1263 Saint Helena Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91913 · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Wed and Wander

Wed and Wander are a wedding planning company based in Chula Vista, California. Shawn and Emilee Villar, the husband-and-wife team behind the company, focus on your experience. They will get to know your personalities, style, and taste to best celebrate your love story with an inspired and enjoyable time.

Experience

Wed and Wander have been planning events since 2009, having worked at award-winning wedding planning companies across the country. From intimate family-only gatherings to black-tie estate weddings, they have the experience to make your wedding day vision a reality. Other weddings they have planned include:

• Destination
  • Elopement
  • Military
  • Non-religious
  • Religious

Wed and Wander are happy to plan all parts of your wedding, from rehearsal dinner through the ceremony to the reception. Services that they offer include:

• Complimentary consultation
  • Unlimited communication via telephone and email
  • Day-of coordination
  • Site visits to ceremony and reception venues
  • Stocked emergency kit
  • Timelines
  • To-do lists
  • Vendor referrals

Areas Covered

Wed and Wander are in the San Diego Metropolitan Area but will work with you in another city or state, with 60 miles of travel included in their fee. They travel widely and often collaborate using video calls and email with clients.

690203246 o 51 1047217

Wed and Wander 6
Wed and Wander 7
  • Cindy

Cindy Haverkamp · Married on 08/25/2018

Emilee understands how to make your dreams a reality!

My wedding day was absolutely perfect. Emilee made sure that I had no worries on the day of the wedding and came a few days early to pick up and set up tables, flowers, rentals, etc. We had our wedding in our own backyard, and Emilee had a lot of DIY details to manage. Many products we used to make our wedding day special were sourced from the place we used to live - Vashon Island. This included bread by our favorite baker, flowers from a farm on the island, salmon caught by a friend, other foods provided by friends from the island (including our "cake" which was cupcakes), plates, napkins and other party stuff from our friends "No-Trash-Party-Stash", musicians from the island (from our old church, Vashon United Methodist). Another super-cool and fun thing Emilee did was setting up a "photo booth" in a quiet part of our yard with a beautiful velvet couch and getting every single couple/family to pose for a pic with our photographer. Don’t wait! Book Emilee today!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Wed and Wander 12
    Wed and Wander 13
    Wed and Wander 14

Wed and Wander's reply:

This was such a fun, unique event for us to be a part of!! Loved that you guys had such clear vision for what would bring you the most JOY on your big day!
  • Lauren

Lauren Marvel · Married on 08/16/2018

The PERFECT wedding planner for us!

I'm a bit of a control freak, and I never had to worry about anything because Emilee was just that good. I had no doubts that the day would go off without a hitch because Emilee had my back. I wasn't worried about vendors or coordination or family drama because Emilee was on top of it. She knew what we needed and wanted out of our day so well that it was just all taken care of before I could even have time to worry.

Everything about my wedding felt like us - 100%. It felt like the best, totally authentic, true-to-us, day of our lives. The venue was this sleepy mountain resort town. My husband and I got the best biscuit breakfast sandwich at a little gas station store on the way to get our marriage license. Getting ready with my girls in a cabin that we had to ourselves was so relaxing and special. The small ceremony was perfect- my husband and I cried the whole time. I think everyone did. I've never felt so surrounded by love. The reception was the same - we were able to spend time with everyone and really get to celebrate!

I had a family brooch pinned inside my wedding gown. Instead of a pillow for the ring bearer, my nephew carried an old lace family bible. We walked down the aisle to our song- Until You by Dave Barnes. Our table centerpieces had photos of my husband and I each at a different age - one year old at table one, etc. Everything about the wedding and reception felt like it was ours. Emilee listened to who we are, both individually and as a couple, and helped us express that in the little details of our day. At the end of the night, we came back to a cabin that Emilee had beautifully decorated with the cutest turndown service - and stocked with leftovers from the reception for our midnight snacks!

Take a moment to meet Emilee. She's the perfect combination of laid back and energetic. She makes you feel totally at ease and confident that everything will get done. She's there to make your day about you - and she helps you figure out what that looks like- it will be even more beautiful than you imagine. It doesn't feel like working with a planner, it feels like working with a dependable friend.

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Wed and Wander 21
    Wed and Wander 22
    Wed and Wander 23

Wed and Wander's reply:

ahhhh such a beautiful celebration Lauren!! Your and Ryan's vows were some of the sweetest I've ever witnessed. I just remember a ton of laughter and happy tears shared by everyone all day. What a happy day!
  • Sarah

Sarah Conway · Married on 09/29/2017

Made my vision come to life!

I loved all of the AMAZING advice that we received throughout our wedding planning process. Without Wed + Wonder Co. we would have never done a first look and now it is one of our favorite memories from our big day! Wed + Wonder Co. also helped us set a wedding budget broken down by each item/vendor which was extremely helpful when choosing vendors. Wed + Wander Co. also helped us with details that sometimes can slip through the cracks during the planning and budgeting process like tips/thank you notes for your vendors, gifts for your parents, dance lessons, etc!

Favorite Memories in no particular order:
    1. The first look - We kept debating if we wanted to do a first look, but now it is one of our favorite memories from our wedding day! It is so special to have that alone time with your soon to be husband before the business of your wedding day begins.
    2. Getting ready with my girls - We had to start hair and makeup at 7:00am even though pictures didn't start until 1:30pm because there were so many of us. As much as we all dreaded starting that early we had a beautiful sun room at Moonstone Manor to get ready in and it turned out to be such a relaxing and fun time with my girls. So many laughs and fun times were shared that morning.
    3. Walking down the aisle - It was such a special moment for me and my Dad as he was in an accident only a few months before and so we were not sure if he would even be able to walk me down the aisle. Thankfully he could walk me down with a cane and it meant everything to both of us.
    4. First Dance - We went to 1 dance class to get a good idea of how to do an easy choreographed dance and not only was the dance class a great time (I would highly recommend it) but it made us feel so comfortable on the dance floor. It wasn't perfect and we definitely messed up a few steps but it was special to us since we learned it together and could now share it with our friends and family.
    5. Sparkler exit - LOVED having a sparkler exit! It is so much fun to parade through your family and friends lighting the way with your new husband and to see everyones excitement one last time before you leave the venue.

And, some favorite personal details that we included in our day:
    1. I had my moms lace veil sewn into the bottom of my dress.
    2. We used the unity candle that Todd's mom and late father used in their wedding ceremony.

Not only does Wed + Wander Co. help to plan your big day with the utmost professionalism, attention to detail, and brilliant creativity but she also truly cares about you as a person and about making your wedding day one of the happiest days of your life! That makes all the difference in the world! You will not see Wed + Wander Co. as just another vendor, but as a friend and someone that you can turn to for anything during your wedding planning process!

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Wed and Wander 35
    Wed and Wander 36
    Wed and Wander 37

Wed and Wander's reply:

Oh my goodness Sarah. This is why we love our client friends!! I absolutely LOVED helping you plan your gorgeous wedding day. What a privilege it was to help you and Todd! You two are perfect for one another. Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your celebration!

Wed and Wander FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 150.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Destination, Elopement, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 2