1423 Events Reviews

67 | Baltimore, MD

67 Reviews for 1423 Events

Chenee · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Sara was amazing! From our initial phone call to the very last minute of our wedding day, She was organized, had great ideas and kept everyone in check! I relied on her to make decisions when I was not present and every decision was the exact one I would have made. She relived all of my stress and I did not worry about a thing the whole day! I have nothing but the best things to say about her! Thank You again to Sara for helping to make our day incredible!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2017

When you're planning a wedding, you have so many decision to make! Deciding to have Sara Timmins from 1423 Events as my day-of-coordinator was the best decision I made... hands down! Sara was thorough, detail-oriented, and made sure that every single detail was executed perfectly. I tend to be an anxious person, but Sara put my mind at ease because she was willing to go over all details in the days leading up to the wedding, and was willing and able to take control when the day arrived. I love Sara's type A personality and her "Get it Done" attitude. During the reception, Sara worked seamlessly with the DJ and catering staff to make the night flawless. I can't tell you how many guests reached out after the wedding and said how impressed they were with the reception. I give all the credit to Sara! My sister is getting married this upcoming Summer - and the first thing out of my mouth after she announced her engagement was "Hire Sara Timmins!"

Sent on 01/11/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/06/2017

Erin and Sara were both great! We had two in-person meetings before the wedding, one with both Erin and Sara and a second one with Sara. They were very flexible and responsive, and super easy to work with. On our wedding day, Sara set up everything, from the tables to the aisle flower mason jars. She arranged everything beautifully and rolled with the punches, including changes in the timeline and complications due to the cold and rainy weather. She gave us helpful suggestions about when everything should happen and kept everyone on pace throughout the evening. All in all, we really couldn't be happier with the excellent job Sara did for us. I highly, highly recommend the Wedding Assistant of Baltimore for day-of coordination services!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Sam · Married on 10/08/2016

Erin is outstandingly capable, hard-working, easy-going, and friendly. My partner and I really enjoyed meeting her before the wedding and working with her on the big day. She was the perfect addition to our celebration. Not only did she help with all things we asked about, but she also made several of her own invaluable recommendations. She used her own experience, both personal and professional, to guide us. Everything went smoothly both before and during the day's events, and we felt relaxed throughout. We're so happy we had the luck of securing her help. Thanks so much, Wedding Assistant of Baltimore!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Henry · Married on 10/01/2016

I would definitely recommend Erin. When we first started planning we weren't sure if we needed a day of coordinator. However, after meeting with Erin and hearing about all her experience and insight with weddings it really sealed the deal. She is incredibly knowledgable about all things wedding. We worked with her to develop a timeline that fit the specific vision of our day. She was extremely helpful in pointing out any details we had missed. Erin was also so friendly and flexible throughout the planning process. On the day of she helped with set up and made sure everything looked perfect while we were able to take photos at the venue before guests arrived. Throughout the evening she kept things moving and on schedule. Thanks to her we could focus on spending time with our guests and enjoy the day we had worked so hard to put together. Erin was instrumental in assisting to create and execute the perfect wedding day. If you want to actually enjoy the day and not stress about the details, contact Erin!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/10/2016

Erin was such a blessing to us on our special day! She made sure everything ran smoothly, she was very responsive to any questions or concerns that we had, she is friendly and personable, and if it weren't for her I don't think I would have enjoyed our day nearly as much as we did. Her pricing is very reasonable, and I would highly recommend her to anyone in the area who needs a day-of wedding coordinator. Thank you, Erin, for helping to making our day perfect :)

Sent on 09/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2016

Where do I begin? Let me put this simply: Erin is amazing. A bride's dream. Everything I could have asked for and more. Not only did she far exceed my expectations, but my now husband's and our parents' expectations too!

I had desperately wanted a day-of wedding coordinator - someone who would allow me to do all the fun planning stuff but would be there to execute my vision and coordinate the behind the scenes action the day of. It took a bit of convincing by me to my family that I *needed* one, but it worked and looking back, they are so glad we took the plunge and hired Erin, and so am I!

Erin was flexible and made sure we met before the wedding to make sure we were a good fit and were both on the same page. She also came to the rehearsal and handled it like a pro impressing everyone! The day of the wedding, she set up all of the décor beautifully and handled everything behind the scenes SO WELL that I didn't even know what was going on, and that was amazing! She was there every time I needed her and guided us seamlessly throughout the day. She is reasonable but worth every penny. I would recommend Erin to any bride and groom in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/16/2016

(DAY OF COORDINATOR) I was very hesitant to hire anybody to help my wedding day go smoothly. I thought I was very organized and didn't see the value. I am so grateful that my sister had an intervention and made me hire a day-of coordinator. I chose Erin because she was affordable and had great reviews. She was priceless. We met a couple of times before the wedding to talk about the plan for the day. She brought great perspective and suggestions to my wedding. She always responded to my emails very quickly. The day of the wedding, I was pretty anxious, but seeing Erin and knowing she was there to execute my plan made all of the difference. I was truly able to let go and not think about all of the details, from paying vendors to what time the band was supposed to come on. She is so kind and very organized. I highly recommend Erin. My friends and family could not stop raving about her!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Katherine · Married on 04/23/2016

Erin was wonderful to work with as our day-of-coordinator. We decided to hire a day-of-coordinator relatively late in our wedding planning, but she jumped right in and helped us figure out what we had left to do (and how to do it) in the last few weeks before the wedding. She was friendly and personable during the two in-person meetings we had with her prior to the wedding and prompt and helpful in her responses to email and phone calls. On the day-of, she was a godsend - it was so nice to know that she had all the details under control on our wedding day. The day was beautiful and ran smoothly - and I know it wouldn't have run nearly as smoothly without Erin's help!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Joy · Married on 08/29/2015

I have to say that hiring Erin was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Looking back, I don't know what I would have done without her there. I was able to totally enjoy myself and not worry about a thing! She had everything under control and even ahead of schedule! I had a tough time finding a wedding planner. Most of the planners I came across wanted to help with decor, vendor selection, etc (which I was excited to take care of on my own) and cost a small fortune. I was so happy to find Erin as she was exactly what I was looking for! She met us twice before the wedding to go over day-of logistics AND was super helpful with giving advice on 'wedding etiquette'. We had a pretty strict budget for our wedding so after some research I was almost certain I could not afford a wedding planner, but Erin was able to offer a price that I felt comfortable with. My husband and I agree she was worth every penny, even more! All of my bridesmaids and family kept telling me how impressed they were with her throughout the day.... she wouldn't let them lift a finger. If you are looking for a day of planner, you MUST call Erin.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/14/2015

Erin was everything we could have asked for in a day-of coordinator! At first, we were both little hesitant to hire someone to run our wedding, having experienced pushy, in-your-face coordinators at other people’s weddings. But Erin couldn’t have been further from that type of personality! She was extremely friendly and personable to not only us, but also to our wedding party, our guests, and our vendors (who all made a point of telling us how much they liked working with her!). She made everything run smoothly from set-up through the end of the night, managing to keep the timing of the day flowing perfectly while staying behind the scenes. She made the entire wedding feel like it ran effortlessly on its own, allowing us to truly relax and enjoy our day!

Erin was also wonderfully helpful in the months leading up to our wedding. She is extremely knowledgeable about wedding logistics and event flow, and even though we only hired her for day-of coordination, she was more than happy to answer any questions we had along the way. She was also instrumental in developing the schedule for the wedding day and reached out to our vendors in advance to ensure they knew who she was and that they could come to her with questions. We were thrilled with our decision to hire Erin and highly recommend her for your wedding coordination needs!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Arin · Married on 08/02/2015

Erin was hugely helpful as our day of event coordinator! She kept everyone focused and things flowing while keeping me calm :-) Thanks Erin!!!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Rynda · Married on 07/18/2015

Deciding to work with Erin was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. While we planned our own wedding, we realized we needed a professional in charge the day of, to make sure everything went smoothly. Initially, we found a few day-of-coordinators that we spoke with over the phone. But Erin immediately impressed us when she already knew the details of our ceremony from doing her research and finding our wedding website online! Right away, we knew that we wanted to work with her. During the planning process she was always available - quick to respond to any e-mails, text messages or calls (even during the week that she was on vacation!). And whenever I had any questions or needed advice on wedding etiquette, she had the answer. During our meetings, she was very organized in going through her checklist to make sure we had covered everything we needed. There were definitely things we didn't think of and we're glad she thought to ask! Our wedding also included a Navy sword arch and a Korean tea ceremony - both of which Erin was not familiar with in the beginning. But she familiarized herself with both so that she knew how things should be run. She was a pleasure to work with and she was polite and professional not just with us, but with our parents and our guests. Towards the end of planning, when things got a bit hectic with last minute details and vendor inquiries, Erin stepped in to take care of all those details and made sure that we were calm and relaxed leading up to the big day. In the midst of the craziness that naturally comes with the wedding day, Erin was always by my side with a big smile, keeping me calm and making sure that I was happy. Also, we'd like to thank Sarah, her assistant who worked so diligently to make sure our favor and gift tables as well as our 25 centerpieces were all set up perfectly! Our day was better than what we had envisioned and we know that it wouldn't have been possible without Erin and Sarah! Thank you both SO much!

Sent on 08/11/2015

1423 Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL review Rynda! You and Albert were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we wish you nothing but the very best! :)

Sara · event on: 06/18/2013

While employed together at a local company, Erin was the event manager that I worked with for multiple events a year, over several years. In that time, Erin handled every detail of the planning and day of execution with professional precision. She is absolutely delightful to work with and I'd trust her with any of my event assistance needs. Extremely friendly and knowledgable, plus detail oriented with a "let's get it done" attitude that will lead any event, especially weddings, to absolute success.

Sent on 01/02/2015

emily · Married on 08/25/2012

Erin was amazing! My daughter and I interviewed several Day of Coordinators before meeting Erin. From the moment we met Erin, we knew she was the one. She totally understood my daughter's vision and was excited to be part of her special day. Erin was readily available and always had a quick response to any of our questions or concerns. Erin's knowledge and experience allowed us to have the perfect wedding!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Heidi · Married on 10/27/2013

Erin was an absolute godsend. Not only did she keep our photo session, wedding and reception (separate date) seamlessly on track, she did so with a polish and grace unexpected in an event assistant. Erin gelled extremely well with our guests and venue contact points. I would do it all over again simply to invite Erin as a guest!

Sent on 03/30/2015

ndj827 · Married on 11/01/2019

2.2
      1.0
      1.0

Totally Different Experience from other Reviewers

We were very unhappy with Erin at our wedding in November. It seems everyone else leaving reviews had a great experience with her, so I'm really confused about mine. She and our caterer/venue had been complaining in September about how difficult their October wedding couples were, and I think they must have distracted Erin to the point that she neglected my husband and I. However, she should have referred us to a different day-of coordinator if that was the case.

Erin seemed capable and clear in her explanations during her initial meeting with my husband and I. Unfortunately, though, she left us feeling confused whenever we had questions for her during the planning process, including questions about the services she would provide us. She's very good at promoting herself and her abilities, but me, my husband, and my mom were disappointed in how disorganized and chaotic our wedding felt. Erin was nowhere to be found at multiple points when we needed her, especially during cocktail hour, leading my mom to get so overwhelmed that I had to comfort her in my bridal suite while she cried. Our contract with Erin stated she would ensure a "smooth transition" between ceremony and reception, but I couldn't tell if there was any effort to do that on her part. Our contract with Erin also promised us that she would "... ensure [we] would stick to [our] desired timeline", but our wedding became so disorganized that some of our guests were just starting their meals after we cut our dessert and had our first dance! I know this because I saw them sitting at their tables and asked them why they weren't dancing. Erin also did not keep us in the loop about these hiccups - I'm sure every bride may not feel the same way, but if there's an issue that I can see, I would want my day-of coordinator to acknowledge it and tell me how it can/will be addressed. There are other services that Erin claimed she would provide but failed to do so, but I don't need to beat a dead horse - suffice it to say, we feel that she oversold herself and her abilities in her contract.

I regret hiring Erin for my wedding because there was no need for the level of confusion and disappointment she brought us. All we wanted was someone who could reduce our stress, not add to it.

Sent on 01/07/2020