66 Reviews for 1314 STUDIO

Multi. Locations (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
66 1314 STUDIO Reviews

I used 1314 Studio's for my proposal to my girlfriend (now fiancee). Khoa was an incredible photographer. The pictures came out better than we could have imagined. We were so happy with the quality time that Khoa took with us and for capturing the "moment" when it happened! Thank you for your help! We will definitely be using you for the wedding!

Profile Picture Austin, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Khoa and the entire team of photographers of 1314 Studios are phenomenal! My wife is Indian and we had a traditional Hindu-Indian ceremony, which can be quite lengthy and start very early. Khoa and his team were very understanding and professional-they arrived early and they knew the significance of the various Hindu customs that occurred during the ceremony and did a wonderful job of capturing the entire wedding and reception. We were so happy because he also made sure to capture all of our loved ones, family, and friends in all the photos, which is very heart warming as many live abroad.

Khoa also personally hand delivered our final album to our home- he is truly a pleasure to work with! Our friends and family were so impressed with the final photos as the album was so colorful and of beautiful quality. My wife also loved the glamor shots that Khoa captured of her-she truly felt like a beautiful bride, like something out of a high fashion magazine.

We highly recommend Khoa to everyone and we would love to use him again for any events we will have in the future! Great job, you are very talented!

-Shimpei & Sweta Kawasaki

Profile Picture Sweta, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We took our engagement photos with Khoa and Emily last week and had such a wonderful experience! We had sent them some suggested areas where we were hoping to get some shots. They arrived to the area well before our scheduled meeting time and surveyed the area themselves so that they were well prepared going into the shoot and we would not waste a minute of our time together. Khoa and Emily worked extremely well together and were great at creating 'scenarios' to help us get into the 'mood' of each shot. They turned over our pictures in an extremely quick time frame, beautifully edited and exactly what we would have hoped them to be. They did a great job at catching the more candid shots that we were looking for. Everyone that saw our pictures complimented us on how stunning they were. We had many compliments on how editorial they looked and how they looked like they came out of a magazine. We are thrilled to have chosen 1314 studios and can't wait to work with them again on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

1314 Studio was amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure we had the best wedding possible. Both teams worked amazingly well together to get the best pictures and video clips for our wedding and I couldn't ask for more. The photographers were so professional, easy going, creative and innovative in their shooting styles. They just made the whole experience easy for us. I highly recommend them to all of my friends and they all booked 1314 for their up coming weddings and events. If i can give them more than 5 stars, i would in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture jay, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We used 1314 Studio for our Brooklyn photoshoot and New York city hall ceremony. Khoa was great throughout the whole process. Very friendly, prompt and responsive in his emails. He takes the initiative to understand what you look for in the photoshoot. On the day itself, he was able to make us feel very comfortable with different poses throughout the photoshoot. Khoa made the whole shoot really fun and spontaneous and this was captured well in the photos. The photos turned out naturally beautiful and vivid. I will definitely recommend 1314 studio for capturing your important moments!

Profile Picture Mel, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have worked with 1314 Studios since 2012. They have done my sister, my brother, and now my wedding. We have worked with both Emily and Khoa and they have been professional, responsive, timely and creative. We are very lucky to have found them and consider them part of our family. Thanks for capturing all of our beautiful memories.

Profile Picture A, 4/8/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Thank You Cards, High-Res Images

The team at 1314 Studio is phenomenal! We worked with Khoa and Emily for our engagement and wedding day photos and we had Hao and his team as our videographers for the wedding night. While we have yet to see the video footage from Hao, I have no doubt it'll be amazing based on his other work and how involved and active his team was in capturing everything on our wedding day. In terms of Khoa and Emily, those two are absolutely amazing and talented photographers. For our e-session, Khoa and Emily had really terrific, unique ideas for photos throughout the session and even came up with a great idea for a second location - the Brooklyn Bridge. Even though that wasn't something we came up with, we are so glad we went with their guidance because our favorite engagement photos definitely came from that location. We were married in December and if you can believe it, we've already received our wedding day photos (a little over a month later)! These guys are quick - I have no idea when they sleep! The wedding day photos are stunning. They were able to capture so many intimate moments that I hadn't even realized they were capturing! Khoa and Emily were not at all intrusive and felt like they were a part of our wedding. I absolutely love their work and can't wait for more opportunities to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture User4510661, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Our photography experience was amazing thanks to Khoa & Emily's fine work. My fiancé and I are usually clueless on how to pose for the camera, but Khoa & Emily made us both not feel intimidated and learn to love posing for the camera! They guided us in exact posing we need to do and the pictures turned out AMAZING. On top of that they took their time with taking the pictures just right and we didn't feel rushed at all. It was actually really fun and we didn't feel exhausted like we did on other photoshoots in the past. When we checked our email a few days later, to our surprise - the photos were ALREADY READY!!! Highly recommend these two All-Stars!!!

Profile Picture User5428946, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Khoa and 1314 Studios did a phenomenal job with our engagement photos this past October. Khoa paid attention to our story and made a point to work it into our shots. He even scoped out the location the day before and knew exactly where he wanted to shoot us. My finance and I had such a great time, more fun then we ever thought. The pictures were turned around to us so quickly and were impeccable. We couldn't have been happier with our 1314 Studio experience. THANKS KHOA!!!!!

Profile Picture Shana, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My fiance and I could not be happier with the way our engagement pictures turned out!! Emily was really great to work with and very professional. I loved her attention to detail, especially when my hair was getting unruly. The pictures look timeless, not trendy. I know that 50 years from now we will be proud to show our grandchildren these. We got an excellent range of photos from serious and posed to random and fun.

She was very patient and went the extra mile to capture this moment in our lives well. We were taking pictures in Central Park during the breast cancer walk, and how she managed to not have crowds of people in the background all wearing pink is a miracle. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had our wedding photoshoot in NYC with Emily and Khoa. It had been some time since we have been in the NYC area, so most of our ideas were not feasible on the day of due to bad forecast. However, Emily was well prepared and laid out a plan for us, which was very helpful.

Throughout our photoshoot, we could see their creative minds working and setting a picture, as soon as we came across an area. Our time with them was very efficient, as Emily directed the shoot very well. Our pictures were amazingly done and beyond what we had expected! Our family and friends have also commented that the pictures were absolutely beautiful.

We cannot recommend Emily and Khoa enough!! Thank you so much for your great work :)

Profile Picture User4528371, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I are blown away with Emily & Khoa's photography skills. Our pictures are breathtaking! They were extremely sweet & kind to work with! From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, it was easy to get in touch with Emily and she had answers to all of our questions! We highly recommend hiring 1314 Studio for your big day, you won't regret it!!

Profile Picture David, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

we had our prewedding photoshoot session with Emily and we couldn't be more happy with our decision. she was very accomodative with the schedule. Even though is was a cold day, she was very patient and ensured that she got only best photo shots. I highly recommend Emily for any photoshoot be it wedding, prewedding or an engagement. Shes a true professional.

Profile Picture Bharat, 2/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found 1314 online as I was travelling to New York for Christmas, and wanted some nice photos of my fiance and I celebrating our time together. I loved Emily's style and couldn't be happier with our finished photos. Emily was extremely accommodating fitting us in during the busy Christmas period, even shooting on a Sunday around the changing weather. She and her assistant Khoa were patient and have a great eye for detail and we've now ended with a series of excellent photos to mark our engagement in New York.

We thought we'd feel uncomfortable - a little corny - shooting these photos, but Emily made us feel very relaxed and helped us to make the most of our time with her. We had a great time shooting the photos and hanging out in the city!

Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Nellie, 12/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved the pictures Emily took and are very happy with our choice of photographer! We had a very small wedding at home with the registrar and some close family and friends. Emily did a great job of making the wedding look super chic and cosy. She made great use of the space and gave us a lot of tips/poses to get us comfortable for the couple pictures. The light was not easy to work with since there were a lot of shadows in the space and the job she did in the final pictures was definitely commendable Everyone has complimented the pictures and we find it difficult to choose the best to frame since they are all so good! She also captured some good candid moments. Emily is also very responsive in her communications and was very punctual with her time on the day of the wedding. I had to mention it- since we were late by 30 minutes while she waited patiently for us.

We highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture User4901840, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We first saw Emily and her assistant in action at a friend's wedding and were so impressed that we booked her for our wedding! We weren't disappointed. Emily understands the unique personality of each couple and tailors her style to fit accordingly. She provided great, encouraging direction to us on our wedding day and had a number of helpful suggestions. She was punctual and friendly, but not obtrusive. A number of our wedding guests commented on how "on point" she and her assistant were during the reception. It can be nerve-wracking to book someone without seeing them in action but we highly recommend that you trust Emily and her photojournalistic style to capture all the fun, beautiful, and touching moments of your wedding day!

Profile Picture Kyra, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emily was a pleasure to have as our photographer. In my mind I knew choosing a photographer for our wedding was one of the most important items on our wedding list because once the day is over, all you have left are your pictures, and these memories you will treasure forever.
I looked everywhere for the right photographer, some I found to be too cheesy, some too boring, some edited their images with too much contrast, some were way too expensive. I finally found 1314 Studio in a lucky google search under photojournalism and bingo! I fell in love with Emily's style, her candid shots capture the true feeling of the moment. She is very professional and easy to communicate with and her prices are reasonable for her level.
The day of the wedding her and her assistant were very professional, flexible and creative. We got our pictures back and there's so many good shots that we are having trouble choosing the ones for our album. By the way she offers very beautiful albums and delivers your photos in a very unique way which I won't describe so I don't ruin the surprise!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From start to finish, Studio 1314 services were amazing. Emily's email responsiveness is insanely fast (something to put any bride at ease), and the value for her work cannot be beat. I was immediately attracted to her artistry and non-traditional ways of capturing that special day. Upon meeting her, she asked us thought-provoking questions that really moved us and reminded us, yet again, of why were saying "I do." Her non-invasiveness, coupled with a friendly assertiveness, could not have been more perfect the day of. Some of the comments we have gotten on our pictures have been things like, "this photo should go in a bridal magazine" or "best wedding photo I've ever seen." I would highly recommend Emily's services to any bride looking for something a little non-traditional, but gorgeous and perfect in every way.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

It was evident from the moment we met Emily she wanted to get to know us as a couple. She asked about our interests, personal tastes, our favorite photography style and even went through my wedding "pins". Her research definitely paid off, as the color, the quality and the moments that she captured are just stunning. Her and Hal made a wonderful team, always staying out of the way, yet at the same time pleasantly assertive (as one must be with a wedding party as big as ours was). Plus, we absolutely appreciated everything about the delivery of our photos. They arrived in the most beautiful box, wrapped with glittery ribbon and a lovely bow. Inside, an adorable heart-shaped flash drive, buried in colorful yarn. This can sit on our shelf forever and never be lost. Thanks 1314 Studio!

Profile Picture Lacey, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Having worked with photographers in the wedding industry for over 10 years, choosing my wedding photographer was one of the most stressful vendor selections I had to make. We had a very specific vision in mind and I scoured the internet until I found these amazingly modern, well lit, crystal clear photos that looked like they were from a fashion shoot. After looking at just about every blog post on their website and seeing the consistency, we decided that 1314 Studio was going to be the photographers to capture our day. Meeting with Emily who is an absolute joy, and having our amazing engagement photos taken, we were thrilled with our selection. Emily is professional, extremely talented, creative and accommodating. She captured EVERY single shot we requested. I highly recommend 1314 Studio!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I had our engagement session in Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge Park in NYC with Studio 1314 and our session went perfectly from start to finish. Emily is a true professional and a brilliant artist. We stumbled across Emily online and once we saw her portfolio we knew that we had to have her for our photos, her work really does speak for itself. Emily responded promptly to all of my requests, which I really appreciated. She asked for background information on my fiance and myself and also had us submit examples of photographs that we liked so that she could gain a sense of us as a couple.
When the day arrived for the photoshoot Emily and her assistant arrived on time and came ready with a plan to ensure we had time for all of the shots that we wanted. She even incorporated some shots from the photos that I had sent her as examples to make sure that she captured our style as a couple.
Emily and her assistant were very easy to work with and really made us feel relaxed, which shows in our photos. Emily sent us our finished photos within 1 week, and we were blown away when we saw the finished product.
What I love the most about Emily's work is that you can really see US through the photos. Everyone who has looked at our engagement albums keeps telling us that Emily really captured us as a couple. The photographs are beautiful and we look very natural, not posed or artificial. In fact, some of my favorite photos are ones that Emily captured when we didn't think that she was shooting us. Our photos are so incredible that one friend even told me that our photos look like they were pulled from a magazine.

Thank you so much Emily and Studio 1314 for giving us an incredible experience and a beautiful engagement photo album.

Profile Picture Kate , 4/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Finding a photographer was one of the most important things for me in my wedding planning process. We were deciding between a family friend and 1314studios. Both very talented, but needless to say, Emily won as her images portray the story of the day and captures the emotions so beautifully. We can not express how happy we are with our decision. Her style of photography was exactly what I was looking for: photojournalistic, emotion-driven and candid. Her post production work is also amazing. We chose her pop style which makes the images so vibrant and inviting.

Emily was also an absolute pleasure to work with. She made us feel comfortable from the start and was extremely polite and professional. We had so much fun at the engagement shoot and the images were beautiful. I was surprised to see all the magical moments she captured at the venue since she was so unobtrusive. The photos are loved by all that see them. I can't thank Emily enough for creating images that we will enjoy and cherish for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Angela , 4/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I came across 1314 Studio's website while googling my wedding venue, and loved the work that Emily did for a previous wedding at McLoone's Pier House. I received a prompt reply from my inquiry and from then on Emily was easily accessible and a dream to work with. She answered all of my questions and provided wonderful suggestions as well. I loved Emily's artistic style of photography!
Before the wedding day, she suggested that I use Pinterest to call her attention to some styles or photo set ups that I liked. Coincidentally, I pinned most of her own photography.
On the wedding day, Emily and Hal were calm, unobtrusive, and got beautiful shots and angles. One of my guests even complimented me on Emily's ability to get guests together for shots while being polite and not at all pushy.
I received the photos about a month after the wedding day and got a beautiful post on 1314 Studio's blog, a slideshow with 100 photos set to a great song, a proof gallery, and a USB stick.
I am IN LOVE with how the photos came out and received so many compliments. A lot of the photos that I liked best, I didn't even remember taking! Emily and Hal know what setups, lighting, and angles to use and were so creative. We got married on the beach and those photos were incredible.
Thank you so much to 1314 Studio, Emily, and Hal, for their professionalism, calm, organization, and of course, the beautiful photos.

Profile Picture April, 3/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My search for a wedding photographer started and ended with 1314 Studio. Emily was a true professional from my initial email through the delivery of our images. I grew up around talented photographers. My mother is an artist and my father was a university professor who would host symposiums featuring world renowned photographers to showcase their work and hold seminars for aspiring students. To say I’ve been to my fair share of gallery openings and exhibits would be an understatement. But, you don't have to have any prior experience with photographers to know Emily of 1314 Studio is a master at capturing the timeless image. She and her second photographer, Hal, managed to beautifully photograph every important moment without anyone knowing they were there. I never felt they were obstructing the flow of the day or getting in the way. Emily and Hal have the ability to capture the bride, groom and entire wedding party in their best light and in the way you want your wedding day to be remembered. Emily was always available and responsive to my questions before and after the wedding. She provided a lot of expertise when it came to my day-of schedule and offered great suggestions. I could not be happier with her work and would highly recommend 1314 Studio for a wedding.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 11/10/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Beautiful, amazing, thoughtful, story telling photography! Any Bride and Groom would be overly-satisfied working with 1314 studio for their special day. Their website absolutely portrays the quality of work you will receive. We wanted very natural, in the moment photography for our day and were so incredibly happy with not only the beautiful work, but how they told the story of our celebration. We had both outdoor and indoor photos and were impressed with their indoor-low lighting work, important for a October wedding in New Jersey.

Emily is a total rockstar! She is professional, thoughtful, and just plain awesome. She was extremely accommodating even when we were a month out and needed help. She rearranged a prior engagement to work with us and I can't thank her more. James and I both highly recommend their services and were impressed with their passion and work from start to finish.

-Candice & James Londino