Encinitas, CA 92024 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Weddings in DR

You already found YOUR better half....let us be your WEDDING'S!

Welcome to Weddings in DR, where we specialize in the organizing and planning of your big day. Whether it's timelines, guest lists, head counts, seating arrangements, budget guides, inspiration, venue research, websites, invitations, themes, overall conceptualizing, or anything else wedding that's over your head, we're here to make your life easier!

A happy wife is a happy life, so leave the chaos to us! ?

"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a [venue] filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for; he said one that would make me his wife." -Unknown

We also specialize in our A SMART BRIDE IS AN ORGANIZED BRIDE wedding planning CD software. Packed with custom excel spreadsheets to perfect the planning & organizing of your wedding day. With our CD software, you'll have your ideas and lists organized in one safe place. Mention this add and save an instant 20%. We love our brides, & will do anything to make their wedding day perfect :)

You already found your better half, let us be your wedding's!

XOXO,

The Better Half Girls

Follow Weddings in DR on

DSC7208
07b4cf12eb890845 1357931588715 ohdeerforweb1
Custom Starfish Garland
Beach bouquet we custom designed with orchids, dahlias, monkey tails, and more! We picked out the...
Each centerpiece had a custom "driftwood" insert, with the couple's favorite surf spots from all...
Custom favors created by BHW, tying in how & where the couple first met!
Custom favors created by BHW, tying in how & where the couple first met!
Surfboard guest book! We bought a used one from a local surf shop, cleaned it up, and provided...
Starfish garland hanging from each aisle chair
Starfish garland hanging from each aisle chair
Wedding wine
Wedding wine
Groomsmen looking fly!
Groomsmen looking fly!
Purchased the chairs, shells, & fencing to make this cake a perfect 10!
Purchased the chairs, shells, & fencing to make this cake a perfect 10!
Dessert
DSC7208
07b4cf12eb890845 1357931588715 ohdeerforweb1

8 Reviews for Weddings in DR

Jackie · Married on 12/08/2013

Shelley is the best wedding planner! First of all, she reached out to my husband and I because she wanted to plan the wedding of our dreams! With my husband in and out of the hospital, Shelley planned our ENTIRE wedding for us! She surprised us by having services donated from every vendor you could imagine! Shelley arranged several very thorough and organized planning meetings to go over every detail. She is such at natural at figuring out your vision and making it a reality.
    Not only is Shelley a professional, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met! ever Any bride would feel comfortable talking to her about anything! Better Half Weddings was by our side through every step of the way and made us feel so confident in our planning process! There's no way possible we would have had our beautiful, magical and unforgettable wedding without Shelley and Better Half!!!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Marelys · Married on 11/10/2013

I hired the better half team for day of coordinating services when I realized that my fiancee and I could not possibly orchestrate all of the behind the scenes details that go into a wedding and enjoy our special day. Shelley the owner was extremely sweet, responsive, and professional. She even worked within our budget. Shelley was so amazing that I was actually a little worried when I learned that another member of the BHW team would be assisting us due to Shelley being on maternity leave. Boy was I wrong to be worried! Amy was just as sweet and responsive! The "day of" services kicked off a month in advanced. Amy was organized and just as responsive and easy to work with as Shelley. The day of we also had Danielle and Kat to help out which meant a whole little team of amazing women with a sheer focus on ensuring our day ran smoothly. I could not have asked for a better team to help keep everything on task and on time the day of. The better half girls even worked as therapists throughout the day and helped ease EVERY worry I had. When I needed them throughout the night they were readily available. The better half team is part of the family now! Their services were hands down the best money spent for our wedding as we could have never pulled it off with such grace without them. I truly was able to enjoy my day because of their hard work :) I very highly recommend Better Half Weddings!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Danielle · Married on 03/03/2013

I hired Better Half Weddings for my Day of Coordinator service, and boy, am I glad I did! They were my extra set of hands when I couldn't set it all up myself. I am what you might say "a control freak" and I was able to tell them how I wanted things to be set up and look and they blew me away! I would not have been able to relax during the wedding if it wasn't for them! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Weddings in DR FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,750.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 3,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 150.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Full Planning, Guest List Creation, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Weddings in DR 1
    A Smart Bride is an Organized Bride CD
    Receive $25 off our A Smart Bride is an Organized Bride Planning CD! CD contains worksheets to help keep you organized while planning your big day. This is the perfect gift to yourself, or another bride-to-be! Perfect for the bride who feels confident in doing most of the planning herself, but needs a little guidance staying organized, staying within budget, and staying on track with a timeline. Email for more info! {info@betterhalfweddings.com} A SMART BRIDE IS AN ORGANIZED BRIDE!

• Sweet 'N' Flour
    Sweet 'N' Flour Wedding Cakes

Shelley of Better Half Weddings & Events, Inc. is one truly kind & talented lady with an amazing love for helping you plan a beautiful and unforgettable wedding day or event! And if you are lucky enough to work with her, you can plainly see that she takes a thoughtful and sensitive approach to fulfilling every creative need as your wedding and events planner. Shelley has a heart of gold and will put every bit of it into making your event even more special than you could imagine!!

• Make Me Up Artistry
    Make Me Up Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Better Half Weddings is a well established industry pro. I have had the privilege of working and getting to know it's founder "Shelley Cameron". She's absolutely fantastic! Her style is romantic & timeless. Her attention to detail is quite inspiring. I proudly recommend her services to my clients! She delivers nothing but the best for every event!

• Cloud 9 Bakery
    Cloud 9 Bakery Wedding Cakes

The girls at Better Half Weddings are always such a joy to work with! Knowing they're one of the vendors on the team always brings a feeling of relief knowing everything will go smoothly with them on board! Organization, professionalism, responsive, attention to details (the most creative and amazing details at that), are all specialties of theirs, and I wish they were around when I got married!

• Encinitas, 92024 See on map