Oakland, CA 94602 Map · Phone number

About Va de Vie Events

We are passionate about creating intimate special events that bring people together to celebrate life's milestones.

The day of your wedding, you should focus your attention on having fun and enjoying the celebration with your family and friends. And that's where we come in to ensure you have a stress-free day.

From event programming, managing vendor relations and executing your itinerary, we can make your next special event happen on budget and on time!

About Vera Devera

Inspired by her mother's affectionate nickname and her favorite motto "C'est la vie," Vera Devera founded Va de Vie Events, which means "It's about life!"

Vera has over 5 years of special event planning experience, including 3 years at San Francisco Opera, where she was part of the team that brought 80 events annually, as intimate as a dinner for 10 to as large as a gala for 400 guests.

Vera is a featured blogger on the award-winning bridal sites, Weddzilla.com and WeddingChicks.com, and also blogs about her October 10, 2010 wedding on a $10,000 budget at
My $10,000 Wedding .

She also believes in doing good and supports Smiley Dog Rescue, Kiva.org and the YMCA of the East Bay.

• Monica Made Events
Andy + Alana, July 2010. Photo by Vera Devera. Cake by Indie Cakes
Andy + Alana, July 2010. Photo by Vera Devera. Cake by Indie Cakes
Andy + Alana, July 2010. Photo by Vera Devera
Andy + Alana, July 2010. Photo by Vera Devera
Michelle + Michael, August 2010. Piedmont Community Center. Photo by Vera Devera
Angelica + Daniel, August 2010. St. Vincent's, San Rafael. Photo by Vera Devera
Angelica + Daniel, August 2010. St. Vincent's, San Rafael. Photo by Vera Devera
9af17de48d6e1ed2 1263363549589 8ChenWeddingReceptionClaremont

7 Reviews for Va de Vie Events

Shannon · Married on 06/15/2013

Vera is simply the best. There is no doubt in my mind. I hired Vera as the "Day of" coordinator for my wedding. But she did much more than just coordinate the day of. She helped me with budgets and helped guide me towards vendors that she had worked with and that fit my budget. Other than making everything work like a well-oiled machine at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, Vera puts together the most detailed "production schedule" you will ever see. And once she takes over, she takes over dealing with all your vendors, which is amazing. I think it takes a really talented person to take a bride's binder of ideas and plans and put them all in to action on the day of the wedding. Better yet - she handled the few snafus that came up (like no champagne flutes) and I did not know about any issues until after the wedding. Because she handled it all like a champ. And while she was everywhere doing everything, I rarely saw her. I think during the actual wedding she might have asked me one question. That's it! I think that is the sign of a true professional - she knew that I trusted her judgement and she made all the right decisions on the fly. Hire Vera, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/11/2013

Jenny · Married on 05/04/2013

Vera of Va de Vie Events was a pleasure to work with! Her prices are very reasonable and she is just so on top of everything! Not only does she bring cute, good ideas to the table, but she goes above and beyond to help you save money wherever possible. Even though technically, we hired Vera as a "Day of Coordinator" for our May 2013 wedding, she was SOOOO much more than that! We met, spoke on the phone, emailed, etc. on multiple occasions and whenever I got stuck on something or got bogged down with choosing a vendor out of hundreds, she always gave great advice and/or recommended some of her favorite vendors that were within our budget. As for the day of our wedding, talk about smooth sailing! I didn't have to lift a finger and everything was set up beautifully. The whole day flowed perfectly and we just got to focus 100% on enjoying our special day :) Our wedding definitely would not have been the same without her!!!

Sent on 02/19/2014

Pansy · Married on 05/12/2012

Vera was the best "Month of/Day of Coordinator" a bride can ever hope for! She understood exactly what I envisioned my wedding day to be like and was able to help me make that happen. If I ever had any questions or ideas (even months prior to the wedding date), Vera was always there to provide answers/suggestions for me. Vera has one of those wonderful personalities which made me click with her instantly. WIthout her, my wedding day would not have been so seamless and wonderful. My husband and I were so lucky to have had her!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Va de Vie Events FAQ

• What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly

• Green Cheeze Photo Booths Photo Booths

Vera is THE BEST event coordinator! We have worked consistently with her for a few years now, she is on top of every detail. She is a pleasure to work with, great personality. Very creative and up with the newest trends. We highly recommend Va de Vie Events!

• 3-16 Entertainment Wedding DJs

Working with Va de Vie Events has been, and continues to be, an amazing experience. As a DJ it's important to have great communication with other vendors and I have never been disappointed with the services and work of Va de Vie Events. Having this Event company for your wedding will be one of the best decisions you make concerning your wedding day.

• DIABLO RANCH EVENTS Park & Outdoor Weddings

Very effective and personable as well as flexable. I enjoyed working with Va de Vie Events.

• Oakland, 94602 See on map
    Location of (Va de Vie Events)