45-250
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Upper Story by Charlie Palmer

Private Events & Weddings

Welcome to Upper Story by Charlie Palmer, a premier private events destination in Manhattan’s iconic D&D building. With breathtaking city views from its 14th floor oversized windows and expansive balcony, Upper Story is a luxurious and contemporary setting for your next celebration.

With a modern yet classic design approach, Upper Story offsets a soft color palette with dark nuances that complement both the daytime and nighttime views beyond Upper Story’s 1000-square foot balcony, creating an elegant backdrop for uniquely themed private events, fundraisers, weddings, and more.

The easily accessible midtown location, ideal for social and corporate functions of all occasions, houses space for groups of up to 300 for cocktail receptions and 180 seated. Overseen by renowned chef Charlie Palmer, Upper Story turns out thoughtful menus, flawless service, and creative ideas for events of all shapes and sizes.

Contact us for more information!

Jennifer Day, Director of Catering Sales

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

My wife and I are very satisfied with Upper Story, and would strongly recommend them; everything was nearly perfect. We have received many comments from guests about how great they thought the venue was.

The food was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. I was skeptical of the fantastic food we ate at our tasting dinner and worried that the food at the wedding would not be as good. How wrong I was; the food at the event was every bit as good. I’ve had multiple people tell me it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. We didn’t do a desert course and brought our own cake, but the appetizers and wine were fantastic.

In terms of layout, the venue is clean, updated, and modern. There isn’t really a bridal suite.. What really makes the venue is the outdoor space / balcony and the views. We had great weather, but there are awnings that cover the terrace, so should be usable in the rain.

In terms of process, working with Katherine Leong was also very easy. Katherine helped us customize our wedding, down to picking individual ingredients to be included in the salad. The pricing structure was straightforward, simply a function of the number of guests, so we didn’t feel nickel and dimed with fees. Katherine was easy to reach and responded quickly to emails. At the event itself, she was also there to help take care of whatever need to be addressed that I really didn’t want to spend my wedding worrying about, e.g. making sure vendors received the payment, keeping gift envelopes, disturbing tips, etc. We did the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the venue, and the staff did a good job of setting up and tearing down for each part of the event.

I’d maybe say the dancefloor was a bit small which made people bump into each other. Also, it got a little too hot towards the end of the evening, but if those were the biggest complaints, I’d say we did very well. My wife and I really appreciate Upper Story making our wedding so great.

Profile Picture Matt, 5/30/15, 1 Review

12 Photos

Upper Story

12 Photos

1 ENDORSEMENT
I am a wedding planner, and I had my daughter’s bat mitzvah at Upper Story in December 2016. Jessica Powers and her team went above and beyond what I typically experience when working with a venue. Throughout the planning process, Jessica answered every question I had almost immediately, and she was so open and flexible with both the use of the space, and the menu. The space is beautifully decorated, with a lot of light if your event is during the day, and pretty views of the East Side and the 59th Street Bridge. If your wedding is at night, the view of the City and bridge is spectacular. The food is top quality restaurant fare, and there are so many delicious choices that it was actually hard to make a decision about the menu! The chef is amazing, and she was open to customizing the menu. I was extremely impressed with the staff, the food and the execution of the whole event. Our friends kept commenting on how beautiful the space was. One friend said that her table was trying to come up with a reason for a party just so they could have it at Upper Story! I can’t recommend Upper Story enough! – Kimberly Pilson (The Wedding Sitter).

Events

979 Third Ave, New York, NY 10022   See On Map
212-644-9394 (phone)
Upper Story by Charlie Palmer is a wedding venue from New York City. We service weddings throughout the local area, including New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Upper Story by Charlie Palmer is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the New York City wedding industry for 17 years. We specialize in weddings, receptions, and catering events. .