1705 East Reviews

1705 East 5
1705 East 6
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/18/2013

Jenn Carlin and the wonderful folks at 1705 Prime did an amazing job for our wedding reception! We have heard so many compliments on the amazing food and the gorgeous 1705 Prime! Jenn was always responsive to emails, despite how many I sent her!! She was fantastic to work with from the beginning and was flexible throughout the entire process. In fact, we often had difficult schedules and short notice to meet with her as we were planning from out of state, and she went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. We did a buffet dinner and only heard wonderful things about the food! It was delicious -- and yes, I did actually get to eat on my wedding day! Thanks for that!! The whole day went so smoothly and everyone had a great time! 1705 far exceeded our expectations and Jenn Carlin is absolutely amazing!! Would highly recommend their services to any of my friends getting married!

Sent on 11/03/2013

ERIN · Married on 10/12/2013

Amazing!!! I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my special day. So great to work with and everything went so smooth. I wouldn't have changed a thing! Also food was fantastic!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

My wedding reception was at 1705 Prime, and I had the best experience with them. Every guest raved about the service, how amazing the food was, and how attentive and pleasant the staff was. I would recommend 1705 Prime for any event.

Sent on 01/08/2014
  • W

Willie · Married on 10/04/2013

OMG!!! They were so AWESOME with the food and the right on time service! This venue was perfect and intimate just what my wife and I was looking for! The food was perfect and nothing like anything I had ever had before! I have recommended a then to at least 6 couples to have their reception there and will do it again and again!

Sent on 04/09/2014

The staff was extremely wonderful and the food was delicious!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Jenn was very quick to respond to all of my emails and calls! Dakota was also fantastic as she got me everything I needed during the night of th event. They both helped the event to go smoothly and helped me keep calm! The late night food was so good and they even saved me some chicken and waffles to take back after the reception.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Shannon · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I used Rocky Top Catering for our wedding reception at the Blue Zone in Kenan Stadium and have nothing but EXCELLENT things to say:

Alison Purdee is amazing at what she does - she organized our entire day, met up to help us cart additional items into the reception venue. She reassured us of everything. And due to a rain delay, she was flexible the day-of with rescheduling my husband and my entrance time. I want to have my wedding all over again thanks to her.

Rocky Top Catering is, in three words: delicious, personalized, and professional. Not only is their food delicious, but their menu was open to suggestions and favorites. I loved that my husband and I were able to choose what we liked (Southern food) and make changes - there was no set menu or set price. It felt like our wedding. Finally, the staff we had under Alison was all smiles, professional and just made that wedding evening feel like a dream.

THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Bret · Married on 06/08/2013

Working with rocky top throughout the whole process was excellent. The food and drinks were great and the accommodated every menu request we had!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Tara · Married on 05/31/2013

Rocky Top Hospitality did an outstanding job! The food, service, & Kevin (catering manager) were amazing! I would highly encourage everyone to seek their services for such a special day!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

Many of the guests have commented that the food was "the best they have ever had at a wedding!"
    Jenn and staff were great--I would definitely use the venue in the future, as well as recommend the services to others.

Sent on 06/03/2013

David · Married on 05/04/2013

Staff was outstanding, food was excellent and everyone had a great time. The steaks by Chris got lots of compliments, and the Chocolate Granash Cake was INCREDIBLE. Jen was a pleasure to work with and meet all of our needs as we worked long distance together.

Sent on 05/23/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/27/2013

We chose Rocky Top after it was highly recommended by several of our other vendors. Being from out of town, I was hesitant to let my family do the tasting, but the food was absolutely phenomenal. They have an extensive menu to choose from and lots of different options for the format. My now-husband and I literally didn't sit down the entire evening but the staff went out of their way to box up some of everything!! Eating it later, we really regretted not getting to try it at the reception. The staff was absolutely as well- some of the most professional people I've worked with. They were very attentive to guests' needs and even came outside and made sure the bridal party got some of the passed hors d'oeuvres and drinks while waiting to go into the reception. They also made sure the two of us had a fresh drink in hand all evening, which we are so grateful for! They exceeded expectations and we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Carrie · Married on 03/23/2013

Best company ever! I was satisfied from start to finish and have no complaints about anything. They delivered above expectations!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/16/2013

We had Rocky Top as our caterer for our buffet dinner at our reception. The food was absolutely amazing. Everyone came up to us afterwards saying how delicious everything was. I liked how they offer a tasting night where you can go for dinner and sample certain things that they would serve. The people working the reception were so nice and always made sure my husband and I had a drink in our hand :) Jenn was great to work with too!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Rachael · Married on 10/27/2012

We LOVED Rocky Top for our wedding! Kevin and his team were fantastic- went above and beyond on everything. The food was so wonderful- people just raved about it! We 100% recommend Rocky Top!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Amy · Married on 09/02/2012

Rocky Top catering and 1705 Prime did a fabulous job on our wedding! The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful, and Jenn Carlin was great to work with. We heard great feedback from many of our guests on the excellent and attentive waitstaff and bartenders. Everyone there was ready to help us out! The value of the food and venue is excellent, I highly recommend 1705 Prime to anyone looking for a place to hold their wedding reception.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Song · Married on 08/31/2012

Our wedding and reception at 1705 Prime was an incredibly professional and smooth experience from start to finish. The staff was extremely attentive to our guests as well as ourselves and the food was phenomenal. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Mrs. Christie H~

Christie · Married on 08/11/2012

Our wedding was perfect. Jenn and Kella did an incredible job. They were so easy to work with. Everything was wonderful- the food was delicious- we are still getting compliments on the food! The bar service was quick, everything was set out perfectly. Kella worked our event and she made sure that the timeline was kept, which was such a blessing. The employees working our event were kind, impeccably dressed and very professional. I think my favorite part was the cake table up against the glass wine cellar- AMAZING!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2012

Rocky Top Catering / 1705 Prime is a superb caterer/vendor. Their food is very good and their service is top notch. We had a wonderful experience working with the Rocky Top team from the tastings, to the walk through, to meeting all of our requests/needs. Kevin DeHimer was our personal coordinator of events and he was absolutely great! He was there for us every step of the way and on the day of our wedding, he made sure everything occurred on time and to our request. I would definitely use Rocky Top Catering for any events in the future and I HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Sent on 07/28/2012

Casey · Married on 07/14/2012

I can not say enough about 1705 and their staff. Jenn was a complete jewel and we will remain friends for life!! :)

The value of what we received (food, service, and everything in between) FAR exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic and my guests have raved about it every since. The venue was gorgeous and everyone there treated us like we were royalty! I just can't say enough!! I really feel blessed to have signed a contract with 1705!!

Thanks to EVERYONE that made our day wonderful!! You guys ROCK!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Rocky Top was so friendly and professional! We loved having them provide catering for our wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2012

One word to describe Rocky Top's food - DELICIOUS!!! If you are in the market for catering services, make it easy for yourself and choose Rocky Top. Kevin is an amazing person to work with and always offered suggestions and services that made our wedding food that much better. If you sceptical, go to one of Rocky Top's many open house events. I went with my husband and parents to one of their events in Raleigh and my dad still talks about how amazing the food and entertainment were.

Rocky Top truely sets the bar for all catering service companies in NC, and trust me, you will want to work with them!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2012

There aren't enough positive words to describe our amazing experience with Rocky Top Catering and 1705 Prime as our wedding reception venue! We had an absolutely beautiful wedding that went off without a hitch due to the talent and professionalism of the Rocky Top team. We worked closely with Kevin who helped us make all the important decisions for our big day. Our guests were more than impressed with their delicious food and the lounge area added another level of fun to the party.

As we planned, there was always someone available to meet with us to answer questions or allow us inside the venue to check things out which made our experience very easy and stress free. The venue itself is modern and cozy and perfect for an initimate wedding!

We HIGHLY recommend Rocky Top Catering and 1705 Prime to host your wedding or cater your special event!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Pamela · Married on 04/15/2012

I held my wedding and reception at 1705 prime yesterday and was so satisfied that I couldn't wait to post my review. From the delicious dinner to the friendly, patient and super helpful employees at 1705 prime everything was beyond my expectations. At 1705 Prime they make it so you don't have to think. During our photo session outside they brought out hourderves and made sure the bridal party was satisfied and though we did a buffet style dinner they served all of the children at their tables. They also served my husband and I which meant a lot to me as I've heard many stories of the bride and groom missing out on their cake and dinner. They assisted in setup and take down of the Centerpieces and all of my guests were super impressed. I love 1705 Prime and Kevin Dehimer rocks!!!

Sent on 04/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 03/15/2012

Jenn Carlin was wonderful from the word go! She provided me with names of a photographer, cake person and table settings. Jenn was wonderful to work with. I would reccommend her and 1705 Prime to everyone. Our wedding was a wonderful success mainly because of all of Jenn's assistance!

Sent on 03/19/2012