40-210
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About University Club at UCI

The University Club provides a private and intimate setting for your wedding reception. If you book your special event with us, you get the use of the entire facility. Our facility has a beautiful room right off of the main lobby known as "the Library". This room boasts a fireplace, baby grand piano, rich leather furniture, mahogany bookshelves and an elegant, mahogany built-in bar. The Library is a great room for hors d’ oeuvres & cocktails while your guests are arriving for your event or it can also be used for your indoor ceremony site accommodating up to 130 people. Our Main Dining Room has a wonderful view as we sit atop of Aldrich Park. The room has windows that extend from the ceiling to the floor and provide a view to the park. The trees around the perimeter of the building are wrapped in white lights for an intimate and romantic setting. This room also has a vaulted ceiling which provides an open and inviting atmosphere for you and your guests. We can accommodate up to 200 people with a dance floor. When you are ready to see our facility and receive a free estimate, please call to schedule your appointment.

Wedding Ceremonies

The club can host an indoor wedding ceremony in our Library or a beautiful outdoor ceremony in our Gazebo. Our recently renovated garden provides an ideal location for outdoor ceremonies.

Wedding Consultants

From the moment you cross the threshold into our beautifully appointed lobby, you will be attended to with the "personalized" service which sets the Club apart from other facilities. Our experienced team of Wedding Consultants will eagerly assist you in planning every aspect of your special day. You will feel confidant that you have entrusted the most important day of your life to a caring team which is dedicated to providing the utmost quality in client satisfaction. Your wedding consultant will be pleased to provide you with a current list of references from clients who have the highest praise for the Club. The Club can also provide you with a list of professional, industry referrals to assist in your planning process.

Cuisine

A full complement of banquet menus is available including Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Hors d’oeuvres offering either sit-down or buffet. Our chef and his staff are dedicated to achieving the highest level of excellence. Your wedding consultant will be happy to work together with you and the chef to create a menu you will be proud to serve your guests. Your meal will be presented on European-white porcelain china, elegant Oneida flatware and sparkling stemware atop crisp white linen tablecloths creating an exquisite tabletop.

Bar Service

Full bar service is available, including wine, beer and mixed drinks, with a variety of options. Your wedding consultant will assist you in determining how to maximize beverage options for your guests while maintaining a realistic and workable budget.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Regions serviced: Orange County, Inland Empire

57 Reviews for University Club at UCI

Event Planning (4)
Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Indoor (1)

I cannot say enough good things about Cindy and the team at UCI's University Club. The venue was gorgeous and perfect for our August wedding, her response time to emails and calls was fantastic, her communication in general was wonderful. My father, who does not hand out compliments superfluously, called her a genius and I agree completely. Day of she was right there coordinating everything, keeping it all out from underfoot, handled my two little flower girls like a champ, and the week off when I was stressed sent me funny cat photos to check in with me! We got lots of compliments on the food and bar, the clean up crew was efficient, Cindy even helped personally load gifts into my parents' car.

Profile Picture Marissa, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

My (now) husband and I originally booked the University Club because we were UCI alumni and the location had a special place in our heart. Looking back on our big day and the whole process of wedding planning, we got way more than we ever paid for.

The wedding coordinator, Cindy, is the BEST coordinator EVER. She is extremely organized, responsive, detail oriented, and thorough. And she is fast paced, which I like. She is quick to think on the spot and problem solve through any situation. She accommodated my last minute changes in the guest list, so that we weren't charged for the food plates of extra guests. When we found out the L.A. Rams were holding their first practice at UCI on the day of our wedding, Cindy got a parking attendant at our site hours before our reception began to make sure nobody except our guests were using the University Club parking! Cindy and her assistant Carissa also went above and beyond to make sure every question I had was answered with specificity and detail. Emails were answered quickly, sometimes on the same day! When I was unsure about tax and the service charge, Cindy took the time to explain to me and my dad who was looking over my wedding contract. Cindy made sure that there were no surprises on our bill.

On the note of going above and beyond, Cindy helped us get the exact color of up-lights we wanted and even helped creatively lay out all of our cookies for our ice cream sandwich bar. She has an eye for what looks good! Finally, my father in law left his wedding ring in the bathroom on accident, and Cindy was sure to communicate to my Maid of Honor and my husband that it was locked in a safe at the University Club waiting to be picked up at our convenience.

Thank you to the University Club for making our day unforgettable. To our sweetheart table's server, to the bartender that made sure my friend's were having a blast, to our coordinators, it was such a pleasure to work with you!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning

Cindy and Clarissa at the UCI club were great! The location is a great value and the staff are very reliable. The food is really good (lots of choices) and they are very flexible about how they do things like open bar. They have an awesome vendor list which we used extensively. The vendors they work with the most are also reliable, are a great value and do a great job. Cindy and Clarissa are very organized and easy to get in contact with. They let us make several adjustments to the food and reception details over the few weeks before the wedding. We were able to bring all of our decorations the day before the wedding and they arranged everything. They directed everyone on what to do during the rehearsal and kept track of timing for our wedding day, making adjustments as necessary. We don't what we would have done without them. They made everything very easy. We would definitely recommend others use this venue!

The venue holds maximum of 200 people for an indoor reception and ~300 people for an outdoor reception. They recently changed the look of their banquet hall so their ceilings look amazing now. They also added some new string lights to their outdoor area. We saw some pictures of what other couples were able to do with the venue. Here is an outdoor reception and indoor reception that inspired us to pick this venue.

Profile Picture User5090021, 1+ year ago, 15 Reviews

Set Up
Wireless Internet
6 AWARDS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
I've worked with the University Club for years & have always found the staff to be professional. Cindy is wonderful & treats each wedding like they were family. Her events run seamlessly & guests are always very impressed with hold well organized the entire event unfolds.

Great food, services.

Events

801 East Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697   See On Map
949-824-7961 (phone) 949-824-8084 (fax)
Open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. Please call to schedule facility tours. Open for private events on weekends