1316 Highland Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About TLC Events & Weddings

TLC Events & Weddings is a wedding planning company located in Dayton, Ohio, also serving couples in the Cincinnati area. This team of professional planners, Lori and Rachel, offers affordable, attentive, and excellent services. They only take a limited number of events each year, allowing them to give each couple their undivided attention. TLC Events & Weddings will help make your engagement as stress-free as possible, throughout the entire planning process.

TLC Events & Weddings has experience with corporate events, weddings, fundraisers, galas, and more. Their extensive experience, along with their passion and skill, allows them to create your dream wedding. They can help with planning everything from the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony and reception, with varying amounts of assistance available. Whether you need full planning, partial planning, or wedding day management/coordination, TLC Events & Weddings has you covered. The specific planning services you will find with this company are:

• Budget analysis

TLC Events & Weddings 6
TLC Events & Weddings 7

Taylor · Getting married on 12/21/2019

Tender Loving Care

As our wedding planner, Lori showed exactly why she chose the name Tending Loving Care. Every step with our wedding planning process was easy and made you feel special. Any planning ideas or changes were easily discussed and incorporated into the planning process via text, meeting, and the online client portal. Lori went above and beyond to take the stress out of wedding planning. She worked around our busy schedules and particular wants & needs to coordinate vendor options and meetings. So we could focus on each other during this special chapter in our lives.

Sent on 12/31/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Taylor & Linden, it was such a pleasure working with both of you to plan your wedding. We had so much fun coming up with décor ideas and going to vendor meetings together - I am just sad that it's all over! Your decision to elope this past fall instead of having the big wedding was completely understandable and while I am so happy for you both that you have started your lives together as husband and wife, I also miss working so closely with both of you. I am happy I made the planning a fun experience for you, and am blessed to call you both my friends.
  • Erica

Erica Pettigrew · Married on 10/06/2018

Stellar Wedding (and Complex Event) Planner

The nutshell: Our absolutely amazing wedding and ceremony were at a non-traditional location (we rented a 20-acre lodge with oversized barn/garage for our reception), located FAR away from the nearest city, and we pulled it off in 12 weeks. Because we hired Lori. :-)

The story... My husband and I have too many projects. :-)

April 2018: We reserved the lodge (since all official “rustic” wedding venues were already booked for October...) and a nearby church. Location was 60 mins from Cincinnati, and 120 mins from Dayton. October 6th - 5.5 months away. We loved the location! And knew we could have our dream wedding there - albeit more work because we were responsible for everything - no manager or organizer or “inclusive” packages to help...

As I mentioned, my husband and I have too many projects... (at the time of the wedding, we were also coordinating 2 cross-country household moves, job changes, and more.) 12 weeks before the wedding we got down to business. It was when I realized we would have to bring our own water (well water, no catering kitchen) that I understood we absolutely needed help.. Or we’d get to the big day and major things would be wrong - like, having no water!! :-) Present: Lori. A facebook marketplace recommendation popped up that evening. I wanted someone creative and crafty who was used to dealing with unique situations and addressing them well. Across all of her reviews I found every point of complexity I could think of with our setup (quick turnaround, always responsive and great to work with, remote location, extra guest management, transportation, and a bunch of other things.) We talked the next day and I really appreciated when she jumped in right away to offer suggestions for ways the challenges could be addressed and ones I hadn’t thought of. She didn’t even try to sell me on the full planning package (which I clearly needed). In contrast, I had spoken to another wedding planner with an impressive book - but she offered nothing in the consultation and only tried to sell the highest package. But I didn’t need cookie-cutter “done it a hundred times”. I needed someone creative, flexible, who knew what to look out for, would know what “done” looks like, and how to fill in all the gaps to get there.

Suffice to say, finding vendors for a remote location, in October, within our price range and matching our style, is difficult! With Lori’s help, we were able to have our dream wedding within budget and at a fraction of the price it should have cost... She just kept working at it until it fit.

WEDDING DAY:

It’s not ideal, but due to everything else we had going on at the time (incl 2 deaths in the family), I was not able to “plan” with Lori pre-wedding day as much as she (or I) wanted. She puts in so much work beforehand to make sure everything goes perfectly. She writes it down and pre-coordinates with *everyone*. And all the critical elements were done prior - timeline, flow, etc. But for ours, she had to wing a lot more of it and hear from me the night before / morning of (decorations and setup, final gaps). Which I’m pretty sure would scare the heck out of most planners. :-)

She was 100% prepared. Everyone knew what they were doing. I gave a bunch of boxes of decorations, the basics of what I wanted, and left creative licensing for the rest. (Keep in mind, this was a “bare” property. We even had to set up our own lighting for pathways and the garage/barn. Our families helped set up the day before, but all the day of work and decorating was Lori and crew.)

She had headsets for everyone to communicate. Split the staff between church and lodge to start. And GO! It was amazing. Everything went so well!! And it looked even better than I had hoped! Lori kept us on schedule and everything moving. We got in everything we wanted to and all that was important to us! Lori took special care to make sure the items we requested were all included and covered. All the way down to the Fireworks! :)

Behind the scenes, I found out later the Murphy’s Law components she had to deal with. There is no cell reception on the 20-acre property (e.g. no texts or calls). The headsets she brought (since no cell reception) also didn’t work across the property, so they had to talk / coordinate / pivot in person. One of her helpers had also become very ill (I had no idea - nobody saw anything). The rest of the staff picked up wonderfully and we never knew. And on top of all the day-of challenges, Lori had a very major family emergency earlier in the week (it was a real possibility she wouldn’t be able to be there). But she still made it work. Seamlessly. Her work ethic is second to none, she is extremely conscientious, and she will make your day or your event the sole focus of hers so you can live in the moment and truly enjoy it.

The best thing a bride can say is “It was my perfect day!” And they may not know the detail that went into the day, or all the challenges behind the scene. But in this case, we do. We know and we greatly appreciate how amazing Lori and her entire team were! Both of our moms were amazed by her, guests (prior brides) told me she was wonderful, too :-). I was really lucky to find her, and actually miss not talking to her everyday now. Thanks, Lori! Our day was perfect, and our wedding was “us”, through and through. We, quite literally, could not have done it without you!

We highly recommend Lori. She’s great and will make your event, your day, your moment, incredible.

Sent on 03/03/2019
    TLC Events & Weddings 8
    TLC Events & Weddings 9
    TLC Events & Weddings 10

Erica & Russ:

I just have to thank YOU for making me cry this morning! LOL Your words touched my heart and certainly made me feel so honored. Your wedding was beautiful - the traditions you brought into your ceremony were touching and emotional, and I was crying by the end of the vows. Let's face it, I started shedding tears when I saw Russ crying even before he saw you - he was so happy to finally be marrying the love of his life - it was all so beautiful.

Together, we accomplished some amazing things with your wedding in that very short timeframe. But "together" is the key - I believe wholeheartedly in teamwork not just with my fellow wedding professionals but with my couples as well.

I also believe that, while planning is my passion, my joy is the smiles on the faces of happy couples. Knowing how happy you both were with how everything turned out gives me immense joy. At the end of the day, you were able to walk away with happy and fond memories that you will treasure for a lifetime. That's what it is all about.

And mostly, I am so happy to be able to call both of you my friends -- and I miss chatting with you also! Thank you so much for such kind and sweet words; it was such a pleasure working with you!

Rebecca · Married on 05/05/2018

I met Lori in purchasing tablecloths from her & quickly was able to vent my chaotic life before the wedding to her. She then contacted me and was more than willing to help in any means necessary! Her & Shannon pulled together to make my day less stressful. Her decorating was amazing! Thanks to her & Shannon the church & Reception were gorgeous! Keep in Mind, she agreed & the wedding was in less than 2 weeks! She seriously was a Godsend! Don't know how I could have pulled this wedding off without her!!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    TLC Events & Weddings 11
    TLC Events & Weddings 12
    TLC Events & Weddings 13
    TLC Events & Weddings 14
    TLC Events & Weddings 15

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was such a pleasure to help you on your wedding day and make it stress-free and fun for you and Bryan. My passion is being able to give couples a day that they can truly enjoy and some beautiful memories to last a lifetime. The bonus comes when I can then call them my friends -- and I know that you and Bryan are just that - friends. I am so happy that you had the wedding of your dreams and my wish for you and your beautiful daughter is a lifetime of dreams come true and happiness.

TLC Events & Weddings Pricing

TLC Events & Weddings Price Rates

TLC Events & Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,165.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 800.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,200.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 40.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Double Weddings, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• TLC Events & Weddings 1
    -10%
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 1316 Highland Avenue Dayton, OH, 45410 See on map
    937-660-5216 (Phone number)
    937-307-1284 (Other Phone Number)
    9376605216 (Fax Number)