1314 Studio Reviews

1314 Studio 3
1314 Studio 4
1314 Studio 5

Candice · Married on 10/27/2012

Beautiful, amazing, thoughtful, story telling photography! Any Bride and Groom would be overly-satisfied working with 1314 studio for their special day. Their website absolutely portrays the quality of work you will receive. We wanted very natural, in the moment photography for our day and were so incredibly happy with not only the beautiful work, but how they told the story of our celebration. We had both outdoor and indoor photos and were impressed with their indoor-low lighting work, important for a October wedding in New Jersey.

Emily is a total rockstar! She is professional, thoughtful, and just plain awesome. She was extremely accommodating even when we were a month out and needed help. She rearranged a prior engagement to work with us and I can't thank her more. James and I both highly recommend their services and were impressed with their passion and work from start to finish.

-Candice & James Londino

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

Finding a photographer was one of the most important things on my wedding planning to-do list. I wanted to find a photographer that would do both an engagement shoot and our wedding day. I found Emily’s website and was just awed at her previous work. I had done a lot of research and found that some major photographers had some less than desirable work: cheesy poses, uninspiring shots, and nothing really memorable. I loved looking through Emily’s website, each style of photography looked like it was best suited for each client. We emailed and set up a date to meet. She was always really quick to reply to emails and was very detailed in asking us what we wanted from her.

On the day of the wedding she and her assistant Hal showed up promptly (they were actually early, getting a feel for our ceremony and reception location). We had done the engagement shoot with her so were already comfortable with what she’d do and what she’d ask of us, but she was also such a calming presence I felt like she was just another family member. During the reception, I didn’t even realize she was there taking pictures, she was so unobtrusive. I’ve been to weddings where a photographer shoved me off a dance floor to take a picture.

A few weeks after the wedding we received a link to a slideshow page set to a song that you can share with friends and family. She’ll then give you a link to the proofs where you can choose which photos you’d like for your wedding album. I recommend adding the wedding album on to your package. The quality is amazing and worth it. I believe most photographers will stop there, requiring you to buy proofs from them. Emily actually gives you your pictures (I mean…you already paid for them!) in a flash drive. It came in a beautiful keepsake box. Even the jump drive was specially made with our names on it and the date of our wedding.

I cannot recommend Emily and 1314 Studio enough. I had faith that I’d love our photographs, and I was not disappointed.

There are no words to describe what an AMAZING job both Emily & Hao did covering our wedding and pre wedding events. From the moment we contacted Emily about 1314’s packages to receiving the STUNNING pictures after the wedding, it was a very smooth process working with Emily and her team.

The whole experience was really easy & hassle free. They really take out the time to understand the couple, the event, ask and answer questions without sounding irritated, which was such a relief – and definitely sets them apart from their competitors.

Now the pics – both our families and us were left SPEECHLESS with all the amazing pictures they took!!! The quality of their pictures was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and EVERYONE we have shown the pictures to has been blown away. Emily & Hao are a TERRIFIC team with an AMAZING eye for detail – from the angles to the colors & the poses they asked to do – nothing short of amazing & the process was effortless. They are very creative & their passion and unique eye for detail is reflected in their pics.

They told our story in a magical way – more than we could have asked for or even have imagined! The tough part now is trying to decide which pictures we want printed & enlarged!! From the creative shots to the slide show they created and the note accompanying the beautifully packaged USB of all the pics, their personal touch really makes one feel special and adds to the warm memories they helped create J

Had we known what we know now, we would saved on hours of research & hired them on the spot!!

1314 – you guys are awesome and we wish you all the best & success! We would refer you to anyone (and have been) in a heartbeat!!

• User2922087 · 2+ years ago

Emily is amazing! There is no other photographer to chose when it's decision time. She is incredibly talented and so wonderful to work with- professional, great vision, flexible, thoughful, everything you would want. Our experience was nothing short of perfect. Our pictures were beautiful and the colors were bright and lively- exactly what I was going for. Everyone that saw them said they were the best they'd ever seen- even more than their own =) The digital files came on a personalized USB in customized packaging that reflecxted our style. we LOVE 1314studio.

Suparna · Married on 05/27/2012

We had a wonderful experience with Emily for both our engagement and wedding photography. She is extremely patient, thoughtful, and artistic. Her talent, creativity and attention to detail is phenomenal. Everyone who saw my pictures said they were the best they had ever seen - the colors were beautiful and what she is able to capture is amazing.
    She is also great at making you feel at ease and natural. She and her assistant, at our wedding, were incredibly efficient and quick with everything they did. And most importantly, they are both great people. We were lucky to have found Studio 1314. I have not seen talent like this anywhere else. Thank you!

Amy · Married on 01/21/2012

We're so happy we found Emily at 1314 for our wedding photos. We loved her photography style and after meeting her, knew she'd be perfect for our style wedding (1920s vintage, urban, with a sophisticated evening feel). We did not want the usual cookie-cutter or cheesy wedding photography (I'm a graphic designer so the style of photo was VERY important to me.)

Emily and her assistant were so professional up to, during, and after the wedding: on time, unobtrusive, but still getting all the shots we wanted (and things we didn't know we wanted!)

The photos look AMAZING. She really did wonders with the space and lighting, and us! The photos were done and delivered so quickly, and we really couldn't be happier. Also, her prices were very fair and she was flexible with packages and prints, so we really got exactly what we wanted. I HIGHLY recommend 1314.

Bonnie · Married on 12/31/2011

We chose 1314 Studio Photography to shoot our wedding and we can not express how happy we are with our decision. From our 1st meeting, to our engagment photo shoot and all through our new year's eve wedding this past December 31, 2011, Emily was professional, patient, artistic, and just an absolute delight to work with. Hal her partner who we met on the day of the wedding was great also! Our engagement photos were beautiful and everyone that saw them loved them. Additionally numerous people in our wedding party commented on how much they loved our photographers and how good they were with organizing and getting the shots they wanted in a timely manner. If you want quality photos from quality photographers call 1314 studio photography to set up an appointment to look over a package that suits your needs. Best wishes from the newlyweds!

• O

Kinga · Married on 09/24/2011

1314 STUDIO/Emily is an absolute professional and a great wedding photographer! She really knows how to take great shots! She and her team got amazing pictures of us, our family and friends on the wedding day. They captured all the important moments and details of the day. 2 hrs before the wedding ceremony, we had our wedding session taken in a park and the pictures are gorgeous! Emily, knew exactly how to position us for the shots and was guiding us nicely throughout the photo session. She also did all our special request shots. At the wedding reception Emily and her team were absolutely invisible and silent. We are so happy that we choose 1314 Studio- it is true that marriage is only once in a lifetime so get it right!
    A couple months before the wedding ceremony we also had an engagement session done by 1314 STUDIO-the pictures are stunning!
    And when you receive the originals from her you will be totally surprised by the elegance, professionalism, delicacy, great taste and modern style of the package, We loved it! Kinga&Dan

J&C · Married on 09/03/2011

We chose 1314 studios after first being blown away by the work on the website. What really closed the deal was meeting Emily in person. We knew right away that she was going to produce the results we were looking for: modern, artistic and stunning photos that would capture the once in a lifetime fairytale we were living. Her prices are extremely competitive and I can't imagine getting more value than we received. No joke, almost every person who sees our wedding book says it is the nicest or one of the most amazing they have ever seen. We agree!

We can't thank Emily enough for her professionalism and patience throughout the whole process. She worked with us on every detail and went above an beyond to make sure we were comfortable and 100% satisfied. We feel so lucky to have selected 1314 studios and urge anyone in the market for a pro photographer to take a long look her way. Trust us, you will be thankful you did!

Lorraine · Married on 07/16/2011

We couldn't have been happier with our experience using 1314 Studio for our engagement and wedding photos. We spent a lot of time and energy choosing a photographer for our wedding, and we feel we made the perfect choice. From the very first email, Emily was extremely professional and quick to respond to our questions. She and her assistant photographer quickly put us at ease during our engagement session, even though we were both a bit nervous. Those photos came out beautifully, and we were so pleased that we displayed the engagement photos at our wedding reception to rave reviews. Emily and her team were very good at positioning us and giving good guidance for poses. Most people are not naturally good at modeling, but her instructions made us like fashion models on our wedding day. Her tips even helped me look better in the candid photos taken at our wedding! We also got several compliments from our wedding guests about how polite and unobtrusive they were, letting the day unfold naturally without interrupting or getting in the way. On top of that, they are easygoing and fun to work with, which was a huge plus. Weddings can be very stressful, but we knew we were in good hands with 1314 Studio. The quality of their work is superb. My husband, a photographer himself, was very impressed with the technical skills they displayed in capturing our wedding in challenging conditions (bright sunlight on the beach). In short, we highly recommend 1314 Studio!

Jing · Married on 05/04/2009

We used 1314 studio for our wedding a few months ago and we have to say we absolutely loved them. They are very professional and yet very fun to work with. We do not feel stressed at all. All of the pictures are spectacular, with fun poses, beautiful surroundings, and everyone smiling.

We were also extremely impressed with their level of work ethic and customer service. Our wedding is held in Boston, MA, but their location is in NJ. They drove all the way from NJ to Boston and stayed here in a hotel for two days for our wedding!

Their price is also reasonable, especially considering their level of talent and personal service.

We highly recommend them. Thank you so much!

Zenas · Married on 08/27/2008

We had a great experience with the photographers. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. The moments they help us captured will be with us for a lifetime. They were willing to go out of their way for us. We had a last minute booking since our original photographer double booked, however, 1314 Studio had no problems accommodating us on such short notice. We couldn't be happier with how things turned out. The portraits turned out sharp and the colors were amazing. They even took pictures of things we would never think of that adds a great touch of personalization. We will recommend them to all our friends and family.

Ram · Married on 06/12/2016

Khoa did a wonderful job at catching candid photo for our pre wedding album.We liked all the photographs. He made us fell very comfortable throughout the photo shoot. I would surely recommend Khoa for any candid photography assignments.

Barry · Married on 09/03/2011

Hi Emily,
    We are the parents of Carly Newhouse.
    I want to thank you for doing a wonderful job photographing my daughters wedding.
    You have a real creative flair.
    The albums are beautiful.
    JOB WELL DONE.

Thanks again,
    Rita and Barry Goldring

3.8
      3.5

Emily's work is amazing. She truly captures those moments that normal photographers miss.

Tanvi · Married on 07/02/2016

3.4
      3.0

My husband and I had Khoa as our photographer to shoot our pre-wedding event, our Hindu (Telugu) wedding ceremony and our reception. Khoa is extremely friendly, personable, very enthusiastic :), and made us feel at ease during our photo-sessions. He is also good at candid photography and managed to shoot our large wedding and long ceremony well. Khoa was also very prompt and professional- both in arriving on the day and in delivering our photographs as per contract. We would recommend him highly!
    Tanvi and Oleg

Ruchi · Married on 05/19/2013

2.8
      1.5
      2.5

We used 1314 studios for our wedding. Loved their work on other people's weddings. They may be better at Christian--white wedding dress, suit for men type of weddings. We had an Indian wedding. Unfortunately, it was raining so a lot of our possible outdoor venues/photo ops were taken away.

We were promised our photos in 6-8 weeks but they were back logged. We ended up getting our photos in November of 2013. The packaging of our USB was very nice. We got a link to a proof in our email. There were a few photos on 2 pages out of order. I emailed pointing out that they were out of order, but was told that that was the style. When I mentioned that I really would like it better if the photos were in order, and made a few specific suggestions on swapping specific photos, I was told that there were no other options other than what I had been given. At the time, we had just bought a house and I was pregnant. The interchange was stressful for me, so I left it alone. A few months ago (Feb 2015), I wrote another email, just asking for the album as is, as I didn't want to argue and just wanted the album that we had paid for two years before. When the album arrived, my full first name (which I never use) was imprinted on the front of the album. On the inside, my nickname (which was used on the invitations, photo booth cards, etc) was used and spelled properly. There were also a lot of changes to the proof originally given (a lot more photos out of order!). We could have gotten a similar album made to our liking and specifications I a much more timely manner. The photos were nice, but the rest of the experience left much to be desired. My brother got married last year, and. Endless to say, we found another photographer.