3826 N. Taylor Road, Hanna City, IL 61536 Map · Phone number

Wildlife Prairie Event Center 7
  • Catlyn

Catlyn · Married on 08/10/2019

Becky is the BEST!

Becky Stear is the absolute best in wedding organization. For 2.5 years while we were engaged she communicated with me to perfect every detail of our wedding. Wildlife Prairie Park was the perfect venue for our "classy nature" theme. The decor was flawless,even down to the fold of the napkins. The park has a TRUSTWORTHY list of recommended vendors they like to work with. We took their advice and I'm SO glad we did! The planning was easy, even from out of state. We had our ceremony on Vista Bricks,which was private and surrounded by green forest. Our reception was in Hespell Hall and Hespell Deck. It was decorated lavishly and the view over the bison pasture was priceless. If I had to redo the entire wedding process I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much Wildlife Prairie Park. ❤

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Wildlife Prairie Event Center 12
    Wildlife Prairie Event Center 13
    Wildlife Prairie Event Center 14

Nick · Married on 10/07/2017

So I did not actually have my wedding at Wildlife Prairie Park venue, but all Hy-vee catering goes through them now, so I dealt with Becky and her team for my catering needs. We did have a bit of an issue with my original catering manager leaving the position a few months prior to my big day and not leaving any information on our wedding with Becky. Mind you we had already had our tasting and pretty much decided our whole menu... Becky was great. From our first meeting, where we basically redid our entire menu, to pricing adjustments due to the prior manager and getting everything ready. She put me at ease and was very accommodating. We corresponded several times over the next month or two, knowing I was not the only bride she was dealing with, I understood if there were times she didn't get right back to me. But she never forgot me or totally ignored me!!! The day before the wedding her staff members came out to the venue to get a lay of the land and they were terrific. They were professional and really walked through everything with me! The next day we had some issues with the weather and had to move the ceremony inside. The staff did everything they could to roll with the changes and keep on time with our timeline. I have not heard anything except amazing reviews on the food and cupcakes, which were all prepared by Hy-vee. Becky and her team were amazing and I will definitely recommend this catering team to anyone!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/01/2018

3.0

Getting in touch with Becky before wedding season was a lot easier than during wedding season, I'll admit that. I would leave myself two days or so if I had to get in touch with her, but we didn't have much to change ever, and it kept us decisive. So to our luck, we only needed to make maybe 3 appointments to finalize things. I should also mention we were traveling from Champaign every time we set an appointment and could only go to Peoria on weekends when weddings are majority of the time held. It all felt pretty professional, and they even catered to a crazy request: they were able to get me a single turkey leg XD I was so happy I get a picture of me in my fancy dress, taking a big bite out of my turkey leg; making it look like a royal feast indeed XP
    We were VERY happy with the venue and we even needed an extra table last minute, and it was all set up the day of, less than an hour before guests would be finding their seats. I was literally finalizing my vows and realized all the extra people who came and they got right to work. Everything went smoothly. All of our demands were met. We had SUCH an amazing wedding, and there was even buffalo running in the background of the ceremony at the bricks, during my surprise end-of-the-ceremony speech/gift to my husband. It was an overall great experience!
    The price I put for the vendor includes rental of both the bricks for the ceremony and the hall for the reception. The price doesn't include catering, which was approx ~ 3000 in non-food (staff, set up etc), 3000 in food which was through Wildlife Prarie Park, and it was a very customizable menu
    I also included "Covered Outdoor" in the list because we did have back up options in case it rained, literally right next to the bricks.
    And PPS, I asked my husband about some of the last minute things that happened, and he was retelling what the day was like venue-wise, and he just said again "Man, that was a good wedding" :)

Sent on 09/16/2018