews for 1812 Hitching Post

86 1812 Hitching Post Reviews

Chelsea Glacken · Married on 10/13/2018

We had a perfect wedding at 1812 Hitching Post

Getting married at 1812 Hitching Post was by far the best decision my husband and I made! Wendy was the absolute best to work with and we couldn’t be more proud of how our day turned out! I originally wanted to hire a wedding planner because I had no idea what I was doing but Wendy helped way more than I could have ever imagined!!! She did so much to make sure our day was beautiful and really helped alleviate a lot of stress off of us! And aside from Wendy, the venue is absolutely gorgeous!! You’d be crazy not to pick this place! (:

Loryn · Married on 09/15/2018

I can not say enough about how much we loved having our wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post. From the very first contact inquiry when searching for a venue, until after the wedding, Wendy has gone above and beyond in making sure our wedding exceeded our expectations. She went above and beyond in the communication/planning, attention to detail, sincerity and care, and I could continue. I had many specific needs and requests and she worked tirelessly to make my dreams come true! We had to even battle a hurricane in the middle of our wedding and it was still absolutely perfect. Her hard work and kindness towards us in so many situations was tremendous. We felt like friends of Wendy, rather than customers and I knew our wedding was in good hands- even through a hurricane! I am so appreciative of Wendy and her team to make all of my wedding dreams come true and more!

1812 Hitching Post 1

angela · Married on 06/03/2018

I can not say enough about how wonderful the whole experience at the hitching post was from start to finish for my groom and I. I am a busy nurse and had little time for details. Wendy made it so simple. I sent her a few pics of what I had in mind and from that she was able to produce our dream wedding! I didn't worry about a thing!!! She took care of the catering, the decorations, the photos, the DJ, this was 100 percent all inclusive as they advertise. All of our guests are still commenting on how it was one of the most beautiful settings and wedding they had ever attended. The entire day was stress free and magical for us!! We are forever grateful to them for the service. Not to mention I know people who have paid double what we did for weddings at similar venues and didnt have half the wedding we were able to have. It was worth every penny and we are beyond satisfied with our wedding experience.

1812 Hitching Post 2
    1812 Hitching Post 7
    1812 Hitching Post 8
    1812 Hitching Post 9

Brandon · Married on 06/02/2018

Wendy was absolutely amazing! We booked our wedding two years prior and she was helpful through the entire process. Having our wedding at the 1812 Hitching post was our dream come true. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It started raining during our ceremony and Wendy and her staff made sure everyone had an umbrella to continue the ceremony. The day was magical. The staff was helpful, courteous, and fun! The DJ played all of our favorite songs and made accommodations for some bridal party surprises. You would not be making a mistake having your wedding here. The food was delicious. Our friends and family haven’t stopped talking about it!!! Wendy you are amazing and We appreciate you so much!

Hunna · Married on 05/21/2018

Our wedding at 1812 Hitching Post was a dream, and everything we wanted for the occasion. The house and landscape make for a stunning backdrop, and the photography is exceptionally good. The photography not only captures our most beautiful, delicate moments of our wedding, but it also told the story of the day from the bride getting ready, to the groom and his family anticipating the ceremony, to each ring exchange, congratulatory hugs and handshakes, and then our first photographs as newlyweds. Wendy is warm and organized and made sure each aspect of the day and the ceremony flowed smoothly. We are happy to now be married, and couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sent on 06/03/2018
    1812 Hitching Post 10
    1812 Hitching Post 11
    1812 Hitching Post 12

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Lovely review from a lovely woman! It was a pleasure to meet you two and to photograph your wedding!

Jodie · Married on 05/19/2018

I can say that Wendy and her team are AWESOME! We could have not had a better experience. The food was delicious and Wendy has a true eye for beautiful decorations. She delivered whatever we asked for. Many of our guests said it was the prettiest wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 05/24/2018

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Thanks so much; Jodie! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your mom! I can't wait to see more photos. We loved your wedding!

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

If I could rate higher, I would. My husband and I were married here almost a month ago now. Wendy and I planned my wedding over the timeframe of about 1 year. Let me stop right here and say SHE IS INCREDIBLE. From the beginning, everything was on the table. Wendy never left me feeling in the dark or confused about what was offered. She and her team supply and offer SO much. Throughout the year of planning she was very easy to get a hold of if needed. She always responded within about an hour! I cannot say enough good things about 1812 Hitching Post, and I seriously suggest you to make an appointment to check out the property and meet with Wendy.
    The Big Day was MAGIC!! The only thing I would change is that I wish it didn't end! Everything was beyond perfect (and I am a little bit of a control freak). Wendy and her team took the reigns and way over delivered. We had about 100 people, and every single person keeps telling us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun the reception was. It was so well organized, nothing went wrong at all. The music was fantastic, timing was on-point. Food was great! Cake was GORGEOUS AND DELICIOUS! I cannot even explain how perfect everything was.
    If you have a tiny inkling to consider 1812 for your wedding, GET IT BOOKED!!! You won't regret it. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. These guys know what they're doing, and do it with grace. I had zero worries and I feel like I owe that all to Wendy.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU 1812 HP!!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Wow. Lauren, you made me cry! We are so glad you were thrilled, of course! You are one of those brides that makes my job so wonderful. I hope your whole life goes the way your wedding went. You two are magical together and your families and friends were wonderful! Thank you for sharing YOUR magic with us!!!!

Crystal · Married on 04/14/2018

Wendy was amazing! The day was absolutely perfect. Wendy allowed me to email her sometimes up to 10 times a day. We would text each other and she let me communicate to her my vision. I cannot say enough about the venue, and Wendy. We were married at 1812 Hitching Post on April 14, 2018 and people are still coming up to my parents and telling them how pretty everything looked and how wonderful the day was. I will never forget how warm and open she was from our first meeting and I will always be eternally grateful for having her in my life to make my wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    1812 Hitching Post 18
    1812 Hitching Post 19
    1812 Hitching Post 20

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review and for posting your photos! I hope you'll stay in touch! You're amazing!!!

Chelsey · Married on 09/30/2017

Wendy was a breeze to work with. We were from out of town, and she made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. She was extremely responsive to emails, and made sure everything was taken care of the day of the wedding.

Terri · Married on 09/16/2017

We selected the Hitching Post for my daughters wedding, I can't say enough about Wendy and her staff at The Hitching Post. After lots of research, we fell in love with them because of the beauty of the venue and the flexibility initially! I texted Wendy quite frequently about various issues and not only was she prompt to respond, she offered her experienced opinion and always kept the focus on my daughters wishes! The day of the wedding, everything was spot on, including the weather! The cake, food, decor was perfect and exactly what we envisioned! It was totally stressfree and we got to enjoy the wedding! Priceless! Their attention to detail was second to none!!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you so much, Terri! We loved Carly's wedding and I loved getting to know YOU!

Candace · Married on 06/03/2017

Everything was perfect for what we were looking for. Very comfortable and a beautiful area to get ready!!!Loved it

Madeleine · Married on 05/28/2017

The 1812 hitching post was wonderful! They made my day so stress free for me and it was everything I hoped it would be. Beautiful and so much fun!

Tammy · Married on 04/08/2017

Wendy and her team were extremely organized and treated Jamie and I like we were their only clients throughout the entire wedding process. Wendy was very flexible with any and all ideas I had and changes we made to the contract. I felt like I hardly had to lift a finger the entire planning process or the day of! Wendy's checklist made things extremely easy to communicate my desires for decor and she decorated and planned around my themes. The planning seemed effortless and that was exactly what I wanted...I didn't want to have to make a million decisions and find a million vendors...they did it all! The day of went perfectly! She had everything ready and beautifully decorated to with my ideas and suggestions in place. She was like a quiet ninja in the background organizing everyone and everything. We truly felt like she wasn't just our wedding planner, but she was part of the family. Her attentiveness to our wants and needs was truly appreciated. My only advice...if you are like me and love to dance, I totally suggest investing in some extra hours. I would have liked the party to continue with more dancing, but overall I was extremely happy with our decision to use the HP!

Michele · Married on 12/14/2016

We decided to elope a day and a half prior to our wedding! The 1812 Hitching Post was close and lovely! The owners were very flexible and accommodating as well! This was a perfect venue for us and a wonderful value as well for any couple who want something more without any stress!

Laurin · Married on 06/17/2016

1812 Hitching Post is an absolutely beautiful venue and the perfect place to have a wedding. Wendy is very easy to work with and really knowledgeable about everything that needs to happen for a flawless wedding! We were looking for an affordable place to have a small (less than 20 people) wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our outcome at 1812 Hitching Post.

So glad I chose to have my wedding here! Everything went perfect and the location is beautiful! The service was great and everything was decorated exactly how I wanted. Perfect place with the perfect price!

Jamie · Married on 10/18/2015

I can't say enough great things about the 1812 Hitching Post! We just got married in October and our day was perfect. I know every couple probably thinks their wedding day is perfect but ours was truly the best. Wendy and her staff went above and beyond our expectations. We live about four hours away from the venue and only visited twice before the wedding, so our correspondence was mainly through email. Wendy quickly responded and was attentive; thoroughly answering every question, concern, and thought. We really just gave her a basic idea of what we wanted and she took it and ran. On our wedding day, I was blown away at how beautiful it was. It was amazing to see how our day come to life. And most importantly, Wendy and her staff kept the wedding running on time, they were kind to us and our families, were respectful, and fun. So, so, fun. We even stayed in the cottage attached to the venue for the wedding night. It was a perfect end to our perfect day.

Sent on 12/11/2015

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Jamie! We look forward to seeing more of your GORGEOUS photos! We love seeing your love!

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

Wendy was so easy to work with. She was always quick to answer questions and was extremely helpful, even when I sprang last minute changes on her (oops). The Hitching Post is a gorgeous venue. I was going to have my wedding outside on the side lawn, but it was rainy and cool that day, so it was under the tent instead, which had ample room for everything. Even though I was upset with the weather, the staff decorated everything so beautifully that it ended up not mattering a bit about the weather. My wedding could not have been more perfect. The reception was so much fun and the staff was very discreet about cleaning up plates after people finished eating. Their DJ did a great job with the music and pacing the events. The food was delicious and the ice cream bar was a wonderful addition! My cake turned out exactly like I wanted. My photos are amazing. Their photographer is so easy to work with and such a sweet girl. I can't recommend The Hitching Post enough. If you haven't checked into it, do it! You won't regret it!

Casey · Married on 09/05/2015

Wendy and the staff at the Hitching Post are amazing! They make everything stress free. They include everything with your contact except alcohol which makes planning so much easier. Wendy was always responsive and willing to help! My wedding was perfect and I would reccomend the Hitching Post to any and bride!!

You guys helped make our day absolutely perfect and we so appreciate it! The photos are just great!!

Leslie · Married on 06/20/2015

Love love love Wendy and her staff. It was so easy and gorgeous!!

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

I loved everything about my wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post! Wendy was a professional and helpful coordinator, from the beginning of the planning process to the end of the celebration. The food was delicious, the venue was decorated beautifully, the DJ enhanced an amazing reception, and the photography captured all the highlights of the festivities. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding!

Tierney · Married on 11/08/2014

Wendy and her team at the 1812 Hitching Post are talented professionals who helped us design and carry out the perfect wedding. My husband and I fell in love with the beauty of the location the first time we visited and it provided a vivid backdrop to our celebration. Wendy was an amazing partner in the planning process, even though I was doing much of the planning from a distance. Her passion for her work was evident in everything she did to prepare for the wedding day and she handled it with absolute calm and aplomb, ensuring that I considered all the little details I would otherwise have overlooked. The result was the simply elegant wedding we had envisioned from the start. Reverend Waldron officiated a poignant ceremony, Taylor took beautiful photos by running all over the place, and the food was delicious and worked around all our allergy needs. Wendy and her team made the planning and implementation easy so that my husband and I could fully enjoy the day. Thank you, 1812 Hitching Post, for helping us celebrate our love!

Sent on 01/21/2015

1812 Hitching Post's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding. Your love for each other is so vivid and inspiring! Thanks for the wonderful review!

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2014

My wedding day was everything I hoped it would be thanks to Wendy and Pat and I am beyond thrilled with the photos Wendy took!

Brooke · Married on 09/07/2014

Wendy was amazing everything I imagined in my mind she may come to life on my special day!