36-57 Main St 2nd Fl, Flushing, NY 11354 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Wedding Box Inc

We are proud to introduce you to our sleek and modern wedding boutique shop located in Flushing, NY. With more than 10 years of experiences in wedding services, Wedding Box is trusted by many of our bride and grooms. With one stop shop, brides never have to worry about multiple researches of bridal gowns, bridal party attires,makeup and hair-do, invitations, photography, videography, limo, favors and more. You will enjoy one on one attention from our experienced staffs and will guide you through your wedding planning. Let us plan you inforgettable wedding of your dreams today!

PA8
PA1
PA2

6 Reviews for Wedding Box Inc

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2007

Excellent photographs. Very artistic.

Sent on 05/27/2008

Ang · Married on 09/07/2008

Grade : A+

We gave Wedding Box as a group and individually an A+ because this vendor really worked together. Each staff while had their own task and function still worked coherently as a group with great teamwork skills to give us great service.

Site of Outdoor Pictures : Old Westbury Gardens

2nd Site of Outdoor Pictures : Kissena Park

Out of all the vendors we worked with, we were probably the most satisfied with Wedding Box for their photography. We bought their Diamond Package which included the following:

Studio Pictures
    Indoor and Studio Pictures on 2 separate days
    2 wedding gown rentals for studio pictures
    2 evening gown rentals for studio pictures; 1 of which I replaced with my own modified qipao
    3 grooms tux rentals
    Hair and Makeup for both days
    1 Studio Design Album with metallic photo paper inside + Studio Design CD
    2 enlargements

Wedding Day Pictures
    8 hour limo
    4 bridesmaid + 1 junior bridesmaid gown rentals ($15 extra for any alterations of length of skirt)
    4 groomsmen tux rentals
    2 grooms tux rental
    10 hour video and photo
    all master wedding day photo files
    unedited wedding day video for additional $150
    Hair and Makeup for 4 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, 2 moms and the bride

Photography by Rex, Oscar and Kevin
    We bought the Diamond Package because we were incredibly impressed with Rex's photography skills and style from our other friends' weddings. When you buy the Diamond Package, you are guaranteed Rex as your photographer. Rex taught us how to pose, made us laugh and really tried hard to take good quality pictures. When Rex took a picture that was just so so during the studio shoot he would shoot over - that was how incredibly professional Rex was. You would know when a photo met Rex's standards because he would stare at his camera and say "hmm... acceptable." We also worked with Oscar (photographer) and Kevin (assistant) who were both funny and very helpful. Oscar was very attentive to detail and made sure to always smooth out the bottom of my dress which was much appreciated. Oscar himself is also a photographer and his pictures are exceptional as well.

Makeup by Tina
    For hair and makeup, we worked with Tina. I can not say enough good things about Tina. She is very kind, professional and truly listened to what I wanted. Most of the time, I gave Tina free reign to work with my hair and Tina was very creative in the styles she created for me. Tina's makeup skills are also incredible. Apparently, Tina was a professional makeup artist for photo shoots and magazines back in Shanghai! On the day of our indoor shooting, I had gotten little to no sleep the night before and had a few red dots from residual acne + enormous eye bags. Tina made my skin flawless and gave me huge bright eyes. I keep telling everyone that I walked into Wedding Box looking like a pig and Tina had me walking out looking like a model. Tina exhibited the same patience and creative skill on the day of our wedding as well. We highly highly recommend working with Tina even if you just want makeup done separately.

On the day of our wedding, the girls had Aggie and I believe Vicky working on my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. They all turned out fabulous, especially Aggie's hairstyle for one of my bridesmaid's shorter hair. All my bridesmaids looked fabulous and even our guests commented on how beautiful they were!

Sales
    On the sales front, I dealt with a good number of gals. Our main sales rep was Annie who was great - she was very helpful and kept track of the pricing for our contract. We also worked closely with Kitty who is totally awesome. Kitty always followed up whenever I had a question and paid careful attention to small details. We worked a bit with kimberly and Vicky the week before the wedding because Annie went on vacation. Both gals were very helpful, espcially Kimberly when I was getting dressed into the Chinese Han Fu on the day of the wedding - Kimberly found me safety pins and double sided tape to stick up the bow on my Han Fu. All the sales were able to keep me in check when I started turning bridezilla in the last 2 weeks as well which was much appreciated! The one thing we would advise is to keep up with the items your schedule and with anything that is special ordered like dresses, enlargements, etc. The sales team is generally very good about following up but I've seen their calendar and they are very BUSY!

Limo
    The only thing we were a bit miffed about was the limo service on our wedding day. We were guaranteed 8 hours but we only really used the limo for 5-6. We let the limo driver off 2 hours early and paid the driver $20 tip but the driver came back to us saying that the minimum for tip had to be $50. The limo driver said that Wedding Box should have told us but that seemed kind of fishy. We were not very happy with the limo driver also because we gave the limo driver a bag of tulle to decorate the limo. When the limo driver took the bag, he made a comment, "What the F* am I supposed to do with this?" That was highly unprofessional. Although he did manage to get the 2 kitty plushes on the front of the car, the rest of the tulle was not used at all and he had plenty of time to use them up.

Attire Rentals
    Our package originally included bridemaid dress rentals from either Mori Lee or Forever Yours. I wanted a pale mint green color which none of those companies carried but Watters did. If Wedding Box were to order the actual Watters dress, I had to pay an extra ~$65/dress. Wedding Box offered to have a Taiwanese seamstress make the bridesmaid dresses based on the Watters design which would not cost extra. I took that risk and the dresses all came out fabulous, even customized to each girl's size! Only minimal alterations were needed so we were very happy on how the dresses turned out.

Videographer
    Ok, so the other thing that I wish we had more coverage on was the video part. Terrance/Lawrence did a pretty nice job in the beginning of the day with the tea ceremony coverage but we lost a good 30 minutes where the guests filtered into the chapel, the chapel itself, about 20 minutes of our cocktail hour and we lost bits of our 1st dance. We paid an extra $150 for the unedited footage a few days after the wedding and towards the end of the DVD, there were 2 sections of our DVD which together added up to be about 10 minutes of dancing from another bride's wedding =P LOL~ It was pretty funny because our whole family was watching the unedited video and when that part came up, we were like who turned on the Bollywood music? I'm guessing our videographer was recording over an old tape and was worried about running out of tape. It would have been awesome to get the whole 10 hours of footage so that we could do some of our own cutting and splicing but we did get a good ~5 hours. Otherwise, we were quite happy with how the unedited video turned out and are anxious to see the edited video.

For the price that we paid, we highly highly recommend Wedding Box because of the comprehensiveness in their services offered and quality of photos. Having great photos was really our priority and Wedding Box more than met our expectations. Being amateur photographers ourselves (ha!), I'd say meeting our goal was no easy task. Many many props and thanks to Rex, Oscar and Kevin at Wedding Box!

Sent on 09/24/2008

Susan · Married on 11/08/2008

3.5

You really need to know which packages fits your needs. Wedding Box is very accomodating and professional.

Sent on 12/18/2008

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Wedding Box Inc FAQ

• Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of the Groom, Flower Girls, Groom, Groomsmen, Ring Bearers
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Wedding Box Inc 1
    Studio Engagement Portrait
    Bring your own Outfit. Package includes 10p 4x6 Print Outs!!

• 36-57 Main St 2nd Fl Flushing, 11354 See on map