1211 NE 9th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About We Take The Cake

To us, cake isn't just a dessert. It's a symbol of celebration, happiness, friends and family. That's why we take so much care in creating the most splendid and delectable cakes and cupcakes....because we know what it means to you.

We're a small team, but we kind of like it that way. It allows us to make sure that each cake is handmade, hand decorated andbeautifully packaged. In fact, Oprah loved our key Lime Bundt Cake so much that she named it one of Oprah's favorite things! Soon after We Take The Cake appeared on three different Food Network shows (Challenge, Road Tasted and Unwrapped) and has since been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, CNNmoney.com, The washington Post, Miami Herald and other magazines, newspapers and local television shows and radio.

We're quite proud of our achievements and strive to make sure we keep up the good work year after year as we continue to craft each cake by hand using only the finest, all-natural ingredients.

We ship anywhere in the continental United States. Our charming bakery is located in South Florida, and if you're in the area we would love to have you stop by and enjoy our creations fresh from the oven.

Follow We Take The Cake on

d5323181470063ee sequin cake
versace cake
sequin cake
We Take The Cake
lace and bow wedding cake
rhinestones and flowers

We Take The Cake 3
  • Jessica

Jessica Rhodes · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Great Cakes

The cakes are great! Enjoyed our cake tasting. Highly recommend. We couldn’t decide on just one flavor, so we got two. Lol!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Katie · Married on 04/26/2019

Tastiest cake ever!

Our friends used this bakery for their wedding cake in November - I am not a cake person by any means (I really didn't care to have one at all at my wedding), but I had to ask where it was from. Their coconut cake was to die for. When we booked our wedding at Margaritaville and found out We Take the Cake was one of our 3 vendors to choose our cake from (included with our venue free of charge), we were soooo excited! We didn't even bother trying the 2 other bakeries. Jean was so helpful, she answered our emails right away, got us in for a tasting within two weeks, and designed a cake just for us. We went with 3 different flavors - one for each tier and a simple naked design. Jean went back and forth with us designing an amazing tasting cake and tons of our guests asked what the flavors were and where they could get this cake!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 02/16/2019

Beautiful Cake and Amazing Service

We had our wedding at the Historic Maxwell Room, and We Take the Cake was on their preferred vendor list. And it was a wonderful recommendation. The tasting was a lot of fun, and they made the cake just as I wanted it. It arrived on time, and fed EVERYONE and then some. We got a blended flavor of chocolate and white cake...the chocolate cream cheese was a HIT! So I do recommend it if you're trying to decide. I really liked the simplicity of flavors. I get why people want an array of options, but with cake...it can definitely get out of hand. I loved that there were only a few flavors and combinations to try and we got to try all of them, and then however we wanted the cake was no problem. Really! Check this place out! You won't be disappointed. Photo credit by Coastal Sun and Surf Photography

We Take The Cake 4
    We Take The Cake 5
    Sent on 04/30/2019

We Take The Cake FAQ

$ 5.00
    $ 8.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

Real Weddings

• Ink'n Pen
    Ink'n Pen Wedding Invitations

We Take the Cake is a bakery here in my neighborhood. I have seen it change hands and this owner is the best. I have tasted many cupcake flavors and have bought full cakes for many occasions. One is more delicious than the next! They are always welcoming and your order is ready when needed. I would definitely recommend them to cater your event or to just stop by for a tasty dessert.

• Sandpiper's Cove Restaurant & Bar
  • Beauty in the Making
    Beauty in the Making Wedding Planners

We Take The Cake has fabulous cakes! Awesome choice.

• 1211 NE 9th Ave Fort Lauderdale, 33304 See on map