500 N Market St., Wilmington, DE 19801 Map · Phone number

About World Cafe Live Wilmington

World Cafe Live at the Queen is a state-of-the-art special events facility that contains a variety of different event spaces to suit any need. Whether it’s a board meeting for 20, a training meeting for 100, a gala dinner for 200, or a concert for 800, we have the perfect space for your group. In addition to corporate functions, World Cafe Live at the Queen is also a great choice for your social events, such as weddings, birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs, and holiday parties.

The World Cafe Live at the Queen footprint includes several event spaces:

Upstairs Live is the in-house café/restaurant at World Cafe Live at The Queen that accommodates 140 seated or 225 standing. This space offers an intimate performance stage with built-in audio and video capability. Upstairs Live is a wonderful choice for personalized presentations, cocktail receptions, and seated dinners.

The Olympia Room is a bright, airy, loft style room with exposed brick and panoramic windows overlooking Market Street. This space is the perfect fit for corporate meetings, small cocktail parties, networking receptions, birthday parties, and wedding ceremonies.

Downstairs Live is a dazzling music hall that can accommodate 250 seated or 650 for a standing reception. The Balcony, which overlooks the Downstairs Live theatre, offers the possibility of a VIP reception space within your event, space for breakout sessions, or overflow seating.

As the region’s trailblazing live music venue, World Cafe Live at the Queen is uniquely positioned to orchestrate a live music or video component for your event. Our music department can book any artist your heart desires (and budget allows), and our seasoned production staff can handle your sound, lighting, and video needs.

At World Cafe Live at the Queen, our in-house event coordinator will oversee every aspect of your event, from the first phone call down to the last detail.

Amenities:

· Full service in-house catering

· State-of-the-art sound and lighting with an in-house production team

· Handicap accessible

Upstairs Live

2,400 Square feet; Seated dinner: 140; Standing Reception: 225

Downstairs Live

3,010 Square feet; Seated dinner: 250; Seated dinner with dance floor: 190; Standing Reception: 600

Balcony

1,325 square feet; Seated dinner: 80; Fixed theatre seating: 95

Olympia Room

1,794 square feet; Seated dinner: 120; Standing Reception: 200

Full Venue Rental

Standing Reception: 1,200

**capacities vary based on event setup**

Follow World Cafe Live Wilmington on

gillis 5 19 12 1844
dsc0386
ceremony smooch
gillis 5 19 12 1119
World Cafe Live Wilmington
cocktail hour on the balcony
dsc0715
dsc0717
dsc0437
downstairs live1
gillis 5 19 12 2420
gillis 5 19 12 1844

9 Reviews for World Cafe Live Wilmington

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2016

We could not have asked for a more perfect venue or a more professional, responsive and hard-working coordinator. Sarah was AMAZING. She was so helpful in answering all of my questions (I had A LOT) and got back to us right away. She helped to work out with me the best way to drop off our decorations/cake and was SO accommodating. On the day of, I did not have a worry in the world because I knew she was handling it. I recommend having a band at this venue because the stage is incredible. We essentially invited our friends to a concert, which is exactly what we wanted. Because of the uniqueness of the venue, we did very little of our own decorations which was a huge time and cost saver. The lighting in the venue is gorgeous so if you just had that, it is already 1000x cooler than any other place. We opted to do the dinner stations and everything was awesome because it was customization for our guests. Every single request I had was fulfilled and I could have not asked for a better day, team or venue.

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

We cannot say enough about the experience we had at World Café Live at The Queen for our wedding. We knew we didn’t want a typical venue for our reception and the queen checked all of our boxes. We had a band and the sound and lighting folks were so professional – volume was just right and the lighting made the room look magical. Our guests are still raving about the venue and the food. It’s common to be so tied up on your wedding day that you don’t eat, but my husband and I made sure we ate and we’re so glad we did! My husband actually went back for seconds it was so good. Guests were also so impressed by the expansive full bar that was provided and the awesome service. Allison, the wedding coordinator, was simply amazing. She went above and beyond to be accommodating to our requests and make our wedding truly feel like ours. She was so responsive throughout the planning process and never made me feel like my requests were a nuisance. She stayed around for most of the reception making sure my husband and I had everything we needed. Our parents kept commenting on how amazing Allison and the rest of the staff were as well. If anything didn’t run smoothly that night I sure as heck didn’t know about it! And that’s the sign of a GREAT venue, they handled everything for that day so we could just focus on the people and the party. The venue is stunning and has so much character, the staff is amazing, the food was delicious, the after party (which we had in the bar on the street level) keep the party going, the sound and lighting was beyond professional and we wouldn’t have changed a thing! I can’t say enough about this venue and these people who made our day so incredibly perfect.

Melanie · Married on 09/04/2016

Our wedding was more than we could have ever imagined! The ambience is so cool and the facility is just amazing and unique. The staff was great, the food was delicious. Sarah was super helpful with everything throughout the planning process and made sure we were happy and fed during the wedding.

• 500 N Market St. Wilmington, 19801 See on map