109 Reviews for Village Bakehouse

Fruit (1)
Groom's Cake (1)
Diabetic (1)
Vegan (1)

Let me start by saying this: I do not like cake; I never have and I didn't think I ever would. That all changed with Village Bakehouse. Their cake is ah-mazzzziinnnnggg. When my now-husband and I first sat down with the baker we talked about what we wanted, I knew I didn't want to go with just a wedding cake. I loved the idea of the look of one and the tradition of cutting one together, but I just didn't like cake. I really wanted cheesecake. So we decided on cheesecakes, two kinds of pie, lemon bars, cupcakes, and cut-out sugar cookies in the shape of cactus to go with our theme. Then, we tried the cake. So good. We went with a simple white cake for the first tier and white cake with a chocolate ganache filling for the second tier all with their custom frosting--buttercream mixed with Italian meringue. Fast forward to the day of...the cake was perfection in the way it looked. It was exactly what I wanted. Sure, I got a bite of the cake when the hubs and I cut it, but as they say....you don't eat much on your wedding day. Thank the Lord, my dad saved all of the desserts that were leftover for us to sample the next day. Oh my word! Their cheesecake is hands down the best I've had and their cake...I now love cake...provided it's a Village Bakehouse cake. They worked with me and were able to use my sister's lemon bar recipe and my mom's sugar cookie recipe, which made them even more special and meaningful. All in all, we were beyond pleased with our wedding desserts and would recommend Village Bakehouse to all! I've also asked my husband for a replica cake for our first anniversary! Thanks, Village Bakehouse!!

Photo of Village Bakehouse in Oro Valley, AZ - So pretty! Thanks to Eastland Alley Co for the cacti topper.
Profile Picture User7680791, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery

We can't recommend Village Bakehouse enough! They were wonderful to work with. The tasting was free, and we went in with little ideas on design, but the lady we worked with had such great ideas when we told her our colors and a basic idea of what we were looking for. The cake was fairly priced, absolutely gorgeous, and most importantly, very delicious! They also bake you a fresh tier on your one-year anniversary, so you don't have to worry about freezing the top tier :-) The delivery went smoothly, and the cake looked and tasted even better than we could have hoped for!

We had a 4-tier cake with red velvet, almond, pink champagne with fresh strawberries, and lemon, all with cream cheese frosting, as well as carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and some pies for our dessert bar. Everything was amazing, and hands down the best cake we've ever had. We live in the Phoenix area (though our wedding was in Tucson), but will still be getting future birthday cakes, etc. from Village Bakehouse because we haven't tasted any other cakes that even compare.

Also important to note for same-sex couples, because this was part of the research I did when looking for vendors (those news stories about bakers refusing service can be upsetting when planning a wedding). When I called to ask if they had any issue baking cakes for same-sex couples, they were very supportive and told me they were so sorry I even had to ask that question. That response really touched me, so to any LGBT couples out there...be assured that they are so very supportive :-)

So thankful we went with Village Bakehouse :-)

Profile Picture Lindsey, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

My husband and I used them for our wedding cake this past Sunday and it was amazing. We initially met with the decorator for our tasting with a very simple idea in mind for our cake and Mario Amiibo toppers. She saw our toppers and guided us through the process of designing a Mario themed cake and neither my husband nor I could dream up ourselves. It was perfectly designed with colored frosting and fondant characters scattered around our 3 tiered cake. The all fillings and cake flavors were delicious we tasted at our tasting and made choosing our inside flavors so hard. They were able to make our favorite, their carrot cake, the top tier for my husband and I to enjoy this week after our wedding. They delivered the cake on time to the venue and it was completely set up before our ceremony began with no issues. All of our guests loved the decorations and more importantly loved the cake itself. We had several people ask us where we got it from they loved it so much. We can’t recommend the Village Bakehouse enough for the delicious, beautifully designed and executed cake.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Marie, 1/14/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Village Bakehouse Pricing

Wedding Cakes Pricing
Buttercream Frosting (Per Slice, Without Tax)
Starting from $3.00
Fondant Starting Price (Per Slice, Without Tax)
Starting from $4.00
Cake Prices Include:
Anniversary Cake
Top Tier of the Cake
Cupcakes (Each, Without Tax)
Starting from $2.00

220x220 sq 1278563886199 116
220x220 sq 1278564127715 hpim08300095
220x220 sq 1278564235215 cakesschoolfathersday008

11 ENDORSEMENTS
Paulette and her team are incredible! The cakes are amazing, delicious and their attention to customer service and detail is unsurpassed.

Do you want the tastiest and most beautiful wedding cake in Tucson? Then you must use Village Bakehouse. Such a pleasure to work with and seriously the most delicious cake in town. I use them every time!

I've photographed many weddings where Village Bakehouse has created the cake. Not only are they very tasty, but they're GORGEOUS!! Their cakes are works of art and I highly recommend them!

Yummy, enough said!

7882 N. Oracle rd, Oro Valley, AZ 85704   See On Map
520-531-0977 (phone) 520-531-0978 (fax)
Monday through Saturday 7:00am - 6:00pm Sunday 8:00am-2:00pm