722 Reiten Rd, Kent, WA 98030 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Block Weddings & Events

Local to Kent, Washington, Block Weddings & Events specializes in event coordination services for weddings throughout the greater Seattle, Washington metropolitan area. First established in March 2015 by lead wedding coordinator Candi Block, Block Weddings & Events is dedicated to helping you and your partner feel empowered to confidently tackle your wedding planning.

Experience
Candi Block is happy to coordinate weddings for couples worldwide, while fellow lead wedding coordinator and assistant Amy Gorton is exclusive to the Seattle, Washington metropolitan area. Candi is a self-care guru who is well versed in meditation and yoga, and enjoys sharing her self-care mindset and techniques with clients. Amy prioritizes a fun, stress-free planning experience for her clients. She is passionate about handling and organizing every detail of your wedding.

Block Weddings & Events provides a variety of wedding planning packages and online tools to help you plan and organize your wedding. Candi and Amy both specialize in day-of coordination and are happy to provide frequent consultation services as your wedding day approaches. Their standard day-of coordination package includes a venue visit, unlimited email communication, vendor recommendations, decor and layout review, all setup and cleanup, and rehearsal assistance. Block Weddings & Events will also handle your wedding’s logistics and timeline, and will fully manage your vendors on your special day.

Follow Block Weddings & Events on

Block Weddings & Events 5
  • Taylor

Taylor Romero · Married on 09/13/2019

Candi is the best

We got so many complements from our wedding party, parents, and other vendors on how fantastic she was to work with and I couldn’t agree more. She paid such careful attention to help our day run smoothly - I’m sure for each small thing we noticed and appreciated there were perhaps 40 smaller things that she helped handle.

Every meeting she took thoughtful notes and even things we mentioned vaguely from 5 months earlier she noted and brought to life on our wedding day. As I was telling everyone who asked about how wedding planning was going I replied, “Great! We have the best wedding planner who has the calming voice of a therapist and we couldn’t do it without her!”

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Allie

Allie Tripp · Married on 09/07/2019

Can't recommend enough!

Can't say enough about Amy from Block Weddings & Events. Will do my best by breaking it down into a few parts:

Initial Meeting: We had met with a few day-of coordinators already and had been wowed by one (very expensive) person and honestly nonplussed by others. Amy (& Block Events) was the perfect combination of in our budget, offering the services we wanted (day-of coordination + final weeks takeover of vendors) and her bubbly, friendly personality (matched with an obvious attention to detail and flair for creativity) were the ideal combination.

Preparation: Her help troubleshooting and brainstorming the whole year(!) leading up to our wedding this September was fantastically helpful. She asked thoughtful questions, did two site visits with us as a part of our three included meetings, and was always game to answer emailed questions. She was prompt in communication (and also let us know before she would head out on long vacas just in case something came up while she was away!). Our rehearsal went off without a hitch and all our family members from there on were like "where did you find this woman?!" (Sometimes the internet is a glorious place!)

The day of: I really can't begin to marvel at how much she made happen the day of. Her assistant the day of our wedding, Bailey, was also stupendously kind, attentive and on her game. They did wonders with our flowers (when a garland didn't show up Amy simply MADE ONE with our extra flowers). From our perspective our whole day went off without a hitch which is all I ever could have dreamed of.

In summary: James and I are beyond grateful for her kindness, professionalism and depth of knowledge that helped us throughout this process. As someone who has planned events professionally for years, Amy blew me away! Seriously, hire this team. An extra bonus was also all the great extra advice from the Block Weddings & Events blog and podcasts!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Vincent

Vincent Fabrigas · Married on 09/01/2019

I can go into detail about Amy but I’ll keep it short and say she was absolutely incredible and an amazing person. Hire her now cause she we’ll be probably be booked! Our wedding party had so much high praise that they will seek for her services when the time comes! Thanks Amy and also a special shout out to her assistant Bailey for an unforgettable evening. Thank you

- Mr. and Mrs. Fabrigas

Sent on 09/04/2019

Block Weddings & Events Pricing

Block Weddings & Events Price Rates

Block Weddings & Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1400
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 3500
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Non-Religious
    Religious

• Party on the Rocks
    Party on the Rocks Wedding Caterers

Candi with Thrifty Events is a dream to work with! She is well grounded and knowledgable in all that she does. While working with her as a vendor she communicated well and often. She was a great representative for her clients and communicating their needs. Party on the Rocks can't wait to work with her even more!

• Pam and Tara Photography
    Pam and Tara Photography Wedding Photographers

I had the great opportunity to work with Candi from Thrifty Events at a July wedding. Candi took the time to talk with me about the day of the events to make sure we were all in sync. It's great to ensure we were all on the same page and kept in constant communication throughout the event. Candi was great in paying attention in details and I enjoyed the collaboration. I definitely enjoyed working with her and her professionalism. I hope I get the chance to work with her in the near future.

• 722 Reiten Rd Kent, WA, 98030 See on map