P.O. Box 763, West Point, VA 23181 Map · Phone number

45 Reviews for wedding cakes by charlie

1 User photo

wedding cakes by charlie 1

Carolyn · Married on 10/08/2017

Charlie has been a family friend for many years and it was decided before I had even met my fiance (and now husband) that I would be having "Charlie cake" at my some-day wedding. When the time came and the date was set, I immediately called Charlie to book him. We met with him for what might be the best part of wedding planning - a cake tasting! We got to try several flavors of cake and look through his extensive photos of designs he's done through the years. We selected a 4-tier cake that each had a different design (including one he matched to the lace on my dress!), as well as a small gluten-free cake for one of our guests, and a birthday cake for my brother, whose birthday was the same day as our wedding. I knew our cake would be delicious and beautiful, but Charlie continues to exceed expectations every time. The cake was absolutely stunning and he had varied the height of the layers to accentuate the different designs. There was a bit of sparkle everywhere (he knows me so well!) and it was beyond delicious (we had amaretto-raspberry, funfetti with chocolate filling, chocolate mocha, and my brother's cake was a true black forest cake). Everyone loved it and raved about it. If you need a cake for a wedding or any special occasion, Charlie is a "no-brainer" decision!.

Sent on 10/13/2017
    wedding cakes by charlie 2

Emily · Married on 12/03/2016

Definitely go with Charlie! Charlie not only made a beautiful and delicious wedding cake that everyone raved about, but each tier was a different flavor combination! Charlie was also so nice also to give me an additional sample cake when my mother visited from out of town.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/01/2016

If you need a cake, you MUST get one from Charlie! We had a four tier cake for our wedding on October 1, 2016 and EVERYONE raved about it. We heard from multiple people that it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted. We did three different flavors for the layers (carrot caramel, lemon raspberry, and chocolate mocha) and we didn't hear of a single flavor not being a hit at our reception.

In addition to being incredibly delicious, our cake was beautiful! Charlie combined two different designs for us and it turned out beautifully. We so enjoyed the process of planning with Charlie and cannot wait to enjoy our top layer on our anniversary!

Sent on 10/23/2016

wedding cakes by charlie FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• The Flower Cupboard
    The Flower Cupboard Wedding Florists

Charlie's cake are just the best!! There are no other words to desribe them, other than very artistic! My son used him for his wedding and everybody is still talking about the cake and the groom's cake, which was a surfboard nestled in sand. Whenever we work on a wedding together, my staff lines up with their finger out waiting for a squirt of the icing!!

• Creative Cuisines
    Creative Cuisines Wedding Caterers

Charlie has exceptional talent with baking and decorating wedding cakes. His easy going, eager to please attitude along with his attention to detail makes him the only choice, in my opinion, for the best tasting, beautifully decorated wedding cakes. His cakes are always enjoyed by everyone and they come back for seconds.

• P.O. Box 763 West Point, 23181 See on map