1757 Golf Club Reviews

1757 Golf Club 5
1757 Golf Club 6
1757 Golf Club 7

ashkan · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie is fantastic. She helped us tremendously with planning our dream wedding. She is top-notch, super professional, and extremely detail oriented. The venue is perfect and can be decked out to look super nice. I didn't feel like I was going to get ripped off, like I did at pretty much every other venue. Loved it!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Nancy · Married on 09/24/2016

We were so lucky to have 1757 Golf Club as the venue for my daughter's wedding reception. We looked at numerous places and did a lot of research before booking 1757. Having the reception there was one of the best decisions we made. Every time I left there after a planning session I felt confident and assured that they had everything under control. Katie Frey and her team could not have done a better job. Their attention to detail and day of coordinating made the day amazing. The atmosphere and the venue is so warm and inviting, the food was wonderful and the staff never missed a step. As the mother of the bride I must admit I was worried about all the details but Katie and her team handled everything and told me to just enjoy the day. What a gift that was to truly be present in the moment and share in my daughter's day. When I asked my daughter and son-in-law if the day was all they had hoped for and they replied "It was more" then I knew they were as thrilled as I was. I would definitely use 1757 again and again!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Justine · Married on 09/17/2016

Overall, I would highly recommend this venue. I have been in many weddings were the bridal party, bride/groom & family had to do most of the preparations for the reception, but 1757 took care of everything for us. We had a few extra things we wanted to decorate with and all we needed to do was drop them off, and they handle everything. We even threw a few curve balls with wedding traditions that they had never heard of, and they accommodated our every need! All we needed to do, was show up and enjoy our day.

After diligently searching venues in the area, we decided to go with 1757 Golf Club. From the first meeting, Katie was AMAZING and helped communicate accurately what the club provided, what our options were and what they could help with. Putting our wedding together in 6 months was quick, but Katie made sure to understand what we wanted and supported us in every way! When she wasn't available, the other staff members helped in every way possible. We decided to have the rehearsal and reception at the venue.

The day of the rehearsal, Katie and staff were so organized and prepared for us, that we were able to just relax and have a good time. They even had most of the banquet hall set-up for the reception the next day, giving us a chance to look at it before everyone else got there.

We had a little drama on the wedding day, but none of it was caused by 1757. After running a little late, Katie was able to communicate with the chef and they were able to accommodate our needs. The entire staff was extremely attentive and professional to not only our needs, but the needs of our entire bridal party and guests. We had many people communicate with us how much they enjoyed the golf club and reception.

Thank you Katie and the rest of the 1757 Staff for helping to make our day so great!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

DeAna · Married on 09/10/2016

Katie was absolutely AMAZING! She made my life as a bride so much easier with her attentiveness, willingness to help and suggestions throughout the process. I got married there almost 2 years ago and I still remember how great Katie was. Oh- the venue itself and food were fantastic too :)

Sent on 04/06/2018

Joseph · Married on 09/03/2016

My wife and I can't thank Katie and the 1757 staff for making our wedding an incredible experience! The food was fantastic (the filet and crab cakes were the best I've ever had), the staff was there to support all of our needs, the venue was gorgeous, and we appreciate how all of our guests could not stop complimenting us on how wonderful everything was. I can go on and on, but, I will end with this - you will not regret choosing 1757!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Greg · Married on 09/03/2016

My wife and I highly recommend 1757 Golf Club for your wedding venue. Not only is the facility itself beautiful but it is also very affordable and the staff was unbelievable! Katie Frey was our wedding planner and we could not have been more satisfied with the level of professionalism and customer service that she displayed throughout the entire wedding planning process. Katie was extremely responsive, very organized, and went out of her way to accommodate all of our special requests. Even when a few unexpected issues popped up on the day of the wedding, Katie took control and we did not have to worry about a thing! One of the groomsmen had a hole ripped in his pants right before the ceremony and Katie was able to make sure he was all sewn up on top of the million others things she was in charge of doing before the ceremony. Another groomsmen was sick and could not make it so we had to re-organize entrances and other activities and Katie was able to manage through that with no problem. As a matter of fact, the entire wedding was flawless. Everything went off without a hitch and happened in perfect time. Katie, as well as the rest of the staff made sure my wife and I were taken care of throughout the whole evening. It seemed like every time I was about to take the last sip of my drink one of the staff members was waiting right there with another one, it was incredible. Another staff member I would like to recognize was Nicole. She assisted throughout the evening and was extremely attentive and was there any time somebody in our bridal party needed something. She was enthusiastic, polite, and showed a genuine interest in our wedding and was busting her butt to make sure everybody was taken care of. Last and certainly not least, Scott and the other bartenders were fantastic. All of our guests had an amazing time and had nothing but incredible things to say about the venue and staff. 1757 Golf Club was perfect!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Angela · Married on 07/30/2016

We are still amazed with how perfect our wedding day was and how stress free and fun the whole planning process was. The whole 1757 team is absolutely amazing and made sure we were always completely satisfied and worry free. Katie is the absolute BEST! She was always in constant contact with us and on the wedding day she helped me stay calm and made sure the day/night was perfect for us. She even seemed to be having fun herself and got in the photo booth with us! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Nico · Married on 07/09/2016

1757 Golf Club was the third or fourth venue that I looked at for my reception venue, and I contacted over 20 venues in northern VA. 1757 was by far the best. Since my wedding was during the day, I wanted a place that was warm, inviting and had lots of natural light. Also, Katie provided the level of professionalism and responsiveness that I was looking for. She was easy to work with, friendly, supportive and flexible. The day, itself, was absolutely beautiful, and the food was delicious! We had so much fun wandering the golf course to take pics. The grounds really are lovely. The price for this venue is also very reasonable. There are a variety of options that can accommodate various price points. For the level of service we received and the size and beauty of the venue, it was well, well worth it. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/13/2016

1757 was a wonderful and helpful venue to have a wedding at. We had a rehearsal (not dinner) there as well and everyone was so attentive and professional. We couldn't be happier with how it went!!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2016

Katie did an amazing job! The whole team did! We didn't have to worry about a thing! They did all the decorating and took care of us all day long. We had water brought to us during pictures and when my husband broke my bussel Katie took care of it! The food is also amazing, we got tons of compliments! The venue is so beautiful and low stress!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Asia and Garrett · Married on 05/07/2016

My Wife and I absolutely loved our Wedding experience at 1757 Golf Club. We don’t even know where to start our experience went even better than expected. I guess we can start with the wedding planning and day of coordinator that comes with the package when you choose the venue. Our coordinator Katie, exceeded our expectations. We had more than enough planning meetings, and everything from the ceremony to the reception was very organized and laid out for us to understand and truly make our own. On the day of our wedding, we did not have to worry about a thing. Katie, the bartenders, the servers, and all of the 1757 staff took care of us and our guest and did absolutely everything we asked. It was surprisingly a day with no stress for us. The food here is amazing, we would recommend everything we had (crab cakes, lamb skewers, lemon herb tempenade chicken, and top sirloin to just name some of what we loved). Our guest have been raving about our day. Having the option for our guest to use the golfing range during cocktail hour was a sweet little touch which they all enjoyed!! Once we walked into 1757 we knew this was the place for us and we couldn’t have had a better wedding day!!

Sent on 05/18/2016

We had great experience with the staff at 1757, specifically Caren Deilly and Katie Frey. Both were very responsive and attentive throughout the process and offered suggestions and solutions along the way, which were appreciated. The day of our wedding went smoothly and the staff at 1757 supported us and our guests in every way.

Sent on 05/04/2016

We are very glad we chose 1757 for our wedding ceremony and reception. Katie was our coordinator and she was very accommodating whenever we needed to change something. The food is amazing here too. We had a couple issues with rude/sick/indecisive guests but Katie handled everything very professionally

Sent on 05/11/2016

Caitlin · Married on 04/02/2016

I don't know where to begin! We just had our wedding and reception here this weekend and it was PERFECT! Our coordinator on site, Katie Frey, was amazing. She was so involved in every aspect of our planning, she kept me completely calm with her attention to detail. She anticipated issues, offered solutions, and never once showed a "ruffled feather". The venue itself was gorgeous, and she left me feeling relieved that she could take the reigns in decorating with all the things I brought in. She worked with every vendor I sent her and made sure everyone was on time and perfect.

We also had our rehearsal dinner here in the restaurant, and she organized it for us to be super cost effective, fun, and amazing. She was so kind to every person in our wedding party and to every guest who came. I can't rave on this girl enough!!! Everyone I interacted with at the club was the same way. If you are considering a wedding venue, this should definitely be on your list. The pricing is fair, reasonable, and worth every thing you get! It was truly a magical day :)

Sent on 04/05/2016

Katie was absolutely AMAZING!! Katie was incredibly professional, quick to respond to my endless emails, and was an amazing day of coordinator. I did not have a wedding planner so I was worried about how the day would be executed. Katie and her staff took such great care of us, our wedding party, and our guests. Planning our wedding with Katie was super easy. She was friendly, accommodating, and we really enjoyed working with her.

The venue itself is great. We really liked that we didn't have to share the venue with any other weddings or events. The ballroom was the perfect size for a 100 person wedding. We had our ceremony inside (with the partition up) which created an intimate area to say I do. The restaurant area is where we had the cocktail hour and that was a perfect space for our guests. The staff were amazing and catered to our guests. They made everyone feel welcome. The food was absolutely amazing!! We were worried the food would be your typical banquet style food (dry chicken, powered mashed potatoes) but this food was 5 stars!! We had a plated dinner and everyone's meal came out nice and hot. Our main courses included the steak and salmon, both of which were so delicious. The wedding packages are great and you get so much more value and service compared to other venues in the area. I would recommend Katie and 1757 to any bride. Our wedding was amazing and we are so thankful that we chose 1757 for our special day!

Sent on 06/04/2016
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at 1757 and it was great! We had a Mexican buffet with fajitas, enchiladas, rice, beans, chips, guac and margs! Yumm! The planning service was great, they were very easy to work with and accommodating to requests. Lindsay made sure everything was set up perfectly and the banquet manager the night of our event was so responsive and helpful! The groomsmen also played golf at the venue and had great feedback about the course!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

If you've read multiple glowing reviews of 1757 Golf Club already, I'm here to tell you they are all spot on!! My husband and I had a terrific experience here, right from the very beginning. We live in Arlington but were looking for a venue for an outdoor ceremony, a warm inviting interior, and of course one that wasn't absurdly expensive. We found all of that at 1757. When I first came to check out the venue, the Director of Sales, Lindsay, was very thorough and welcoming, showing us the set-up and pictures of past weddings there. As we had planning sessions with Caren, the day-of coordinator, we felt like every detail was coming together beautifully. Caren covered so many details we would've missed on our own! And they were so patient with us when we kept coming back to details about open bar and drinks! ;) When we sent a signature cocktail recipe three weeks from the wedding date, they arranged it with no issues, and it was a huge hit! And I could go on and on about how wonderful they made the actual wedding day. We're a very low key couple, but we felt like absolute royalty at our ceremony and reception. The staff was SO great. We had a lot of angst about rain potential the night before, but Caren was kind enough to check in early on the day of for a final "indoor or outdoor?" answer. Everything was set up perfectly for our ceremony on the terrace. I did have the expectation that they'd shut down the course for the wedding, but the far side of the driving range was still open. I was surprised at first, but it honestly didn't impact the wedding at all. At the reception, Caren and her team checked in often to make sure every detail was how we wanted it and that we were always hydrated! I will add that the energy and enthusiasm of the staff meant a lot to us too. I know it's their job, but I've seen some surly bartenders/caterers at other weddings, and the positive energy across the board at 1757 added to a fantastic day. So happy with all of it, thank you 1757!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Marirosa · Married on 08/02/2015

As a wedding photographer myself I knew I wanted to use only the best vendors for my own ceremony. My husband and I decided to renew our wedding vows for 20 years this past Sunday. I reached out to 1757 a year earlier and started the planning. They were amazing from day 1. Willing to accommodate and provide us with all the information we needed. I have some severe food allergies, they were very helpful in working with me to make sure that I could eat the food and enjoy the day. The staff was friendly and professional, every step of the way they went above and beyond to be sure that we were happy. On the day of everything went perfect. From set up through breakdown... they were friendly and always made us feel like our event was important! I would highly recommend 1757 to anyone looking to do an event. Thank you so much for helping make our day perfect!!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/23/2015

I would highly recommend having your ceremony/wedding at 1757. From the moment we first went to look at this venue everyone was so welcoming and kind. We worked closely with Caren D. for several months leading up to our wedding. She was delightful to work with and always professional. When the wedding was about 2 weeks out, I would email her everyday and she was always prompt with her replies and very accommodating. Our wedding went off without any issues and everything was better than I could of ever imagined. On the wedding day, to my surprise, there was a young girl who was by my side the whole night to help me with whatever I needed. McKenzie was amazing and super helpful! When we went to take couples photos on the golf course, she was there to help carry my dress and always ready with appetizers when she could see I was getting stressed. I honestly can not think of a bad thing to say about this venue or their staff. Oh and the food was wonderful - our guests haven't stopped talking about it. The chef made special fried mac and cheese appetizers that were the talk of the cocktail hour.
    My only suggestion to all the brides out there is to make sure you ask for your food/cake to be boxed up so you can enjoy it later. We had such a great time at our wedding, we didn't have a moment to sit down and enjoy the dinner or cake. By the next day is when I realized that we didn't have any food/cake :(

Sent on 06/12/2015

I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue - I don't know where to begin! From my first visit to the last night I was there, everything ran so smoothly. I have to say the people there make the whole process of wedding planning seem so much easier! There were so many times I had annoying questions, or changing my mind about colors, etc. and everyone always helped with a smile on! I still can't believe it. I have heard nightmare stories about venues and everything about 1757 was perfection. I have recommended this venue already to so many people already. If you are reading this, just go meet Karen or Lindsay and you will know why I have so much confidence you will be 150% happy with this venue :) happy planning!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Cara · Married on 10/18/2014

I had my wedding at the 1757 Golf Club about 3 weeks ago, and I am so happy I held it there. They could have done nothing better. The food is AMAZING (all my guests are still talking about it!) and the room is very beautiful. However, it was the service that really stood out for me. This is a team of people who work their butts off to make sure your event goes perfectly.

Right from the beginning, Lindsay Rash worked hard to create a very flexible package that fit my budget. She bent over backwards and was extremely creative. Karen Duckett, the planner, worked really hard to help me come up with the perfect timeline, seating arrangement, etc. She was patient was my busy schedule and poor communication.

I have to say though, Stephen (don't know his last name) absolutely took the cake. He coordinated the day and evening of my wedding. He ran circles making sure everything was going on time, that me and my husband were happy, everything, I even found out later that he had been entertaining some of the 20 kids we had in attendance. I was so impressed with him. He (and the servers, of who, I can only remember Mackenzie's name) really turned around a day that was beginning to get long and torturous for me. I want nothing more than for Stephen to come run my life. He was superman. My wedding was a phenomenal success (I know I'm biased, but so many people have told me quite sincerely it was the best they ever attended), and I know that I have Stephen and his team to thank for nearly all of that.

If you want to have an elegant, no-hassle wedding or any other event, this really is the place. This team will make sure that everything gets done. They will go above and beyond. They will literally bring you bacon wrapped scallops and give you pep talks, while you hide from your guests in the board room during cocktail hour for a while.

Sent on 11/05/2014

I cannot rave enough about the wonderful experience I had at 1757 for my wedding! Karen Duckett and the rest of the staff were absolutely amazing! Karen took care of everything and took so much of the stress out of wedding planning! We chose to do the duet option, which was such a good choice! We chose the grape chicken and the sirloin and I could have died and went to heaven with every bite! I did leave a few things at 1757 during the evening- even a small handkerchief that I was certain was thrown away- however, all of my items were recovered! The outside patio was a perfect balance between inside and outside fun. A few of our guests even got a little carried away at the driving range! We were able to set up a corn hole station outside as well. The care and commitment that the staff puts into make each bride's day special is truly remarkable.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Thomas · Married on 06/01/2014

Had our wedding on a Sunday to help with cost. Will work with military in adding a military clause for those just in case circumstances. The food was great and everything that we needed was taken care of. The staff there goes above and beyond to make sure everything goes right. The venue is amazing and the golf course is great for taking pictures. Recommend doing a first look to take advantage of the hour they give you on the golf course for pictures.

I needed the a football pumped (misplaced the needle) they were able to get that done for us and the garter toss went off perfectly.

Sent on 07/10/2014

James · Married on 04/26/2014

My wife and I first worked with Lindsay to set up the venue and then primarily dealt with Karen during the planning and actual day of the wedding. Both were phenomenal because they had great attention to detail and so accommodating to our needs. They made sure the bar was fully stocked and the staff was impeccable with their service. I also want to commend the chef and servers for really delicious hors d'oeuvres and always have a smile on their face. i would highly recommend everyone that is looking for a venue to go to 1757 because I was completely stress free with all their work. I honestly can't stress enough how much Karen will listen to you and keep open communications with you to make sure your day is great!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Julie · Married on 04/19/2014

1757 Golf Club was an ideal choice for our wedding. Everything from planning to the rehearsal and wedding day was a huge success, thanks to Karen Duckett and her team. Karen was so amazing in helping us plan everything from beginning to end. She always made herself available to assist us in getting organized, ironing out the details, and was there the day of to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Additionally, the food and liquor selection at 1757 was also fantastic. The chef is great and all of our guests were very pleased with all the entree and hor d'oeuvres selections. We received several compliments on the venue, food, atmosphere, and service. I highly recommend 1757 Golf Club to anyone who is looking for a fantastic experience on their big day!

Sent on 06/18/2014