1757 Golf Club Reviews

1757 Golf Club 6
1757 Golf Club 7
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 05/26/2012

My wedding was on May 26th and I had the pleasure of working with Lindsey Goodwin, the wedding coordinator at 1757 Golf Course. She was a godsend! Everything at the reception went seamless and the ballroom was everything I could have dreamed of. It was actually better than I had even imagined. Its wonderful because you get to color coordinate your wedding colors to the table cloth and napkins at no charge! The food was the most delicious wedding food I have ever tried and we had a lot of people saying it was amazing as well. The food not only had flavor but it was steaming hot and definitely fresh. I highly recommend this venue, not only for the beauty of it, the price is reasonable, and lastly because Lindsey is the BEST!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Lisa · Married on 05/25/2012

The 1757 Golf Club EXCEEDED our expectations and made our wedding so memorable!! We cannot thank them enough for everything that they did in fulfilling our dreams. We met with the catering manager, Lindsay Goodwin, back in February and booked our ceremony and reception for May of this year. With only 3 months of planning, we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding, which we owe to Lindsay, her assistant Jaime and the entire staff at 1757.

Lindsay is very professional, extremely personable and very well organized. She was such a pleasure to work with and managed to make the wedding planning so easy on us. Her assistant Jaime stepped in without missing a beat and was very attentive and responsive. Our guests have all commented on how wonderful they were and the entire staff of 1757. Every detail of the ceremony and reception was executed flawlessly!

Our ceremony and reception were so beautiful from the backdrop of the golf course, to the exquisite ballroom and outdoor patio. All of our guests remarked on how nice it was to utilize the patio during our reception. Cocktail hour was just the start of the great food that 1757 had to offer. Servers were diligent on making sure hors d’oeuvres were passed around at all times and abundantly displayed. All aspects of the dinner were appealing to everyone and we received so many compliments on how great everything tasted.

The 1757 Golf Club is an amazing establishment and we highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding reception or even a private gathering. They were accommodating, professional and very organized! We were SO happy with the service they provided and we thank Lindsay, Jaime and everyone at 1757 for throwing us a wedding that we’ll never forget!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Nicoleta · Married on 05/19/2012

Our wedding at 1757 Golf Club took place in May of this year. We started our initial planning last year when we first met Lindsay Goodwin, the event coordinator at the 1757 Golf Club.

Lindsay is VERY PROFESSIONAL, very well-organized and very detail oriented. Every time I asked for a meeting with her to discuss details about the wedding, she was very flexible and on point. She worked with me one-on-one throughout the entire planning process. Lindsay didn't miss any detail that we specifically requested. She and her staff took care of setting up the wedding reception decorations that I purchased and in the manner that I requested. I would like to mention that Lindsay was supposed to take off the afternoon of our wedding, but she was there helping with our special day. Thank you, Lindsay!

The food was absolutely DELICIOUS! It was all fresh and it was served on time.The compliments of our guests went on and on. Having the patio (which was included with the ball room) was wonderful, too. Everything went as planned.

All I have to say is a big THANK YOU to Lindsay and all her staff at 1757 Golf Club. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to having a wedding reception, a gathering , or any type of event.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2012

The 1757 club was absolutely amazing! Lindsay and Jamie were wonderful to work with! Being a couple who lived out of the area, they were always accessible to answer questions, set up appointments, etc! They not only are true professionals who know their business, they are so sweet and really want your day to be exactly what you want it to be. With all of our wedding planning, our reception was the one aspect with the least stress! Lindsay was so organized and on point with all the planning! We knew we were in good hands.
    All of our guests in and out of town were raving about the clubs wonderful service and AWESOME food!! We could not have picked a better place to celebrate our special day :)

Jen & Pat

Sent on 05/09/2012

Allison · Married on 04/14/2012

1757 Golf Club is right down the street from our house so it seemed like a great place to have the ceremony and reception. We went to meet with Lindsay who gave us a tour of the space. They are perfectly set up for weddings and meeting Lindsay definitely sealed the deal. She is bubbly, friendly, and organized! She was definitely the final factor in the decision to go with the venue.
    She answered every email I sent her so quickly and handled every detail of that day, from meeting the vendors, to being there with Jamie (the other POC) the entire night of the wedding. While Lindsay handled all the lead up to the big day- which was HUGE because her own wedding was the week after mine- Jamie was with me every step of the way on the big day! She was so good at communicating with me about everything that was happening and led everyone through the ceremony and stayed until everyone left that night. The staff helped me load my car and were just great- I literally could not say enough good things about how I was treated throughout the process.

The food is also really good! We opted to do a heavy appetizer wedding and they set things up beautifully. Although I didn't have time to eat too much what I did get was delicious and everyone kept telling me how good the food was!
    I highly, highly recommend this venue- but be sure to contact them soon! They only opened a few years ago but are already filling up their wedding season schedule, and it's obvious why!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Dena · Married on 01/21/2012

I LOVE this place!!!! Lindsay the event planner is very professional and attentive! Her and her assitant, Jamie, pay attention to detail!!! I can not say enough good things about them! My husband and I were blown away when we were waiting to be introduced into the reception, Jamie walked by with an ear piece in and discussing our shcedule!!! We felt like celebrities!! Then once we got into the reception we found out that we had our own waitress, Sarah!! Who also was VERY attentive!! We also worked with Christian the bartendar and he allowed me to use my recipe for our signature drink! EVERYTHING here is perfect and then some!! They work with Capital Party Rentals and it was very nice to go their and pick out everything you want and then its delivered!!! No hassels for us! They also orderd special beer for my family that the club does not usually carry. I could go on and on!! You will not be disappointed!! Oh and when we were searching for a reception place 1757 was the lowest in price. Ususally the cheapest isnt the best but in this case it is!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/23/2012

Marilyn · Married on 12/31/2011

From: Marilyn Manning [mailto:mom.manning@gmail.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:07 PM
    To: Lindsay Goodwin
    Subject: Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Hi Lindsay;
    How are you? Yes, the craziness has died down. (Just STARTING FOR YOU, I am sure!)
    Happy New Year to you too.

Thank you, once again, for everything you did to make our evening just WONDERFUL! I was completely relaxed knowing that your staff had everything under control. They very cheerfully managed and handled every little request I made that night ("more golf balls, please" and "can we have the music down/or up?"). Your staff was friendly and always helpful, going above and beyond.

The food was amazing. All of my family expressed to me how fresh they thought everything tasted (delicious salad, they all said) and how moist both the beef and salmon were. Your chef did an impressive job at impressing! :)

The Washington Ballroom was just beautiful and several people mentioned the dramatic colors in the room. You all did an excellent job of setting things up just as we had discussed. Thank you for putting out the name cards and the nutcrackers (the guys actually loved those silly things, if you can believe that).

Oh, and may I mention that the driving range was a hit with 20-or-so of our guests. It was unseasonably warm that night, so some of our guest who weren't even hitting wandered outside to watch and cheer. :)

I would whole-heartedly recommend 1757 to my friends. Thank you again Lindsay for helping to make our rehearsal dinner a most memorable night.

All the best to you and your fiancee, as you plan your very special day. "Don't sweat the small stuff." (can you believe I am saying this to an event coordinator? :)
    You will sparkle, I am sure!

Fondly,
    Marilyn Manning

Sent on 01/19/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2011

The 1757 Gold Club is a hidden gem. The venue is gorgeous and a wonderful place to hold your wedding ceremony, reception, or event. The Wedding Specialist, Lindsay Goodwin, is amazing, incredibly organized, flexible, and works with you one-on-one throughout the entire planning process. From the first time we met with Lindsay, she immediately made us feel at ease and we knew our reception would be in great hands. On the day of our event everything ran perfectly, our guests had nothing but great things to say about the food, service, and hospitality at 1757. Cost of the event does vary depending on the number of guests and food selections; Lindsay works very hard to customize each event to their specific needs and wants. 1757 makes planning a wedding a dream. Without a doubt I would recommend 1757 Golf Club and Lindsay Goodwin to every bride!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Sascha · Married on 10/01/2011

I can't say enough about our experience with 1757 Golf Club! When I first started looking at venues I really wanted to get married at a Winery UNTIL I heard about this hidden treasure from another bride. The minute that I met the Wedding Specialist, Lindsay Goodwin, I knew that this was the right venue because she was very accomodating and super friendly. From start to finish she made my wedding planning as smooth and easy as can be! My guests have said the following about our wedding:
    "It was a Platinum Wedding"
    "Wedding like no other"
    "The staff was very attentive"
    "I have never been to a wedding that was timed so perfectly"
    "The Sea Bass was the best I ever had"
    The list of compliments go on and on even weeks after our wedding :) The staff there provides 5 star service and the food is amazing. It poured rain on my wedding day and the facility is perfect no matter what the weather conditions may be. If you are considering having your wedding anywhere and want it to be seamless from start to finish with every detail attended to the this is your venue! Thank you 1757 for making our day truly magical!

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

The coordinator, Lindsay, is amazing and her new event manager, Jaime, is awesome too. These ladies made my day perfect. I didn't stress about anything. They are incredibly accommodating and friendly. I got immediate responses to all of my emails and every attempt was made to accommodate my every request. Would definitely do business with them again. Quality customer service.

Also, the food was amazing! I didn't get to eat much but what I did try was fabulous. The bartender we had for our wedding was also amazing and dealt with my rowdy group so graciously and even designed a shooter on the fly to be our signature drink!

Sent on 09/19/2011
  • Tisa

Tisa · Married on 08/26/2011

Three weeks before our wedding and no reception hall due to issues with the previous venue… 1757 Golf Club is in our neighborhood. We pass by it daily. It is a new and beautiful golf course that we had never personally stopped in to check out, but had heard great things about it… So, two weeks before our wedding, trying not to panic, I called a woman named Lindsay G. and left probably a rather panicked phone message… “Hi, my wedding is in two weeks and I no longer have a reception hall… can you meet with me as soon as possible?!” Lindsay was out of town, and Jamie A. called me back within an hour. She was pleasant and calming and told me to stop by whenever I could to meet with her, but that Lindsay was out of town for the entire week. I stopped by that day and met with Jamie. It was beautiful. We walked through the rooms and discussed what it could look like, what services they provide, how things could work out. I fell in love… so, step number 2, I asked her to sit down with prices… I feared what an elegant golf club with all the works would charge us and feared again that all my hopes of stress free reception would be shot down in just a few seconds… We paid for our wedding alone. We had a budget.

We sat down with a drink and went over all the options. I had to wait for Lindsay to return to get the full idea of what exactly things would cost, but looking over the preliminary costs, it was over budget as expected, but not nearly as expensive as I anticipated for the caliber of venue I was sitting in… Was it worth it?

The next week, we met with Lindsay (now we are 10 short days from our wedding, and I am in FULL panic mode—we still don’t have a contract). Lindsay was AMAZING. My husband and I walked into the club with Lindsay and she immediately made us feel comfortable and calm. She answered every question, provided us with the peace of mind that this was going to be everything we ever wanted and more. My husband is the detail oriented financial person of the two of us. Lindsay broke every detail down for him and they tweaked and worked together until it was perfect… for our budget and our dream! That same day, Lindsay walked us into the room that would be our reception and laid out ideas for tables, we picked out table clothes and colors, where we wanted the bar and the buffet; how we wanted the slide show, how and where things should be placed… She was as excited for us as we were!! It was like our own personal fairy-godmothers!!

Jamie let me know that the day before the wedding I could come and set things up, move things, be as active or inactive as I wanted to be in planning/decorating. So on Thursday (the wedding was on Friday) I brought one of my girls and my mom to the venue to drop off cameras, the card box, centerpieces, the guest book… all the little details that I wanted to contribute. The room was in the process of transformation, tables and clothes were set up… it was beautiful! My mom and friend are both a bit head-strong, and normally I am as well… at this point, I was exhausted and wanted to go home and relax a bit. Nope. They started arguing about where the tables should go and what needed to be moved—all I could do was ignore them. I was beyond arguing at the point. Jamie walks in, works with them and gets me a glass of champagne. Everyone was happy and I again, couldn’t begin to thank them enough for taking care of things!!

The day of the wedding was beautiful. Everything was absolutely amazing. Jamie-again to my rescue, helped my bridesmaid fix my bustle, she handled every detail between coordinating timing with the dj, to cutting the cake for the guests, to making sure enough food, appetizers etc were passed around. The food was absolutely exceptional; I am still getting feedback from my guests about how amazing the food was! The bartender was a sweetheart—who made excellent mixed drinks, and the staff were accommodating to everyone! We had food to take home (which was gone before we left for our honeymoon), cake to take home and break down was fast and easy thanks to these two amazing ladies!! I cannot thank them enough for the work, their support and their amazing talent working with brides and their families to make that special day absolutely magical!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Leah · Married on 08/06/2011

1757 Golf Club is a great place to host your wedding reception! Lindsay Goodwin, the events coordinator, and her staff is extremely professional and they make sure every detail is perfect! The food was amazing, the service was great, the staff was friendly (both on the golf course and in the clubhouse), and the venue is beautiful! Everything ran so smoothly and I did not have to worry about anything throughout the day. Lindsay guided us throughout the entire process and made everything work like clockwork. The set up and preparation that was done ahead of time was extremely helpful and I knew that our special day was in great hands!! The cocktail hour and reception hall was decorated beautifully!!! The golf course provides a great spot for pictures as well! The guests continue to rave about the venue and the bar service!!! Cost of reception dependent on what option you choose and number of guests (we had 150 guests).

Sent on 09/04/2011

kelly · Married on 07/30/2011

We had the most amazing wedding at 1757! Lindsay and Jamie were awesome to work with from beginning to end. It was just so PERFECT!!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

kristen · Married on 07/23/2011

I can’t say enough nice things about 1757 golf club! The venue, golf course, staff, Jamie (the assistant), and especially Lindsay Goodwin (the wedding director) are all wonderful! It was the first venue we looked at and nothing else compare to it. Lindsay never said no, was the friendliest person ever where I thought many times I was talking with a friend, accommodating, answered her emails immediately, patient when I changed my mind about a few things. She heard our vision and executed it perfectly!! From start to finish everything went smoothly. If something was wrong or didn’t go as plan then we didn’t know about it! Along with the venue in itself being fantastic the food was also fabulous! Many of our guests came up to us during and after the wedding and said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and they compared it to a 5 star restaurant… it wasn’t surprising since the chef use to work at some of the top restaurants. I wanted them to serve a special dish at the wedding even though they didn’t advertise/have it but they made it happen and it looked and tasted wonderful! The church that we got married at didn’t have much green space outside so we relied on the golf course for our outdoor pictures. Lindsay made sure they had golf carts waiting for us and we were able to drive around the course and take pictures. It being a Saturday wedding we came across many golfers who were just as friendly as the staff! They allowed us to slow down their game and congratulated us at the same time! We were surrounded by love and it wasn’t just from our family and friends. 1757 went out of their way to make me, my husband, family, and friends feel very welcome! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone that is looking to hold a special wedding or even an event! I just wish we could do it over again and again!!!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Emily · Married on 07/09/2011

Upon meeting with Lindsay, I instantly knew I would get married at 1757. I had been to the golf club multiple times and already loved the ambiance. My fiancé and I had enjoyed many many meals there - Chef Rob Fleming is a genius! When we sat down with Lindsay, the choice was just simple. She was overly accommodating and so helpful every step of the way. We trusted her, Jamie and the whole staff to guide us toward the perfect ceremony and reception. The all inclusive packages were easy and flexible enough to get exactly what we wanted. I never felt overwhelmed. Lindsay kept me on track throughout our ten months of planning; her organization kept stress at bay – essential for a bride! When the day arrived, our ceremony was picture perfect under a beautiful tent and facing the 18th green. The reception was a fabulous party with Gonzo’s Nose on stage and 170 people dancing the night away. And did I mention the food? Every single guest has commented on the deliciousness of our food – from the cocktail hour to the starter salad to the filet and sea bass – YUM! I truly wouldn’t change a thing – our wedding day was impeccable. It was the best day of my life; as it should be. I would recommend 1757 Golf Club to anyone.

Sent on 08/22/2011

Meg · Married on 06/25/2011

We choose 1757 Golf Club before the ballroom was even completed with its construction (about a year and a half before our wedding date. We are sure glad that we did. It was a fabulous venue and the day was beyond perfect! We met with the Coordinator(Lindsay) several times before the date and had everything set and on paper months before the wedding date (talk about stress relief)! We choose all of our colors and they had matching linens and a host of different colors if we had chosen another direction. We set up one table to show what we wanted it to look like and the day of the wedding we did not have to do anything. They had everything set to exactly how we liked it. They also made sure to work with us on plated vs buffet meals (head table plated, guests buffet= perfection). The food was phenomenal. The chef was amazing. We are the type of couple who does not enjoy traditional wedding cake. They worked with us to create (our favorite) cheesecake for us to cut and mini cheesecakes for each table! People are still talking about how good they were(and asking for more). The day of they were there to help us with everything. They kept us on track without being pushy or controlling. Very fluid- you would never even know they were there unless you looked very hard. They even washed, boxed and had all of our supplies ready to go shortly after the reception. Lindsay and her team are amazing and I would INSIST on other brides at least checking out 1757 as a wedding venue. It is definitely worth it!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Hayley · Married on 06/18/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Lindsay (the onsite wedding coordinator) and staff at 1757 Golf Club. The planning of my reception was as stress free as you can get. Lindsay was always available to talk with me via phone/email/visit to go over any and all questions I had (there were a lot, her patience was much appreciated)! The site is absolutely gorgeous, the club looks brand new and the well kept golf course makes for the perfect outdoor photo ops. This was the first site I visited and I knew immediately it was the right one for me. You have the option of renting the ballroom or the whole facility which makes it perfect for smaller intimate weddings or a big crowd. Lindsay was there every step of the way to make sure every little detail was perfect for my wedding. I cannot imagine a more perfect location.

Sent on 08/17/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/02/2011

Fantastic place for a wedding reception! The staff is wonderful and I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Kathy · Married on 10/30/2010

the best way to describe 1757 is just WOW! the place is gorgeous, the staff is amazing, the food was awesome, and Lindsay is a god send.

we had an outside ceremony on the patio which had a great view of the pond. we used the restaurant for cocktail hour, and the ballroom for the reception. the bartenders and wait staff were so fun to work with, my guests loved them.

they were very flexible with everything i asked for and allowed me to change menu options and decorate however i pleased.

I highly recommend 1757 golf club for your wedding or event!

Sent on 11/01/2010

Cara · Married on 10/16/2010

Most AMAZING experience ever! Lindsay, the planner there is so helpful and on top of things that to a bride she is invaluable. She prompted us every step of the way with what we may need or want. The Golf Club is a beautiful space with a great "plan b" for outdoor weddings if it rains. Neither my husband nor I are golfers, so we checked out the club with few expectations. It is a one stop shop! They take care of the food (which is fabulous, and I am a caterer myself), the linens, the seating for the ceremony. The day of the wedding was flawless and I didn't have to worry about anything. Lindsay and her crew were on top of everything, keeping the timing of events and making sure my husband and I were aware of where we were with the bar, the dj.... EVERYTHING. At the same time they were discreet. The service really was spectacular, the food insanely delicious, the ballroom gorgeous, all very affordable, but the worry-freeness was by far my favorite part! I have recommended to everyone I know who are engaged to have their wedding at 1757 Golf Club!

Sent on 02/08/2011

By far the best venue out there, perfect. Best wedding coordinator around! Great food too!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Susan · Married on 10/02/2010

Lindsay and her team at 1757 were absolutely great with our wedding reception! Our guests continue to comment how great the food was for the cocktail hour and the dinner. We had our cocktail hour from 5:00 to 6:00, followed by dinner and dancing from 6:00 to 10:00. Everything ran seamlessly.

Our photographer worked with Lindsay and was able to arrange taking pictures on the golf course, just as the sun was setting; my husband loved driving us around the golf course in one of the golf carts.

Lindsay has a few vendors she's worked with before and recommends. That was really helpful since we struggled with finding the right DJ for our crowd. Her recommendation was perfect! Everyone was up dancing throughout the reception.

Lindsay was also flexible and let us to bring in any vendor we wanted. We took advantage of that for our wedding cake and florist and they didn't have any issues working with Lindsay and her team.

If I needed a venue for another event, I would definitely consider 1757 Golf Club. Don't hesitate to contact Lindsay!

Sent on 10/19/2010
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/25/2010

I had my wedding reception at 1757 golf club. I had such an amazing experience. Lindsay Goodwin is the banquet manager and she is one of the main reasons my experience was so great! She was so organized, had great ideas, and helped the planning process go smoothly. She also put out every fire that happened the day-of and made sure I had nothing to worry about but having fun. The food is AMAZING and the facilities are gorgeous and perfect for a wedding. I definitely recommend this venue to other brides!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Samareh · Married on 07/31/2010

1757 golf club is an absolutely perfect setting for a wedding reception. We had our reception in their brand new ballroom, which very comfortably seated our 150 guests. The setting is ideal, near hotels and airport for guests, and right outside the ballroom is a gorgeous patio looking out into the vast golf course that our guests really enjoyed walking out there throughout the evening. There is a nice lake at the 18th hole where we did most of our bride and groom pictures and they came out phenomenally. Above all, we would highly recommend this venue in Sterling, VA because of the incredible event manager, Lindsay Goodwin. Before choosing 1757, we searched over 20 venues in the area. But when we sat down with Lindsay, an energetic and very professional young lady, we realized our dream wedding could easily become a reality here. Everything ran so smoothly because of how accessible and reasonable Lindsay was. Because we had a Persian wedding, Lindsay allowed us to bring outside caterers in and they provided all the serving staff, along with passed appetizers during our cocktail hour by their own staff. They had a vast array of color schemes to pick from, unlimited options for table top decorations, and a great setup for our buffet table, cake table, bride and groom table, and fabulous large new dance floor all included with the price. Another great feature is that Lindsay has close connections with such great services in the area including our amazing photographer Bruce Fleischer and cake caterer Alan from edible incredibles.

Sent on 09/06/2010
  • Phyllis

Phyllis Livornese (For Veronica) · Married on 03/25/1997

A sweet wedding venue!

The venue is roomy and perfect for small or large weddings. The Coordinator was fantastic and made the details easy and efficient; and the day-off of managed perfectly so the families could simply enjoy! Thanks to Rachel and staff at 1757! You were just great:)

Sent on 07/04/2019