Ann Arbor, MI 48104 Map · Phone number
1 Review
  • Photos & Videos 13
  • Pricing

About Will Bennett Piano Man

I would love to help make your special occasion the exceptional event you, friends, family and colleagues will remember as a highlight! All although I am only 23 years old, I have been playing professionally for over 10 years and am a restaurant pianist.  I love music, to share it with others, and it shows in my performance. Dependable, and responsible, courteous, I will treat your event with the professionalism, attention, and enthusiasm it deserves! I can in play many styles to provide an elegant background ambience or to rock out for dancing, and more! Styles include cocktail music, rock (including classic rock), jazz, pop, American Songbook standards, ragtime, boogie woogie, sing-alongs, Motown, and classical (including classic wedding music). I can also create arrangements for songs for which no sheet music exists and recreate arrangements of vintage music that sound the way they should.

Reviews

"I could listen to Will's playing all day." Bob Dennis, founder of the Disc Recording Studio in Detroit, who recorded Sly and The Family Stone and George Clinton and worked as an engineer at Motown recording The Supremes, amongst other luminaries.''

"Will did an amazing job as my wedding ceremony musician. He learned three songs for me and played a bunch of awesome, unexpected rock n roll during the prelude. All of our guests were blown away and were asking who he was and where I found him. He's the best." Danielle Liebowitz, San Diego, CA''

"Remarkable . . .EVERYONE LOVED YOU and your show! As usual, you exceeded our expectations and brought a fantastic show to our audience. Many thanks for bringing professionalism and polish to our
Music Under The Arch!" Paul and Becky Pazkowski, coordinators for Music Under the Arch Concert Series, Saline, MI

"Will was prompt and professional. He is a magnificent piano player - I would say he is a music maestro. I plan to hire Will for other events - personally and professionally and recommend him to all of my friends and colleagues. He exceeded my expectations." Kathy Munoz, Livonia, Michigan

Will's "songs come on like Ben Folds and Billy Joel taking turns. . . " Doug Coombe, Detroit Metro Times

"Will is the real deal." Jim King, of King's Keyboards in Ann Arbor.

"Will does a beautiful job and everyone loves him! His range of material is impressive. He is a pleasure to work with." Laura Gillis,
manager of Mix Marketplace, Ypsilanti, MI

"Will is talented, dedicated, professional and flexible - our wedding would not have been the same without him! He created exactly the ambiance we were hoping for (timeless, romantic) for the cocktail hour, dinner, and our special dances. As the night went on, he read the mood of our guests and could play everything we asked for. He had everyone out on the dance floor, singing along." Maria and Tom Glancy, West Branch, MI.

"Will Bennett played our private party, in our home, on our baby grand piano, he was awesome! He arrived on time, played the
music/songs we had requested, was very professional and a whole lot of fun! Our guests sang and enjoyed themselves as we all gathered around our piano with Will at the keys. We are already getting request to do it again, and I am sure we will! I highly recommend Will for any piano playing function. " Sherry Martin, Livonia

About Me

I have been playing piano professionally for over 12 years and currently regularly perform as a restaurant pianist in Ann Arbor. With over 15 years of classical, jazz and improvisational training, I have played at many venues in Southeast Michigan with my own compositions in rock band, The White Ravens, in a swing-duo, The Wine Bar Duo, and in jazz instrumental combos. Venues I have performed at include The Blind Pig, Baker's Keyboard Lounge (oldest jazz club in the world), The Jolly Pumpkin, Blue Tractor, Mash Bar, Woodruff's Pub 13, Temptations, Tin Fish in St. Clair shores, the Dakota Inn (the oldest singing piano bar in Detroit), Brewed Awakenings in Saline, the Java House Cafe in South Lyon, the Lampshade in Ypsilanti - the list goes on.

I have performed at ragtime festivals, including Ragfest in Fullerton, CA, the Greenfield Village Street Fair in Dearborn, MI, the Frakenmuth, MI ragtime festival, and competed twice in World Championship Old Time Piano Contest in Peoria.

I also compose and arrange music. My indie-pop rock band, The White Ravens, won Best USA/International Band for the 2010 Toronto Independent Music awards. Our 2nd and 3rd CDs were recorded with Liberty DeVitto, Billy Joel's drummer of 30 years. We have played live across Canada on Breakfast TV and one of our songs was been played live across the UK on BBC radio.

I will dress to match the ambience as per your input and am always polite, punctual, professional, and give full attention to every event.

Reviews

"Will is the real deal." Jim King, of King's Keyboards in Ann Arbor.

Will's knowledge of American music prior to WWII is amazing - he really knows and understands this type of music better than other's I've performed with in the last few years. I hope I get the chance to perform with him again soon! Cecelia O, professional singer

"Remarkable . . .EVERYONE LOVED YOU and your show!  As usual, you exceeded our expectations and brought a fantastic show to our audience. Many thanks for bringing professionalism and polish to our
Music Under The Arch!" Paul and Becky Pazkowski, coordinators for Music Under the Arch Concert Series, Saline, Michigan

manager of Mix Marketplace, Ypsilanti.

"Will played for us at a Piano party in March, 2012    Will knew many songs and is a wonderful piano player.  He was on time and very professional, we plan on using his services again next year." Dan Linick

"Will is talented, dedicated, professional and flexible - our wedding would not have been the same without him! He created exactly the ambiance we were hoping for (timeless, romantic) for the cocktail hour, dinner, and our special dances. As the night went on, he read the mood of our guests and could play everything we asked for. He had everyone out on the dance floor, singing along." Maria and Tom Glancy, West Branch, Michigan.

music/songs we had requested, was very professional and a whole lot of fun! Our guests sang and enjoyed themselves as we all gathered around our piano with Will at the keys. We are already getting request to do it again, and I am sure we will! I highly recommend Will  for any piano playing function. " Sherry Martin, Livonia

Song List

• Easter Songs - various artists
  • 4th of July Songs - various artists
  • Halloween Songs - various artists

Available For:

Anniversaries, Bachelorette Parties, Banquets, Birthday Parties, Children's Birthday Parties, Celebrations, Christenings, Christmas Parties, Church Services, Clubs, Cocktail Parties, Community Events, Conventions, Corporate Functions, Dinner Dances, Events, Festivals, Fund Raisers, Funerals, Graduation Parties, Grand Openings, Picnic, Private Parties, Proms, Restaurants, Sweet 16 Parties, Weddings, Wedding Ceremonies, Wedding Cocktail Hours, Wedding Receptions...and more.

Follow Will Bennett Piano Man on

Other couples have also viewed

• The Christina Kateri Band
81a67993d592f6e9 Will Bennett in Detroit Cropped
will bennett in detroit
will bennett smiling
Will Bennett Piano Man
will in model t at ragfest
will on tv
81a67993d592f6e9 Will Bennett in Detroit Cropped
will bennett in detroit

Photos 6 Photos
Videos 7 Videos

1 Reviews for Will Bennett Piano Man

• Beth

Beth C. · Married on 05/29/2021

Prepare to be blown away

I was lucky to have Will play at my wedding, and he absolutely blew me away. Will was on time, polite, dressed perfectly for the occasion and could not be more accommodating.

Then he began to play. I was in absolute awe of every piece he played. All I wanted to do was sit in the room and listen to him play all night. He played Disney hits for the kids, jazzy tunes for the parents, and everything in between. At one point in the evening my Dad hummed a song to him, and Will instantly knew the tune he was humming and then played it.

I chose many of the pieces for Will to play beforehand, and he not only played them but mixed in some other songs as well which perfectly fit into the evening's ambiance. Will was playing inside on my parents piano, but everyone loved his playing so much that we hooked-up a speaker so everyone that was outside could hear him as well.

You will not regret hiring him, and I would hire him again in a heartbeat. I'd also pay triple what he charges- he is that talented. Thank you for making my wedding magical, Will!

Sincerely,
    Beth

Sent on 05/30/2021

Will Bennett Piano Man Pricing

Will Bennett Piano Man Price Rates

Will Bennett Piano Man FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Big Band
    Pop
    Rock
    Swing
    Top 40
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Reception Music
    Rehearsal Dinner Music
    Willing to Travel
  • What items are available?
    Microphones

• Ann Arbor, 48104 See on map
    Location of (Will Bennett Piano Man)