101 Pepper Grove Avenue, Springfield, TN 37172 Map · Phone number

About What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium

Located in the beautiful, historic community of Springfield, Tennessee, we specialize in custom, designer cakes for weddings, birthdays, baby/bridal showers, engagement parties, anniversaries, corporate events, religion events, or any reason to celebrate. We also offer a full array of delicious, homemade desserts, including the southern favorite....fried pies...all legitimately made from scratch and fresh daily.

As a cake boutique, we work closely with each customer to create their specialty cake. We love a challenge and invite you to come
and design the cake you have always dreamed of. Our 3D cakes are a huge hit as well....especially our 3D Stadium Cakes. We believe that everyone deserves a cake that reflects their own unique personality and taste. After all... who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?

We also have a huge selection of Cake Pops and Cookie Bouquets.

Make A Cake Birthday Parties and Lady Teas!

Follow What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium on

3103502452454157516143689124829009241364509320n
What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium
Pittsburg Steeler Stadium Cake.
Everything is edible!
Pittsburg Steeler Stadium Cake. Everything is edible!
Yo Gabba Gabba Childrens Cake
Yo Gabba Gabba Childrens Cake
Rubber Duckie Shower Cake
Rubber Duckie Shower Cake
Cake Pops....all themes and all kinds of flavors!
Cake Pops....all themes and all kinds of flavors!
Three tier butter cream wedding cake
Three tier butter cream wedding cake
Fondant Cake Great for wedding or bridal shower.
Fondant Cake Great for wedding or bridal shower.
Something different
Something different
Cake Pops....these are great for favors.  They can personalized too!
Cake Pops....these are great for favors. They can personalized too!
Pink...is that your favorite color?
Pink...is that your favorite color?
3103502452454157516143689124829009241364509320n
What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium
Pittsburg Steeler Stadium Cake.
Everything is edible!
Pittsburg Steeler Stadium Cake. Everything is edible!

3 Reviews for What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium

It was beautiful! I wanted something elegant but simple and traditional. They exceeded the bar!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Barbara · Married on 09/13/2011

We had our wedding pretty spur of the moment. I spent about an hour on the phone with Teri and then came in and visited. The deadline was only ten days.

Teri not only came through she exceeded my expectations. We had an extra cake for free just in case we did not have enough for our guests.

We wound up freezing the little cake. It was so adorable!

Our cake was so much more beautiful than I imagined in my head. The price was impossible to believe and my "quicky wedding" became quickly Fabulous! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Clata · Married on 09/24/2011

1.6
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0
      0.0
      1.0

I find that I cannot give What a Cake a good review. At all, and I will list why below, in this review I would like people to take these things into acct. This is a new and growing business owner. She has a lot going on right now, traveling between 2 different states. I understand that she is going through a lot. She has a wonderful dream and offers some VERY delicious choices. Her price reflects a growing small business.
    The reasons I cannot give her a good review are as follows:
    -The Accounting is handled by 2 different people without a spreadsheet database. So mistakes were made, fortunately it did not hurt me in anyway, but if done properly there wouldn't be as many problems.
    -I did not receive what I had paid for. The colors for my wedding were green and purple.. I am not a picky person, but yellow was not the chosen color for any of my cakes, much less the Main one. Furthermore, I had specified that I did not want pure white on my cake. I wanted more ivory or bone. I got pure white.
    -Apparently there is a new thing called sugar veil that you can put on your cake. It was described to me as a very thin type of fondant with more sugar in it. Wrong. It was extremely thick and would not have given the look I had wanted, if I had known this before the wedding we could have changed it.
    -When I initially spoke to her, the whole idea had been satellite cakes in greens and purples set atop vases. The sugar veil was suppose to look like My Veil had been draped over it. What I got was 2 yellow cakes, a couple of green, and a couple of purples with what looked like hankies with hearts in them. Not what I wanted at all. The only thing that was correct in the design is what I had to provide. i.e. the vases and things to go in the vases.
    -After the initial meeting I did not hear from them again unless I contacted her. and while I got emails back from her, it was hard to truly get in touch with her. She did call me 2 days before the wedding to tell me that she was putting what looked like different lace designs on all the different cakes, and that wound up working better with my theme. I reiterated that it was not to be pure white though. That again was not what I got.
    - The biggest issue that I had with the whole thing, was that they arrived VERY late. During the ceremony actually. One of my guests had to stand far enough away from the ceremony, so that he could answer her phone calls during it. All of my vendors showed up 2 to 3 hours early, except her. When she had emailed me the night before to confirm delivery time, I had assumed that between 3pm and 4pm was clear. The only reason why she got there before the ceremony was over was because we had started the ceremony late. She was still setting up, when it ended.
    - All in all I do not feel I can reccomend her to my friends. It has been 10 months since my wedding and I still feel this way. Unless what a cake can start getting themselves more organized, I do not feel that they will do well.

Sent on 10/02/2011

What-A-Cake! Cakery & Goodie Emporium FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• 101 Pepper Grove Avenue Springfield, 37172 See on map
    Email/Facebook 24/7 Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Consultations by appointment only Tuesday through Thursday