239 Evans Lane, Alexandria, VA 22304 Map · Phone number

About Wars to Weddings

I decided on the name Wars to Weddings because, in my 13 years as a photographer and photojournalist, I've covered everything from wars to weddings. I think everyone has a story to tell whether it's the soldier, the bride, the local fisherman, or the Secretary of Defense. This is my passion and I'm fortunate to get to do it every day of my life.

I began photographing weddings as favors for friends more than 10 years ago, and instantly fell in love with it. I'm a diehard romantic and believe there is nothing more special or beautiful than when two lives are joined as one. I consider myself lucky to be a witness to it.

My style is a combination of photojournalism and fine art photography to capture raw emotion with an artistic flair. I will be as unobtrusive as possible without missing the moments that make your day special.

reception 002
w2wb
julieandmatt 00022a

15 Reviews for Wars to Weddings

Marggie · Married on 09/24/2016

We couldn't have asked for a better choice in photographer! Cherie is a genius! She knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera! Her photos are amazing and definitely tell a story! She did a beautiful job on our engagement photos and I can't even describe how spectacular the wedding pictures turned out. Cherie and Todd were complete professionals and have a gift for what they do!

I definitely highly recommend Wars to Wedding Photography! Cherie, you have us as loyal customers! :)

Sent on 10/15/2016

James · Married on 07/10/2015

Cherie is fantastic and a true professional. She made us feel like part of the process from the start and worked with us before our wedding day to organize a list of the pictures we wanted of family, friends, and the wedding party. Once those were completed, she took a journalistic approach and photographed events as they happened, snapping a lot of wonderful candid shots, including some great dance pictures. We are so incredibly pleased with our beautiful photos! We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Garrett and Kathy · Married on 05/23/2015

We got married about a month ago and WarsToWeddings / Cherie Cullen photographed our event from beginning to end. We couldn't be happier with our experience--Cherie really helped our day run smoothly and the quality of her work is phenomenal. We were a little late in booking a photographer, and Cherie came as a referral from a family member. She was very flexible and accommodating in scheduling our event, even though it was a little bit short notice and over a holiday weekend. On the day of our wedding, things got busy and we ran a little behind schedule, but Cherie and her second photographer, Sean, did everything they could to help us get great photos and still get to our venue on time. The shots of our ceremony and reception are fantastic--they captured so much of the evening that we weren't able to see ourselves, and were fun and friendly along the way. Cherie's pricing is competitive and we can't say enough about the quality of her work. We highly recommend WarsToWeddings to anyone who might need a great photographer!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Wars to Weddings's reply:

Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to fill out a review for me! I hear from clients all the time that reading reviews really helps them to make their decision...and it helps me out too! Thank you!!

Award

Wars to Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow

• 239 Evans Lane Alexandria, 22304 See on map