25 Hudson Avenue, Chatham, NY 12037 Map · Phone number

About True North Bridal Studio

True North is an authentic bridal studio that celebrates the spirited bride, with an emphasis on creating a relaxed, intimate, and fresh approach to wedding dress shopping. We encourage brides to stay true to their vision, and believe this comes naturally in a space like True North, where the energy is light and fun.

We offer a thoughtfully curated collection of wedding dresses and accessories, and don't believe is settling for just any dress because someone thinks the dress looks 'bridal'. We embrace the rare and unexpected, and think that a dress should reflect who you are and your personal style. From elaborate to simple, from bohemian to fashion-forward, and everything in between, we are here to help you find your dream dress. And promise we'll have a blast doing it!

True North is *Open By Appointment Only*. Enjoy having the 'run of the house', where the space and our attention are solely dedicated to you! We think this time is pretty special and want you to feel that way too.

We live for love, (and swoon-worthy gowns) it's as simple as that. xo

Follow True North Bridal Studio on

True North Bridal Studio 3
  • Christine

Christine · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience

Love, love, love true north. Every time I go there it’s a super laid back and down to earth experience.

Sent on 08/12/2019

True North Bridal Studio's reply:

Thanks Christine! It is our pleasure to have you as part of our tribe! We loved the opportunity to work with you and truly appreciate your kind words!!

Sheena Wiley · Married on 06/08/2019

Recommending to everyone I know

I found True North through our wedding planner and I am so glad I did. It is a small shop with a smallish collection - but I loved that. My mom, sister and I enjoyed having the shop to ourselves and being able to leisurely browse and try on dresses. I was pretty certain I had found the one, but Katee didn't pressure us at all to make a decision that day. A few weeks later I was back and confident the Elizabeth Dye gown I had previously picked was what I wanted to wear on our wedding day. True North helped us work with the designer to add a small train and the dress was delivered just a few months later. It was by the most relaxing and enjoyable dress shopping experience I had.

When I went in for alterations (which they didn't do at the shop) I discovered a few small but visible green markings on the dress. I reached out to True North and found out Katee had sold the shop... BUT, that didn't matter. They still reached out to the designer directly, helped me figure out what the markings were and found out how to remove them - it was evaporating pen marks from the designer that came out with water and steam. In addition to the ownership change, I had already paid for the dress in full and picked it up months prior - so the fact the True North was so willing to help me with the dress issue says a lot. I've already recommended True North to everyone I know who is looking for a wedding dress!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    True North Bridal Studio 4

True North Bridal Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Sheena! We truly appreciate your kind words about the studio and you looked stunning in your Helena gown! So happy for you and wish you more than the best!!

Amanda · Married on 02/02/2019

Truly a dream come true experience

Katee was AMAZING to work with. She is kind and wants her guests to have the best experience as possible. The shop has a great selection of dresses but not so many that you get overwhelmed. She is so patient and really lets you get a good feel for each dress you try on. There is no pushy sales pitch involved she wants to know that you found the most perfect dress for your most perfect day. Side Note about how awesome Katee is: I had a crisis with my pet the morning of my appointment to pick up my gown and she told me to take my time and come in whenever I could get there. She even let me bring my pup to her shop so that I didn't have to worry about her while I was there. I would highly recommend Katee and her shop to anyone!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Award

True North Bridal Studio FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary Attire, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

• Erin Ford Makeup + Skincare
    Erin Ford Makeup + Skincare Wedding Hair & Makeup

True North Bridal Studio is THE spot to go to if you are looking for a dress that is unique and handcrafted! A true gem of the Capital Region / Hudson Valley. The selection that you will find there is unparalleled in our area. Everything is carefully selected and represents what you won't find at major retailers or dress shops. If you are looking for something that is romantic, bohemian, or vintage inspired, look no further! Katee the owner is a doll and will make sure your experience is a great one, from start to finish! I am proud to wear my dress from True North on my upcoming wedding this October!! :)

• Metro Music
    Metro Music Wedding DJs

Always knew Katee would come up with an amazing idea and execute on it. What I didn't know is that it would be as PERFECT as True North Bridal - she has the vision and talent to make this a remarkable company! So excited!!

• 25 Hudson Avenue Chatham, 12037 See on map