1-200
Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Vesuvius Vineyards

Nestled in the thick woods of Iron Station, North Carolina sits one of the newest wedding and event venues in the Charlotte area.  Vesuvius Vineyards hosted its first wedding in July of 2009.  Since then, more than 50 couples have said their vows in front of this beautiful home.

The home known as Vesuvius was built in 1792 by General Joseph Graham, making it the oldest standing home in Lincoln County.  The Graham family was very prominent in North Carolina politics and industry throughout the 1800's, including state congressmen, senators, generals, a Secretary of the navy, and a vice Presidential Candidate. Joseph Graham was influential in bringing the iron industry into North Carolina and Lincoln County.  The remnants of his Vesuvius Furnace still exist on the property.

Since the 1940's, the home and the property has been owned by the Lineberger family. In 2008, the family decided to return the house to its former glory, later opening it up to share with the public.  Since that first wedding in 2009, Vesuvius has hosted numerous weddings, fundraisers, anniversaries, reunions, and many more events.  Guests are welcome to take a step back in time by exploring the beautifully decorated rooms of the old home. Every event at Vesuvius Vineyards is special and unique. We can't wait to to share this one-of-a-kind event venue with you and your guests. Please call or email us if you have any questions about our wedding package or would like to set up a tour of the property. Thank you!

Categories: Wedding Venue

Bridal Suite (1)
Clean Up (1)
Set Up (1)
Parking (1)

We just returned from our magical weekend (10/14/17) and I can't say enough about how amazing the venue and the owner is. As a wedding planner, I always knew exactly what I wanted for my venue and this was truly a dream venue. I had several people ask me where I even found something like this because it was straight out of a fairytale. Jay was so helpful and organized and we couldn't have asked for a better place. They have areas for the bride and groom and their parties to get ready and they are extremely accommodating. I would absolutely recommend this venue and am so thankful to have found such a beautiful place. Thank you!

Profile Picture amy, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

Beautiful venue. Has a place for in door and out door events. It rained on our day so we used the porch. It has thick plastic windows that are buttoned down and it has heaters. The furnishings in side are beautiful. Great for pictures. There are two stair cases so men can be on one side of the house and women on the other. The bride and groom can get ready at the same place without seeing each other. Jay is very flexible and will work with you.

Profile Picture Donna, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

I cannot say enough about how beautiful this venue is and how accommodating and helpful Jay was throughout the whole process. Our wedding day was beautiful thanks to his hard work and dedication! If you're looking for a fabulous outdoor venue with tons of charm, then look no further.

Profile Picture Brenna, 5/17/15, 3 Reviews

220x220 sq 1333572265386 img0367
220x220 sq 1333572455459 lindley2
220x220 sq 1333572480503 lindley1

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Beautiful home & setting to start your Happily Ever After! The team at Vesuvius is not only organized but they're so kind and considerate to everyone. With a sloping lawn, creekside cocktail hour location and covered dinner/dancing spaces, it's definitely worth the super easy drive from Charlotte to check it out!

A WEDDING AND RECEPION VENUE THAT IS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the opportunity to offer my services at a wedding and reception on Sunday July 24, 2011 at Vesuvius Vineyards located in Iron Station, NC. I have traveled all over NC, SC and Virginia DJ'ing weddings and and reception. Through my travels I have experienced all types of venues. When I come across a setting like I did Sunday, I am eager to share my experience. My first view of Vesuvius Vineyards was truly breathtaking. My mind flashed to a resemblance of the White House in our nations capitol. This venue is located approximately 30 miles north of Charlotte near Denver, NC in a gorgeous quiet country setting. The grounds were manicured immaculately reminding me of a golf course. A lovely creek rambled right through the property with sitting benches and swings along the bank. If you were looking for a rocking chair, no problem. They were located on the massive front and back porch as well as being placed in other locations around the grounds. Upon arrival I was greeted by the two owners John Lineberger and Jay Johnston.They were so accomodating to me and everyone that was supporting the wedding. The facility itself was awesome. A large covered area for the reception or any other type of gathering was great. The house interior was totally redone with great taste and so very comfortable. A large parking area was available with golf cart shuttle from the parking lot to the main house. John and Jay coodinated all of he vendors that were there for the couples special day. My bottom line statement is this. If anyone is looking for a venue for any type of event you seriously need to take a trip to Vesuvius Vineyards . As I first said, my DJ business has taken me many places. After Vesuvius Vineyards I have to admit...........I was blown away !!!Give Jay and John a call and see if you don't have the same experience I did. Keep up the great work guys !!

6173 Vesuvius Furnace Rd., Denver, NC 28037   See On Map