San Jose, CR CR 0000Z Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About WDJCR [Wedding DJ Costa Rica]

WDJCR began in late 2011, when Mason Dunn returned to Nosara, Costa Rica from Vermont.Mason began playing weddings when a local coordinator was short of music for an upcoming wedding. She contacted him, and after the first wedding, she booked him for the rest of the season. Over the next several years, WDJCR became what it is today, with standard, professional grade equipment, high end sound, and clean, immaculate mixing. Mason specializes in providing any kind of music that clients request. With a background that ranges from Salsa to Underground House, Hip-hop to 80s & 90s, WDJCR is sure to bring just the flavor you need for your special night.

Mason identifies more as a club DJ than your typical wedding DJ. Not one to make much of a presence on the mic unless otherwise requested, Mason’s focus is on sound quality, professional mixing, and keeping people dancing. Aside from weddings and private events, Mason can be found playing at the best clubs in Costa Rica. He currently hosts both a popular hip hop night as well as a successful monthly underground house party, and is often featured at some of the most renowned parties in the country.

christine richard 4406

1 User photo

WDJCR [Wedding DJ Costa Rica] 1

Justin · Married on 06/08/2019

Awesome DJ and dancing!

Mason kept everyone on the dance floor for the entire second half of our wedding. Our guests were quickly grabbing dessert or another drink because they didn't want to miss any of the party. Mason mixed all the songs together well and kept things moving every few minutes. I've never seen a DJ at a wedding enjoy his craft so much and our guests had nothing but rave reviews!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Janelle · Married on 06/06/2019

Mason Brings The Party!

He was simply the best wedding DJ I've ever heard! And no, that's not because it was my own wedding. All of my guests commented on the outstanding job he did - and all of our bodies ached the day after from dancing so hard!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about picking a DJ in Costa Rica but my wedding planner (Alexa w/ Weddings Nosara) pointed me toward Mason and the reviews don't lie. He was great! From initial contact all the way to the final song I was impressed. We gave him such little direction and he just crushed it! He paid attention to what songs guests were into and just kept it rolling THE ENTIRE NIGHT! I don't think he even took a break. I highly recommend him - worth every penny!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Tindle · Married on 06/01/2019

If you don’t use him for your wedding you are seriously missing out!

Mason did an amazing job at our wedding. We really did not want any cheesy wedding music played and sent him idea of what we wanted. He basically took the best parts of every single song and did an amazing mix! Literally every single person at our wedding was out of their seat and dancing. Everyone including myself kept commenting on how it was the best playlist they’ve ever heard! Not only that but my stepson who is 8 loves DJs and wants to be one when he grows up. Mason had my stepson hang out with him the entire night and let him help. It made my stepsons day! He is amazing with guests, he’s extremely talented and he will make everyone get out of their seat at your wedding. Highly highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/10/2019

WDJCR [Wedding DJ Costa Rica] FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,400.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, MC

• Tierra Magnifica
    Tierra Magnifica Hotel Weddings

WDJCR has done a phenomenal job for every event we have worked together on. As a service provider, he has exceeded our expectations on every occasion, 100% reliable and accountable, top notch quality of service, great energy and very friendly. Every bride and groom we've hosted has been beyond satisfied with his services and would request him time and time again. We highly recommend WDJCR!

• Weddings Nosara
    Weddings Nosara Wedding Planners

We have had the pleasure of working with Mason for the last few years. From a planning and coordination perspective he is the ideal vendor. Always plans ahead, double checks locations and needs and confirms just prior to the day of the event. Feedback from our bridal couples has been unequivocally positive, and Mason's playlists rock the house!