111 Maine | Catering Reviews

111 Maine | Catering 5
111 Maine | Catering 6
111 Maine | Catering 7

Sarah · Married on 07/26/2014

Jennifer and Amanda helped us plan the perfect reception . They are extremely thorough and help with every detail . They took the worry out of the whole reception and you can't put s price on that . The food was absolutely delicious , everyone was asking about it . I would hands down highly reccomend 111 maine .

Sent on 11/12/2014

Megan · Married on 06/28/2014

We hired 111 Maine to cater our wedding in June in Boothbay Harbor. Jennifer was a joy to work with and put me at ease as I was planning the wedding from across the country! She understood exactly the menu we were going for at our first phone conversation and came in at our budget :) The food was fantastic and our guests are still talking about it months later! I highly recommend 111 Maine and am so happy that we hired them!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Karen · Married on 06/21/2014

111 Maine did a fabulous job at our daughter's wedding a few weeks ago. As all the other reviewers have commented, Jennifer's crew does a fabulous job, from replying to every message or phone call immediately, (even within giving birth to twins:), to helping choose the signature cocktails, to serving fabulous food with the most pleasant staff. The lobster roll apps were a huge hit especially with guests from 3 continents. We had the wedding at our home, and Jennifer visited the site twice before the wedding; she went over every single detail and it was so reassuring to know all would work as I'd envisioned. We couldn't of been happier with everything she and Amanda did. I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jess · Married on 09/21/2013

Just love her to pieces. Easiest person to work with ever, and the food is FANTASTIC!! She is also really reasonably priced, which is rare with anything related to weddings. Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2013

I cannot speak highly enough of Jennifer! Her food is not only amazing and reasonably priced, but she is the easiest person to work with pretty much ever. I planned my wedding in Maine from Maryland and as such had to make a few trips up there to get some things done. Jennifer was incredibly accommodating about scheduling our tasting and also going to my venue to do a walk through. She answered all my questions in a timely manner and made sure I felt good about things. She really personalizes the menu to your vision and budget. Her staff at the wedding were so helpful and friendly. People are still texting me about how great the food was! Also the people from my venue, who are hard to win over, are in love with her and raved to me about how great she was and how they'd like to use her for future events because of how professional she was. You cannot go wrong with Jennifer and I cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Natasha · Married on 08/31/2013

What a spectacular experience!

From the first tasting (when I was interviewing vendors) to the compliments we received after the wedding for the food service and quality, Jennifer and her team were an absolute pleasure.

She is incredibly calm and soothing (great for stressed brides) and gave me a spectacular menu from appetizers to a beautiful 3 layer cake for a very affordable price. Moreover the servers she brought were fantastic. They were solicitous of me and my husband, making sure we got appetizers and drinks without ever having to move.

We've heard nothing but praise from our guests and would recommend 111 Maine wholeheartedly to any bride!

Sent on 10/07/2013

maia · Married on 08/17/2013

Planning a wedding is tough, but a destination wedding to a location during the height of tourist season and in less than 5 months time was going to be nearly impossible. Jennifer Banis, Chef and Owner of 111 Maine Catering was key to the success of my daughter's wedding.

I couldn't believe that she had a cancellation but it helped us to choose the day for the wedding. Browsing through her "delicious" website and reading other rave reviews, I thought perhaps I had struck gold in finding Ms. Banis.

When I finally was able to visit the wedding destination Jennifer met me during the most wicked nor'easter that could have stopped a train. But with a smile, she brought the most delicious food samples that we had ever tasted. Her lobster rolls and ravioli with chevre were to die for! And, while we were together she told me about the outdoor event happening the following day and that she and her staff were doing everything possible to make the "sun shine" for the bride even despite the storm. I knew I had chosen the right catering company and the right Chef.

Just a few months later and our day arrived and it was perfect! The staff was excellent in every way. The set up was like art. Everything looked beautiful and went smoothly and most important, was absolutely delicious!

Thank you Jennifer Banis and 111 Maine Catering for your commitment to excellence!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2013

Jennifer was outstanding to work with and so helpful! Everyone raved about the food!

Sent on 12/21/2013

brandy · Married on 07/30/2013

We had these folks for a wedding at where i work..the driftwod inn and thefood was GREAT........WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT?? HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM

Sent on 07/30/2013

Jennifer at 111 Maine was absolutely fabulous! She was so easy to work with and always returned our calls and emails in a timely fashion (despite the fact that she had infant twins while we were planning). She never bothered us, but was always happy to talk if we had questions. She made sure we were getting what we wanted. Her staff was wonderful and we got so many compliments on the food. I was especially pleased to hear that the three notorious food snobs had all independently commented on how amazing the food was! Jennifer also recommended great signature drinks that were a huge hit with our guests. I am vegan and she happily accommodated me with an amazing dish. Friends and family kept mentioning how great the food and service were. Her prices were the most reasonable (by far) that we came across, but the quality of the service and the food certainly didn't reflect that! If you are lucky enough to find her available for your wedding date, BOOK HER!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Hannah · Married on 09/29/2012

Jennifer and her crew were amazing! Of course the food and service was great but almost more important to me was Jennifer's professional expertise and knowledge. My husband and I planned our entire backyard wedding ourselves without a coordinator and Jennifer was so helpful with different suggestions of how to set things up, the timeline for the day and all the little details that we just didn't know ourselves. The day after the wedding one of the first things we said was how amazing 111 Maine was. They were just so friendly and helpful and accommodating. We can't say enough good things about them. We highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/09/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/30/2012

We absolutely loved Jennifer and 111 Maine. I'm not local to Maine, so I was a bit concerned about planning a wedding from a distance. A co-worker had her wedding in Maine, so I asked her for her recommendations, and she had nothing but great things to say about Jennifer (and other co-workers who had been to the wedding raved about the food), so I gave her a call. We of course checked with others as well, and no one else measured up. They either didn't return phone calls, or gave us a proposed menu weeks after we asked for it, with a main course of pork when I specifically asked for minimal pork, and charged more for less. With 111 Maine, the very day after I spoke to her, she sent a proposed menu with full price break down. And I knew from my co-worker that the bill you got was all you owed-- no hidden expenses (which was also our experience-- she even refused more money when my husband tried to give it to her for doing such a great job). Jennifer also suggested that we do a family style meal, which was a fabulous idea and worked very well at our wedding (I didn't want plated, but thought buffet was to informal). We were all able to try a little bit of everything. Around me, people were raving that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding, and was better than most restaurant food. During all of my conversations with Jennifer before the wedding, she was always upbeat and positive and full of great ideas. On my wedding day, she and her staff were phenomenal. We were married at a private farmhouse, with no air conditioning, during a heat wave. But Jennifer's staff kept their cool and never let you see them sweat. And her price is very reasonable. She also sources her meats locally, which was very important to me. If I ever had any reason to plan another event in Maine, 111 Maine is the only caterer I would consider. They left some of the sauce they used on the crabcakes in the fridge at the farmhouse (I only wish they'd have left some mac and cheese and mushroom tarts!!). We had a fridge in our room for our mini-moon, so we brought the sauce with us, and were putting it on everything we ate!! Yum! :)

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • I

Ilka · Married on 07/28/2018

111 Maine was really fantastic to work with! We wanted a menu that was truly Maine but also had an Asian flair, and Jennifer created the perfect menu right from the start. We had a family style dinner with 5 dishes for almost 200 guests, and everyone (even the true foodies) said it was the best wedding food they have EVER had. People were still talking about our food at the next 2 weddings we went to. We also had them take care of bartending for us and everything went very smoothly and the service was top notch all around. Thank you 111 Maine!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    111 Maine | Catering 8
    111 Maine | Catering 9

Kate · Married on 08/27/2016

Jennifer and team absolutely made our wedding day complete, wow, I still do not know what we would have done without them. They were there with us every step of the way from planning a year out all the way through the big day and my husband and I were totally at ease because we knew we were in good hands. Not to mention that everyone absolutely LOVED their food, yum. Really can't say enough about how easy (and fun!) they were to work with -- I highly highly recommend the 111 Maine team!

Sent on 01/06/2017
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/14/2013

111 Maine catered my wedding this weekend. Jennifer was so helpful. She helped me make choices that brought the price down when I thought I couldn't afford it. The servers were all really professional, and the on-site manager was great too. The 111 Maine team came and set everything up for my tented reception, including putting out my centerpieces.

Sent on 09/17/2013

amelia · Married on 10/18/2014

Without a wedding planner, I can honestly say that Jennifer and Amanda went above and beyond on the wedding day as they could be where I wasn't. Their flexibility and professionalism was a god send from start to finish.

And of course the food was incredible - appetizers both passed and stationary were delicious - I wish I had been able to grab more. And dinner was outstanding: surf and turf for many and butternut ravioli for others. Attention was given to the gluten free and lactose intolerant guests which can often be an annoyance.

The servers and bartenders were so friendly, helpful and yet almost invisible as they went about their work making sure everyone had what they needed: A great group of men and women!

111 Maine was very easy to work with and I recommend them for the variety of their menu and its mouth watering goodness. They were awesome!

Sent on 10/25/2014

kristen · Married on 09/06/2014

Jennifer and her team were spectacular! Jennifer was so personable and easy to work with. She was very flexible and truly invested in making sure all our needs were met. All of our food was amazing! One guest commented "this was the best bite of my life!" I would recommend 111 Maine to anyone who wants delicious food from a delightful team.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Craig · Married on 08/15/2015

Great food. Our wedding was in a field and the catering team provided everything and were able to prepare a great meal. We received lots of compliments on the food. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/03/2015