1705 East Reviews

1705 East 3
1705 East 4
1705 East 5
1705 East 6

We booked 1705 Prime for our reception venue for our wedding last weekend! The venue space is beautiful, the food was excellent, and the separate bar wowed the guests! The staff was friendly and welcoming to my many questions during the wedding planning process! We couldn't of asked for a better venue!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Janet · event on 01/02/2015

Our event was a wedding celebration (not reception) which did not really fit any of the above categories. But beyond that everything was wonderful. We provided our own desserts but the catering staff plated everything added a few goodies and it looked great. The buffet was excellent and the service warm, friendly and extremely helpful.
    The venue was perfect as there was space for dinner and dancing, space for conversation and a very nice bar!

Sent on 01/12/2015

We worked with Elizabeth at Rocky Top the whole planning of our catering for our wedding. She and her staff were great! We must have met with her half a dozen times before we decided on a menu and structure that worked for us. She was patient and attentive the whole time. She would even follow up with me when she hadn't heard back in a while and made everything was perfect for the big day. The food was great and the wait staff was awesome. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, everyone's glasses stayed full and everyone had a smile on their faces. so glad to have gone with this vendor. You can tell they have done this before and are great at what they do. They are true professionals.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Kevin was amazing! He was super responsive and willing to work within our budget and within our vision. Everyone has raved about his attentiveness at the event, the small details they assisted with and the great food! From the very beginning I was always glad I choose them for the space and for the catering.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Kimberly · event on 10/18/2014

Such an amazing experience with Rocky Top. Elizabeth and Ryan were top notch and the staff who helped them were great!! Everyone who attended raved about the food and how fantastic it was. Fantastic job!! A+

Sent on 10/20/2014

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2014

When we started looking for venues for our wedding, we were overwhelmed by the number of places in the Raleigh area. We visited 1705 Prime and met with Jenn, and immediately knew this was the venue we were going to be married in.
    Jenn is knowledgeable about everything that happens with 1705 Prime and Rocky Top Catering. She answers all of your questions professionally and provides suggestions for your event. In our initial meeting, we told her the vision of the day, and our desired budget - and she never lost sight of either through the entire planning process. She can recommend vendors that fit your needs and budget, and will blow you away!
    The chef and other staff are very professional, friendly, and trustworthy.

This was the biggest day of our lives, and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Jenn and the whole staff at 1705 Prime were so great to work with! They took such good care of us through the planning process and especially the day of the wedding reception! We had a wonderful time and didn't have to worry about a thing - they are pros at this and have it all covered. We're so grateful and highly recommend them! :)

Sent on 10/09/2014

Michaelle · Married on 09/20/2014

Incredible venue and food! We were coming from out of town and 1705 Prime made our rehearsal dinner fabulous. The entire evening flowed beautifully. The staff was professional, friendly and very attentive to all our needs. I wish they were in our hometown so we could use them for our wedding coming up in November!
    I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/29/2014

N/A · Married on 09/03/2014

Kevin and his staff are amazing. The food is outstanding. The service is attentive and professional. My presentation is on point and my guests are still talking about how its the best wedding food they have ever had. I can't thank them enough for being part of my wedding. Truly wonderful and one of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Keke · Married on 08/02/2014

We were very pleased with the service provided by Rockytop. The very few and minor hick ups that we encountered were handled very professionally and seamless to our guests.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2014

Kevin and his team were hands down the reason why my ceremony and reception were more than perfect! He paid attention to every detail, kept our budget in mind, stepped in when he saw the need and, the reason why my expectations were exceeded by a long shot. Love love love this team. Oh, and the food is spectacular!

Sent on 07/28/2014

LeighAnn · Married on 06/14/2014

We used Rocky Top /1705 Prime , Fresh Affairs Florest / Lyn for the wedding Planner and The Grand Marque in Garner for the venue, it was over the top! Kevin was amazing we had signature drinks Watermelon Fiz with gin, bacon wrapped scallops, crab cakes, chicken sliders during cocktails and for the dinner we had sea bass, filets and herb chicken. Everyone went on and on how good the food was. Kevin was so helpful with everything we asked and I feel like I have a new friend. He has a calm gentle nature that is great to work with. He took the stressful party of a wedding and made it amazing! Did I mention I loved working with Kevin! Great company food tasting was fun and can not say enough about him!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2014

Rocky Top was absolutely amazing during the wedding reception! The staff was friendly, fun, attentive and professional. The food was excellent. All of our guests said it was absolutely the best wedding food they have ever had. I never had to worry about anything. It was perfect. I highly recommend to anyone planning a large event. It is worth every penny!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Janine · Married on 05/17/2014

The staff of 1705 made our wedding fantastic. We enjoyed every moment of the day. The food was spectacular and our guests (and the bridal party) have been raving about the wedding ever since. I (the bride) woke up with a terrible sore throat on the day of the wedding and throughout the reception 1705 staff checked in on me and brought me the perfect drink to feel better.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Susan · Married on 04/26/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at 1705 Prime and it couldn't have been more beautiful! We were so happy to find a wonderful space and fantastic catering, all in one! Kevin and Jenn were great to work with and always able to help with questions. When I showed up for the rehearsal, the stress had totally set in and they were ready to help with anything I needed and immediately helped me relax before the big day. People are still telling us what an amazing time they had and how much they loved the food. Best night ever!!!!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2014

Jenn was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful through the whole process. The staff was wonderful and helped to make the whole event go smoothly. Our guest were comfortable and loved the venue.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Emily · Married on 03/22/2014

Wonderful venue and delicious food. All employees very helpful! Wonderful time was had by all.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Cody · Married on 03/22/2014

Great food. Will use them again.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Marcy · Married on 02/15/2014

I was incredibly impressed with you and your staff and I can be hard to please! I will suggest you to my friends and colleagues. It was as we had hoped for and largely due to your team's extraordinary efforts. Loving the leftovers today again!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 01/18/2014

Kevin, Jenn, and the entire staff at 1705 Prime made our wedding day run so smoothly and worry-free, I can't say enough good things about them. They took care of everything and I could really tell that they sincerely wanted to make our special day unforgettable. The service from waiter to bartender to cook to coordinator was absolutely top notch. The venue looked so amazing! It literally took my breath away. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests on the food and the atmosphere at the wedding. Without a doubt, 1705 Prime made our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 01/28/2014

We are so happy that we chose Rocky Top to cater our daughter's wedding. The staff was capable, friendly, attentive and reliable. On top of that, the food was wonderful and a great value for the cost. I would definitely use them in the future to cater any event.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Oh my gosh. I cannot even begin to explain how GLAD I am that we went with Rocky Top Catering for our vendor. Jenn Carlin is AMAZING. My husband and I initially met with her in September 2013 and had our wedding on Nov 30, 2013. For only two months of planning and with my crazy-pregnancy brain, Jenn was absolutely the number one person I had on my team. She offered us so many food options to stay within our budget. We were even allowed to provide the alcohol ourselves and used their bartenders.

Working up to the wedding day, Jenn met with us to pick out our linen rentals. She even was our advocate when it came to changing the linens and dinnerware to match better with our budget. THAT was extremely helpful.

When it came to the wedding day itself, we didn't hire a wedding planner. Jenn was there the whole time to help direct the order of events and line up people to walk down the aisle. Again, I can't say enough here about how fantastic she was. I would absolutely recommend her service and this company to anyone.

She allowed us to have our rehearsal dinner at 1705 Prime the night before. The food was INCREDIBLE. On our wedding day, the food was incredible as well (even though we didn't eat much - busy busy with guests!). People still can't stop talking about the food and it's been two months.

I just want to say if you are worrying about the prices of this catering company, which actually was the biggest expense of our wedding, if you can handle it, do it. It's WORTH it. It will save you a giant headache and you won't have to worry about a thing on your wedding day. I planned my wedding in two months with a baby on the way and felt like Jenn was the number one person I could trust to handle the food, the service, and other wedding details I didn't even think of. Go with this company!! You won't regret it.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Suzanne · Married on 11/23/2013

Everyone at Rocky Top Catering was so friendly and helpful. They did exactly what we wanted and also offered suggestions and advice that made our special day so wonderful. I never doubted them for a second. Jenn Carlin was amazing!!! She responded in lightening speed to every email and phone call I made to her and always in a friendly and professional manner.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Gia · Married on 11/09/2013

Jenn from Rocky Top was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was so responsive and I would recommend their services to anyone who needs catering at their next event. Not only was she responsive she was able to deal with my scatter brian, crazy ADD and random questions I had about my event. Their team took care of our guests the entire night and made us feel so special! Please book Rocky Top for your next event and ask for Jenn Carlin! =)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Jacqueline · Married on 11/02/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Kevin DeHimer and I do mean PLEASURE!
    Kevin was simply awesome, helped us each and every step of the way. I had NO stress what so ever. Everything was handled perfectly from day one, right to the end of our event! We were so thrilled with the end result! We along with Kevin and the staff gave our daughter and her husband the Wedding they dreamed off. We highly recommend them, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/21/2013