Nearby Vendors to Consider

About TLCakes

Custom Cakes for all Occasions
Tena Parish the owner of TLCakes has been a cake decorator/pastry chef for 29 years. What started out as just a hobby has turned into a full time career. In 1980, Tena took a Wilton cake decorating course and fell in love with making cakes for family and friends. Tena's first job in 1983 was working for Alpine Pastry in Concord where she started out at counter sales. When a position became available for an apprentice cake decorator. Tena tried out for, and received the position. Tena worked for Alpine Pastry for a total of 12 years. Tena has also worked for Safeway as a cake decorator/bakery manager for a total of 15 years.

In 2004, Tena and her husband purchased an established Bakery in Isleton, CA and changed the name of the business to Parish Pastries. They successfully ran the business for 6 months. When a major catastrophe occurred with the building, the bakery was forced to close. In 2007, TLCakes (Tena Loves Cakes) was started.

A Note from Tena - Thank you to all who have ordered and referred me to your friends and family. I look forward to the future of this business, with meeting new customers and making their special occasions - EXTRA SPECIAL.

Categories: Wedding Cake

Tastings (1)
Private Tastings (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
Local (1)

The ladies at TLCAKES are amazing. My cake came out beautifully with very little instruction. And it was delicious!! We are still getting compliments on how good the cake and the cupcakes were. I was invited to an event a few months later and was requested to purchase "the cupcakes that you had at the wedding, because OMG...." were their exact words, lol. Would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Anika, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Cupcakes

The cake was great! it came out just the way I pictured! I however ordered too much so I had a lot of leftovers. I would use them again for sure!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I loved my wedding cake. They answered all our questions. The showed us a design book and we are able to customize our cake

Profile Picture Krystina, 6/25/16, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1276492448992 teal1
220x220 sq 1276492456492 blackhawkmuseum
220x220 sq 1276492457132 ashley

11 ENDORSEMENTS
I highly recommend TLCakes as they wonderful cakes and desserts. I have worked with them at many weddings and have personally used them for many of my personal events.

Beautiful and tasty is what TLCakes provides to their clients. If you're in the area, definitely give them a taste!

We at Xxcellent Events love working with Tena and the ladies at TL Cakes. Tena cakes are consistent in taste and her design technique is awesome!

I had a consultation with Cynthia this morning about an anniversary cake for my client! TL Cakes is wonderful to work with and they know their stuff. Their cakes, decorations and creativity are top of the line and I will recommend them to all of my clients.

What can I say........"Delicious and Absolutley Wonderful"

Events