1124 NW 173rd St., Edmond, OK 73012 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $100
Availability Check your date

About Vincent Po

My name is Vincent Po, and I’m a professional photographer traveling the USA photographing weddings for free in exchange for a place to sleep, food to eat, and story to tell. The project is called Portrait of a Young Couple (website at https://portraitofayoungcouple.com) and you can see more of my work at https://vincentpo.com

I’m currently looking for couples who'd like to participate in the project, which entails providing food and a place to sleep the week leading up to the wedding, as well as a willingness to share your story openly and honestly. In return, I’d be delighted to photograph your wedding for free, as well as photograph anything else you’d like me to in the week leading up :)

This is a pretty non-traditional kind of wedding photography arrangement, so if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to read anything on the website (https://poayc.com) or reach out to me directly!

Is this a scam? How are you photographing weddings for free?

This is absolutely not a scam; if you look on the project website (https://poayc.com) or my personal portfolio (https://vincentpo.com) you'll see that I'm a very real person doing a very real thing. My motivations for starting this project run deep and wide, but the short version is that I want to learn about people all across the United States different from myself. There's of course no such thing as a completely free lunch; you'll need to provide me with accomodations and food in the week leading up to the wedding, but in return you'll have the opportunity to have your story told and get beautiful wedding photos.

Who are you, and what's your background?

My name is Vincent Po, and I'm a professional wedding and portrait photographer. I first picked up photography in college (I studied Electrical Engineering at Princeton) as a way to find a new hobby that made me happy for the sake of happiness, and subsequently fell in love with portraiture and how it's allowed me to meet and become friends with people with talents and perspectives different from my own.

Contrary to popular belief, the job of a portrait photographer is less about finding the perfect background or light, and more about creating an environment where everyone can feel confident and comfortable. Just as we grab drinks or meals with people as a way to create time and space for conversation, so a photoshoot, done right, is the same. Getting lunch is less about the food and more about the connection, and portraiture is less about the camera and more about the conversation.

What results is both natural, beautiful photos and a fun, genuine experience!

Where can I see more of your work?

My portfolio presents the most comprehensive view of my work available, http://vincentpo.com. There, you'll find not just my wedding work but also the extensive work I've done in advertising, portraiture, landscape, and shows + events. You can also view this work by scrolling through the above storefront photos.

• Higher Ground Weddings

5 Reviews for Vincent Po

• Alison

Alison Delapp · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Best Photographer experience!

Vincent made the entire process of being photographed easy. Everything from meeting us to discuss what shots we wanted to getting the shots on the day of, he was super pleasant to be around and attentive to details. And last, but certainly not least, the collection of images he provided after the wedding was stunning! We had a non-traditional wedding and he captured it as it was meant to be... he has a great eye for wedding photography!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 01/22/2020

Creative Elegance

Vincent was a pleasure to work with, captured all aspects of our day beautifully. This was especially important since we eloped and needed details to share with family. He took into account the style / vibe we were looking for, was up for trying out my props and he captured us in the city with a drone. Vincent was also great company, it was easy for us to get comfortable with him which was great because the groom hates photos. We're very happy we went with Vincent!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Isabelle

Isabelle Hazlewood · Married on 12/31/2019

One of a kind wedding photographer!

I can't say enough great things about Vincent. He is so talented, creative, kind and professional. If you want unique photos that really capture the essence of your wedding he is your guy. We received really beautifully composed photos as well as so many great candids that capture all of the moments we weren't able to see during our special day. Vincent really goes above and beyond to provide a very personal experience and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Vincent Po FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 100
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 100
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    One Event / Day
    Toning
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?

• 1124 NW 173rd St. Edmond, OK, 73012 See on map