255 N. Michigan St. Apt. 1, Lawrence, KS 66044 Map · Phone number

About West Birch Photography

We are a husband-and-wife team who are drawn to the emotional aspect to photography. We typically arrive at weddings and couple shoots relaxed and ready to see the events that unfold in front of us. All couples are different, and the dynamics between couples differs dramatically as well. Our goal is to interact with the couple in a way to make them forget about the shoot and wait for the moment when they let us in. When this happens, people's natural beauty is observed and their notion about who they need to be in front of the camera disappears.

Follow West Birch Photography on

c5ef1c9b444adb65 1339943029383 bethwedwire
tami2wedwire

2 Reviews for West Birch Photography

Tamisha · Married on 03/10/2012

Working with west birch photography is like working with compassionate, energized friends who will turn your dreams into reality. My husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Mircea and Lisa for our engagement and wedding photos. We planned our wedding in Lawrence Kansas from our home in Phoenix. Planning an out of state wedding can be challenging but working with west birch made it easy. Mircea and Lisa were great about accommodating our availability of time to meet with them when we visited Lawrence. They are always prompt with responding back to emails and phone calls and it was much appreciated. They took our general ideas and provided great feedback. They took time to scope out locations ahead of our engagement photos and wedding. Their use of natural light and natural settings is what we were looking for. We never felt staged or uncomfortable.

Our wedding went off without a hitch, they work with you to develop a timeline of events to ensure they capture all those moments that you desire. Lisa is exceptional at developing the schedule and being realistic about what can be done. They are professional on all levels and always aim to please the customer while being objective.

In terms of pricing, they are worth every penny. They are competitively priced and they deliver on time. They have great packages and work with you to develop a package that fit your needs. They are great about not nickel and diming you. The use of the on-line gallery makes it easy for ordering and it also provides us an easy way to share the photos with our family and friends. We truly appreciate the love and hard with they put into our photos.

If anyone has any questions about their service and wants to know from a very happy bride, please let me know. I am sure you too will enjoy their service and have pictures that reflect the love that you share with your partner.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Tricia · Married on 11/26/2010

I cannot begin to tell you how much we loved having West Birch Photography on hand for our wedding day. They were professional, friendly, well-organized, and thoughtful, and the resulting photographs make it clear that they approach every shoot with the goal of preserving both the look and feel of your special moments. Some highlights included:

* They requested a brainstorm session in advance to make sure all the "staged" shots we wanted would be included. This was great--on the day of the wedding, I was absolutely not in a headspace to try to make sure everyone got a picture done!

* They requested the nomination of (and introduction to) a dedicated "who's who" person, so that they could be sure to catch everyone on my brainstorm checklist without having to pull me aside every 5 minutes to ask who exactly "Aunt So-and-So" was.

* Proofs were ready astonishingly quickly. I had a cd of my final photos in hand before a friend of mine, who had been married 2 weeks before our wedding day, had even seen any of her proofs.

* West Birch's creativity is unparalleled. They found angles and shots that I would never have dreamed of--and of course, those shots have turned out to be some of my favorites. They're glad to accommodate the more traditional shots--bride with bouquet, groom grinning, etc--but they also seek out more unique poses and environments that add a little extra "wow" factor to the end results.

* They're fantastically observant and seem to be able to be everywhere at once. There are numerous photos in my wedding album where the folks at West Birch were able to catch some particularly precious moments among our guests--moments that I didn't even *see* at the time. Seeing the pictures afterwards added an extra, wonderful dimension to our memories of our special day.

* They are so friendly! They seemed less like stiff, formal photographers, and more like guests who just happened to have a camera and an amazing talent for photography. Having them there brought an extra vibrancy and joy to the occasion, because they're just such merry people to be around.

Sent on 04/19/2011

West Birch Photography FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

• 255 N. Michigan St. Apt. 1 Lawrence, 66044 See on map