13 One Photography Reviews

46 | Rochester, NY

46 Reviews for 13 One Photography

Bridgette · Married on 10/12/2012

Dee is amazing! Not only did she take absolutely stunning photos of my wedding but she went above and beyond and helped fix my wardrobe malfunction. I can't say enough good things about her and her work!! Anyone looking for a photographer, for any type of pictures/event, should HIRE her!

Cathy · Married on 09/21/2012

Dee is so wonderful to work with. As a wedding photographer, she has amazing and creative ideas for unique and beautiful shots. She works so swiftly you barely even notice she is there. We had hundreds of amazing pictures from our wedding and reception that choosing our favorites has been a difficult task.

Katie · Married on 08/25/2012

Dee was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is very accommodating and professional. Our wedding pictures turned out great! She provided us with a "sneak preview" of our photos within 2 days of our wedding, which our family and friends loved. We received the rights to the photos and have been able to share them with our family and friends, but she also makes beautiful albums and prints of professional quality. Not only did we receive the original photos, but Dee also edited some of our favorite photos at no charge so we have multiple copies of the same photo in black and white or sepia, etc. 13 One Photography was so great that my maid of honor is now using them for her wedding next year. I highly recommend this photography for any occasion, especially a wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2013

As soon as I got engaged I knew Dee had to be my photographer. She had done a wedding I was previously a part of. I couldn't of made a better decision. The day of my wedding we had an unexpected storm during my outside ceremony. Dee was able to keep me calm and even help keep everyone on time. Even though it rained during the time of the ceremony Dee was able to get some great outdoor pics. Looking back on my wedding two years ago I have no regrets about picking Dee to shoot my wedding. The photos came out beautiful and she helped make my day special. I would recommend Dee to any of my friends getting married.

Victoria · Married on 06/15/2012

Dee was absolutely wonderful! She did our wedding and engagement photos. She was very flexible with her time and she was so fast at getting our pictures back to us. We love all of the pictures she did. She's so creative and was so much fun to work with. My husband and I don't like having our pictures taken but she made it really relaxed and comfortable. We would recommend her to anybody!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Dee was very flexible and accommodating. She was professional, yet laid back enough where you wouldn't have to worry about your big day's pictures being taken care of. She has the "eye" and caught so many beautiful shots. It was a pleasure working with her and her husband and it was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! I recommend her to all my friends all the time!

Lissette · Married on 10/08/2011

There is no one like 13 One Photography. Not only is she amazing but her ideas are so amazing. She was there for my husband and I for everything. She captured things that I would of missed if she didn't catch it on film. There was a few things that I had huge problems with while I was planning my wedding and the one thing that I counted on and was 100% satisfy was my pictures. Working with her was a pleasure and so much fun. I send everyone that is getting married to her because I want them to have that experience. People don't realize how important pictures I mean I didn't! but when the wedding is over and you look back on your wedding day all you have is pictures!. Love Love 13 One Photography :)

Sent on 02/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2011

Dee Marie has been such a great photographer for our family. She has done various photo shoots for us (maternity, engagement, wedding and large family gatherings). I love her style of photography, she is unique in her poses and angles. She was very flexible with our dates and times for appointments and her prices were comparable if not better than the other photographers around. I would and have recommended her to friends and co-workers. You will not be disappointed!

Miesha · Married on 07/22/2011

Dee was fantastic. From our engagement photos to the wedding day she did a great job. She and her husband were very easy to work with. I never knew she was even around but I know she was taking photos. I am thankful she was our photographer!! Great job Dee!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Alyssa · Married on 06/25/2011

Dee was great! Our pictures turned out amazing. She was more than willing to travel 40 minutes from our wedding ceremony to where we wanted our pictures taken. She was also able to handle my lively wedding party with grace which was a bonus :)

Sent on 04/23/2013

Brianna · Married on 05/27/2011

Dee is hands down, the best photographer one could hire for a wedding. It's been almost two years since my wedding day and I still look at my pictures all the time and value the precious moments she captured! Not only was she very professional and flexible, but she made it so no one (especially the bride or groom) had to worry about anything involving pictures on the big day. She took charge and new exactly when and where to place people, which was so wonderful not having to worry if we were going to get a picture with this person or that person -she made sure everything happened flawlessly. She doesn't just see your day as another wedding, she sees it through the lense of a day she'll make sure you never forget.

Brianna · Married on 05/27/2011

Sent on 05/22/2013

Dee did an awesome job at capturing every moment at my wedding. She was so great at being there for every moment and me not even noticing she was there. This made it so much easier to look and feel natural in all her pictures. She also had great creative ideas for us to make our pictures unique.

Sent on 02/13/2015

Ann · Married on 10/02/2010

When you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, look no farther than 13 One Photography. You will not be sorry! Dee and Mike make a wonderful team. My wedding photos are top notch! The service is exceptional. Dee has creative ideas for shots, and she will go above and beyond to make sure that your ideas are captured to your expectations. Dee has also done photos for other special occasions for me and I will call on her again and again.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/22/2010

Planning a wedding from the other side of the country was stressful to say the least. Working with Dee was one of the best decisions I made. She was super responsive, incredibly personable, and gave us a great deal. Most notably, she's a truly gifted photographer: she gave us the perfect mix of traditional shots and more creative portraits. I highly recommend her, and second the other reviewer who suggested hiring her husband as a second photographer. They're a stellar team!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Marji · Married on 08/07/2009

I first found Dee online and I was quite impressed with her artistic style, so I asked her to do a boudoir photo shoot. I was very nervous and not feeling very confident, but she put me at ease before I ever met her! Upon our first meeting, I was incredibly impressed with her professionalism, yet kind and encouraging spirit. Because of the wonderful photographs from my boudoir shoot, I discussed with my husband about using her for our wedding photographs (all while keeping the previous shoot a surprise, as it was to be his wedding gift). He also liked her photography style, and when he first met her he felt as comfortable with her as I did. She gave us a great deal, and our photographs are INCREDIBLE!! She and her husband worked great together, and got some awesome shots. The moments and details they captured were things that I may have missed on such a whirlwind of a day. I still remain very impressed with Dee's professionalism and heart, and it shows in everything that she does. I will absolutely use her again in the future, and I highly recommend her to everyone who is looking for a great photographer with an artistic eye.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Hannah M. · Getting married on 01/09/2022

It's like having a friend by your side!

Dee was absolutely amazing. I could tell from our first phone call that I'd be comfortable having someone like her following me around all day :) and then when I had to change my venue from a brewery to a backyard due to COVID, adding over 140 miles to her commute, she didn't even hesitate to go with the flow! She was able to manage a crowd tremendously, getting everyone to listen to her direction to get the pictures I wanted in such a seamless way. I'd recommend her to everyone who wants a fun and friendly presence, not just a robot who takes pictures. And then of course the photos were tremendous. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 02/19/2021

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2011

Dee was nothing short of amazing!! She is flexible, professional, and an amazing photographer! Our engagement and wedding photos came out better than we could have imagined!! I am so greatful that I have a photographer that can capture all of my special moments in life!! I will be going to her for Pregnant and baby photos this summer, and I know they will be wonderful!!

- Jennifer & Jared

• User4820679 · 2+ years ago

Dee was extremely helpful the day of the wedding from keeping me calm about the timeline and even helping corset the bridesmaids dresses. Dee and her husband did an excellent job getting all the shots we wanted without being intrusive. Communication after the wedding getting our photo albums set and the necessary pictures edited was a little difficult, but in the end, we love the finished product.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Meaghan · Married on 06/29/2019

3.0

My Creative Little Butterfly

When first searching for a photographer, Dee stood out amongst them. I could tell how much time and effort she puts into her work. She goes above and beyond to ensure her product stands out and to exceed her clients' expectations. She is extremely creative but will also adhere to a more traditional style if that is what you prefer. Her leadership on the day of our wedding and her stunning final product surpassed every vision we had for our wedding photos. She worked tremendously well with our other vendors, she listened to what we wanted and she even researched ideas on my Pinterest board to make a list of must have photos I had saved. She went so far above and beyond to make us feel comfortable, in fact after the first time we met her, she felt like family already which makes it so much easier to take natural photos without feeling awkward. I would highly recommend Dee and her company 13 One Photography! I plan to use her in the future when it's time for babies and family photos!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • F

Fawn · Married on 10/22/2011

4.2
      3.5

Dee did my photography for my wedding. I feel that she did a nice job, but i would highly recommend also hiring her husband as the second photographer (if possible) because the pictures that he took were great. The one thing that I did not like was there were many pictures that were at weird angels. Everyone who looked at my pictures had to tilt their heads in order to look at the picture correct. It's just part of her artistic style, but I was not a fan of it. I do think that her pricing was reasonable. If you mention that you saw her ad in the rochester wedding book you can get a free wedding book (which is awesome). I feel that if you don't want to spend a ton of money on photos, but still want nice ones then dee would be a great choice.

Sent on 05/24/2012