Decatur Street, Denver, CO 80234 Map · Phone number

About Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.)

Congratulations on your engagement!

Newly based in Denver, Colorado, I craft secular (non-religious) marriage ceremonies that honor your story. Whether you are looking for something short and simple, or a longer and more elaborate ceremony, the end product will be a symbolic representation of your relationship with your partner.

I proudly officiate weddings for couples of all gender identities and sexual orientations.

Ceremony fees are typically $375 plus travel.

Helping couples create a personal and memorable ceremony is my priority; no two ceremonies will ever be the same. I celebrate weddings because of the happiness it brings me to be included in such an important moment in a couple's life. Since October 2011, I have happily officiated 60 weddings.

I am endorsed as a Humanist Celebrant by the Humanist Society (a non-profit corporation of the American Humanist Association) through a process equivalent to that of ordination in a traditional religious body.

Please contact me for a free consultation to discuss your wedding ceremony. More information is available on my website, www.trilliumceremonies.com.

Sincerely,

lj1b
shaun tory d
carlamattmelissa
Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.)
ehrenpreis wedding me and wil
laura sean me3
20160430185
120714irmaloulauraandpaul04celebration005
c j 1 handfasting
Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.)

44 Reviews for Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.)

1 User photo

Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.) 1

Ashleigh · Married on 09/29/2018

Best. Officiant. Ever!

Melissa and Trillium Ceremonies were more than we could have ever hoped for in an officiant. It is very clear that she does this not for profit, but simply out of her belief in true love and the beauty of marriage. When I spoke with Melissa on the phone, I had already scheduled two appointments to meet with other officiants. As soon as I hung up the phone, I immediately cancelled the appointments as we knew that Melissa was everything we wanted. Throughout the process of writing the ceremony, Melissa was extremely helpful and responsive. She wrote a beautiful, simple ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for, including lots of ideas and suggestions. On the day of our wedding, Melissa delivered the ceremony so beautifully and personally that a couple of guests asked why she didn't stay for the reception, assuming that she was a close family friend. Trust me, you will get more than your money's worth if you chose to work with her. Thank you, Melissa!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/07/2018

Melissa's officiant service was incredibly professional, supportive, warm, kind and wonderful! She provides lots of ready-made options along with being open to what you would like to add to the ceremony. I received compliments from all my guests on how amazing the ceremony was and several of my guests would love to use her. I cannot recommend her enough!

Greg · Married on 05/12/2018

Melissa was a great officiant at our wedding. From setting up the plans over the phone and via email to the day of the actual wedding she was very professional and courteous to our expectations. We made some last minute changes and her response to that was wonderful. She had many different ideas that helped us make our wedding unique and perfect. We would highly recommend Melissa!

Trillium Ceremonies (Melissa Smith, Ph.D.) FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 375.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 375.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Ceremony Rehearsal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-Based, No Denomination, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English