New York, NY 10024 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 165
  • Real Weddings 1

About Whitney Events

Whitney Events is a full-service wedding planner based in New York City, serving areas in New York and Connecticut. The company’s two planners have extensive combined experience across the wedding and event industry, as well as in the culinary arts. These experienced planners aim to make wedding planning an engaging and stress-free process for the couples they work with.

The Whitney Events team specializes in designing romantic, unforgettable weddings. They offer full-service and day-of packages to suit a variety of needs. Couples can also customize their own plan if they require alternate services. Owner Christina Whitney and head planner Jennifer Roche are experts at translating visions into reality. They can provide assistance with every detail from hiring vendors to organizing the day’s timeline and everything in between. To complete the experience, your wedding cake and desserts can be prepared by Jennifer, who is also a professional pastry chef.

Follow Whitney Events on

Whitney Events 5
Whitney Events 6
Whitney Events 7

David · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful and an absolute pleasure to work with

Christina and Jen were amazing. We could not have asked for better planners; their knowledge, insight and experience helped make our wedding truly unforgettable. They understood our vision and helped make it a reality. They were organized, efficient, and always responsive to any questions and concerns. My husband Greg and I are forever grateful to the friendly and charming team at Whitney Events!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Whitney Events's reply:

WE are grateful to have had the pleasure of planning with you guys. Every details was personalized to your cultures and families and everyone had a BLAST! Such a fun wedding to always remember!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2019

Whitney Events = the BEST INVESTMENT of my entire wedding!

I cannot say enough great things about Christina, Jen and the Whitney Events Team!!  They are total pros. I joke that they could write a book about my wedding (we got married in July of 2019) as it was probably the most challenging wedding. Ever.  But in all honesty, our wedding would never have happened without Christina and our wedding day ended up being more perfect than I could ever have imagined.  It was the BEST day of our lives and I don't think I've ever been happier and filled with so much love and gratitude than on that day.

I'm the bride who has been envisioning her wedding day since she was five years old.  I couldn't wait to experience the excitement of planning every detail and imagining a stress-free, well-organized several months leading up to the big day because I would be "on top" of everything, ahead of schedule!  All of my vendors were booked 18 months out (Whitney Events was at the top of the vendor list) and I had my checklist of everything that needed to be done every week of every month.  Fast-forward to the end of April, the Parisian-themed Bridal Shower that the Whitney Events team planned was incredible and so "Me" - all of my guests were blown away - it set the tone for what to expect and look forward to during the wedding weekend in July and I was thrilled!  What happened next, actually feels ...surreal.

The week following my bridal shower, we found out that our wedding venue, that I booked 16 months prior, what I had envisioned for my black tie mansion wedding and actually had been a great find because it checked the boxes for so many things we needed, could no longer host us due to construction delays.  With eight weeks to go, we had to find a new venue for 4th of July Weekend (the busiest weekend of the year), a caterer, rentals, a new block of rooms for our entire bridal party and families, shuttles, a new after party location and new brunch location.  That same day we came home to a package - our beautiful invitations arrived ready to be stamped and mailed (including all of the - now - wrong information) - talk about adding salt to the wounds!  And later that week, I found out that the company I worked for was about to be acquired, and it was unclear if I'd have a job by the time the wedding rolled around.  So, with stress at an all-time high, wondering where we were going to have a wedding, how we were going to feed and lodge our guests, and, now, how we were actually going to pay for the wedding, we moved everything we saved for the wedding over to our Emergency Fund and then had a panic attack.

Now, I realized from the beginning that Christina knows her stuff, she has the experience, the best relationships with partners/venues/vendors, a great eye for style and detail and creates incredible events - I knew she would be the only person I could trust to actually pull off my dream wedding.  But I cannot express how much more important she became in our lives.  From the moment we heard about the venue through all the job uncertainty, she remained calm and level-headed.  She was our rock and our trusted advisor, always five steps ahead of us guiding us along the way until eventually...we saw the light.  She negotiated like the badass boss she is, fought and pushed for us as we worked out a displacement fee and started planning our wedding all over again.  She and Jen made extra trips out to see us to do site visits of all the venues that were still available, they drew up cost comparisons on four of them - essentially four completely new wedding price options.  They set up calls with caterers and phoned in favors with their preferred vendors to do everything they could for their couple who just lost their venue and a Bride who was on the verge of losing her job...and quite possibly on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  Christina made herself available, however many times a day, to listen, to let me vent, to let me cry, to be there for us.  She was the first to tell me that what I was feeling was normal or if I was overthinking or if I just needed to calm down and breathe.  I could always count on her to be honest with me and I greatly appreciated her opinions on where we should spend our money and where she felt it would be a waste or go unnoticed.

Four weeks out from our wedding, we still didn't have a venue, but Christina came up with a never-before-seen solution: we sent reprinted invitations that said "Surprise Location...visit our website to find out where we're getting married" to buy us time because we were waiting to find out if our top venue choice could obtain their entertainment license in time.  We signed with them a couple days later just in time to add their details to our website as guests opened up our invitations.  Two weeks before the wedding, we signed with our caterer (no time for a tasting).  The week of my wedding, my company was officially acquired and I found out that I would transition over to the new company.  I still had a job!

Our wedding weekend was a whirlwind and AMAZING.  My husband and I had never experienced as much stress in our lives as we did in those eight weeks and while we received so much outreach, love and support from family and friends, it was Christina and the Whitney Events Team that got us through it all.  We are incredibly grateful and we don't think we'll ever be able to properly thank them enough!  Hiring Whitney Events will be one of the best and smartest investments you'll make for your wedding, hands down.

Sent on 10/11/2019

• Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes

Real Weddings

• Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley
    Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley Wedding Officiants

Christina Whitney is a calm voice on a crowded day. Whenever I officiate one of her weddings, I know that the entire event is in good hands.

• NJohnston Weddings
    NJohnston Weddings Wedding Photographers

Christina Whitney exemplifies what it means to be a top-notch professional coordinator. Her thoughtful demeanor and tact make her a class act that's hard to follow. I love working with her and so do all her clients.

• New York, 10024 See on map