Alexandria, VA 22309 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $1,800

About Visuals by J.McKenzie

I believe everyone has a story worth reading & there's no better way to tell it than with a photograph. I was blessed with this job in 2010. I fall in love with it more year after year. With no formal training or teaching, I create and document with a deep rooted love for visuals and an unwavering respect for the atmospheres in storytelling. The challenges in this career and the lessons learned from them shaped the person I am today. I identify with clients and adapt. I resolutely work for the quality expected from a professional and a friend.

I make use of uncomplicated techniques, for both of us. Sometimes to remain simple is difficult, but rewarding and I assess what works and do more of it. I know that my art is not for everyone but once you decide that my way of storytelling is for you, it's no longer just you, your spouse or just me, it's us. & we're in writing this story together.

Feel free to hang around and see more of my work. If you like to know me more, please say hello. While calls and Facetime are convenient, I am, as always, up for a good handshake over a cup of coffee.

Thanks for dropping by.

Visuals by J.McKenzie 7
  • Tayara

Tayara · Married on 03/30/2019

Capturing Memories

I can not begin to describe how awesome Jamaal is! From the first email to our wedding and beyond -- Jamaal has been amazing. He was so responsive to all of my emails -- even the ones I sent at like 3am. I was already blowing my wedding budget, so I booked Jamaal as a single shooter (trying to save money) -- much to my delight, he surprised me by bringing a second shooter with him anyway (he notified me about a week prior). He and Loren worked seamlessly together. They showed up earlier than expected and got to work immediately. I told Jamaal that I didn't want to do many staged photos -- I wanted the candid moments captured. I got more than I could have bargained for. Of course, we did the major staged photos of family and bridal party, but it was done so quickly and smoothly that we all still got a chance to enjoy part of the cocktail hour. Throughout the night, I honestly didn't realize all of the moments they were capturing -- they truly blended in with the guests. We had videographers as well, and Jamaal worked cohesively with them that it seemed as though they were a team. There was no competition among them like I've heard with others. Even more, we got ALL of our photos back ridiculously fast! We got married on a Saturday and had all of our photos by Thursday! It was the most amazing experience, ever! I recommend Jamaal for any and every photographic need. His eye captures beauty and creates art.

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 17
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 18
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 19

Maura · Married on 03/09/2019

Best decision we ever made!

Having Jamaal's team photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we have ever made! We felt like we were old friends immediately during our FaceTime intro meeting. Jamaal's warmth, confidence, and the depth of his knowledge of wedding timelines and needs put us instantly at ease. Jamaal was working another event on our wedding date so we worked with photographers Kendra and Ruby. Kendra's incredible positive energy had everyone laughing and smiling all day long. She took charge when needed, calmed my nerves during a few 'moments' and worked the room effortlessly. Ruby was lovely, friendly, and knew exactly what to do at all times. I can't tell you how wonderful our day was knowing that we had absolute professionals capturing each moment. It was hard to keep a straight face because they had me laughing all day! Our photos turned out PERFECTLY!! I highly recommend Jamaal, who flawlessly edited all photos and answered my seemingly endless questions, Ruby who inspired confidence the second we met her, and Kendra, who brought the best energy to my day! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 20
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 21
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 22
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 23
    Visuals by J.McKenzie 24

Courtney Schettino · Married on 03/09/2019

Would Recommend!

Jamaal was very easy to work with and a great value. I didn't want to spend hour taking staged photos, he did a great job making the process easy and not stressful at all. The photos are beautiful and his turnaround time was SUPER FAST.

Sent on 04/28/2019