647 1st Street, Brentwood, CA 94513 Map · Phone number

About TLCakes

Tena Parish the owner of TLCakes has been a cake decorator/pastry chef for 29 years. What started out as just a hobby has turned into a full time career. In 1980, Tena took a Wilton cake decorating course and fell in love with making cakes for family and friends. Tena's first job in 1983 was working for Alpine Pastry in Concord where she started out at counter sales. When a position became available for an apprentice cake decorator. Tena tried out for, and received the position. Tena worked for Alpine Pastry for a total of 12 years. Tena has also worked for Safeway as a cake decorator/bakery manager for a total of 15 years.

In 2004, Tena and her husband purchased an established Bakery in Isleton, CA and changed the name of the business to Parish Pastries. They successfully ran the business for 6 months. When a major catastrophe occurred with the building, the bakery was forced to close. In 2007, TLCakes (Tena Loves Cakes) was started.

A Note from Tena - Thank you to all who have ordered and referred me to your friends and family. I look forward to the future of this business, with meeting new customers and making their special occasions - EXTRA SPECIAL.

Ashley
DandS3
sanramonwedding1

49 Reviews for TLCakes

Anika · Married on 04/30/2017

The ladies at TLCAKES are amazing. My cake came out beautifully with very little instruction. And it was delicious!! We are still getting compliments on how good the cake and the cupcakes were. I was invited to an event a few months later and was requested to purchase "the cupcakes that you had at the wedding, because OMG...." were their exact words, lol. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Krystina · Married on 06/25/2016

I loved my wedding cake. They answered all our questions. The showed us a design book and we are able to customize our cake

Sent on 07/08/2016
  • Marina

Marina · Married on 05/27/2016

TLCakes is a great bakery to work with! I brought in a pinterest picture of a cake that I wanted for my wedding and they created the exact cake! They are also the most affordable bakery without sacrificing quality.

Sent on 07/30/2016

TLCakes FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• (D.E.A.) Daley Entertainment Agency
    (D.E.A.) Daley Entertainment Agency Wedding DJs

I highly recommend TLCakes as they wonderful cakes and desserts. I have worked with them at many weddings and have personally used them for many of my personal events.

• Jim Vetter Photography
    Jim Vetter Photography Wedding Photographers

Beautiful and tasty is what TLCakes provides to their clients. If you're in the area, definitely give them a taste!

• Xxcellent Events Wedding & Event Planning
    Xxcellent Events Wedding & Event Planning Wedding Planners

We at Xxcellent Events love working with Tena and the ladies at TL Cakes. Tena cakes are consistent in taste and her design technique is awesome!

• 647 1st Street Brentwood, 94513 See on map