722 Reiten Rd, Kent, WA 98030 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Block Weddings & Events

Local to Kent, Washington, Block Weddings & Events specializes in event coordination services for weddings throughout the greater Seattle, Washington metropolitan area. First established in March 2015 by lead wedding coordinator Candi Block, Block Weddings & Events is dedicated to helping you and your partner feel empowered to confidently tackle your wedding planning.

Experience
Candi Block is happy to coordinate weddings for couples worldwide, while fellow lead wedding coordinator and assistant Amy Gorton is exclusive to the Seattle, Washington metropolitan area. Candi is a self-care guru who is well versed in meditation and yoga, and enjoys sharing her self-care mindset and techniques with clients. Amy prioritizes a fun, stress-free planning experience for her clients. She is passionate about handling and organizing every detail of your wedding.

Block Weddings & Events provides a variety of wedding planning packages and online tools to help you plan and organize your wedding. Candi and Amy both specialize in day-of coordination and are happy to provide frequent consultation services as your wedding day approaches. Their standard day-of coordination package includes a venue visit, unlimited email communication, vendor recommendations, decor and layout review, all setup and cleanup, and rehearsal assistance. Block Weddings & Events will also handle your wedding’s logistics and timeline, and will fully manage your vendors on your special day.

Follow Block Weddings & Events on

Block Weddings & Events 6
Block Weddings & Events 7

E. Freeman · Married on 10/13/2018

Phenomenal Execution

Candi and her team at Block Events was an absolute pleasure to work with for our recent outdoor wedding. They over-delivered on our expectations, and made our wedding day more enjoyable and stress-free than we ever though possible! We knew we wanted a day-of coordinator to take over all logistics on our wedding day, but we got so much more in the process. Candi was available from our initial meeting right through our wedding – something we didn’t expect in a day-of coordinator. She answered any ongoing questions or concerns we had in the months leading up to our wedding day, made excellent vendor recommendations, and was incredibly patient with our last minute logistical changes as we worked with the fall weather in the Pacific Northwest. With multiple meetings and conversations before our wedding, she put us at ease with her professional yet personal approach. On our wedding day, Candi and Amy were a super force! They transformed our outdoor venue into a beautifully composed destination that exceeded our expectations in every way. They have an eye for detail, and ensured that our every need was met – including those things we never thought about! We are sure that there were many things that Candi and Amy did behind the scenes that we never even realized. From pre-ceremony assistance, to personal attention, vendor and guest assistance throughout the evening, the whole team at Block Events worked incredibly hard to make our wedding unbelievably memorable.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Erica · Married on 09/08/2018

100% Would Recommend!

Candi and her team at Block Weddings & Events (formerly Thrifty Events) far exceeded my expectations. Candi was so personal and genuine, but at the same time extremely professional and confident. She listened to me and my fiance, and offered suggestions based on her previous experience with clients. All pre-wedding communication was easy and prompt. She even recommended a few of our last vendors when I was stuck on who to choose, and each of her recommendations were amazing! One of my favorite things was during our venue walk through a week prior to the wedding, the first thing she asked me was "what are you concerned about?" I loved that. I was able to talk about the things keeping me up at night, and we immediately came up with a plan for what to do. After those 5 minutes, I was able to enjoy the walk through and be in the moment instead of waiting to bring up one of my little worries.

On the day of our wedding, she and her assistant worked so fast and efficiently! To my knowledge, everything went completely perfectly without any troubles! Who knows if that's actually true, but it's a testament to Block Wedding's professionalism and poise with our other vendors, guests, and our families! I couldn't have been happier to work with Candi, and would 100% recommend her business to any couple getting married.

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Block Weddings & Events 8
    Block Weddings & Events 9
    Block Weddings & Events 10
    Block Weddings & Events 11
    Block Weddings & Events 12

Lisa & Jefferson · Married on 09/02/2018

Book Block Weddings & Events for Coordination Services!

Candi from Block Weddings and Events was fantastic to work with! We found her during the Snohomish Wedding Tour while we were browsing for a venue in 2017. Even though we were only using the day of coordination services, Candi was always available to answer questions, offer advice and guide us in the right direction while we were planning. She even was so nice to offer and hold all our decor and miscellaneous items in her garage before the big day so us or our families didn't have to worry about transporting everything. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and we couldn't be more thankful to Candi and her team in helping us execute what we envisioned!

Sent on 12/20/2018

• What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No

• Party on the Rocks
    Party on the Rocks Wedding Caterers

Candi with Thrifty Events is a dream to work with! She is well grounded and knowledgable in all that she does. While working with her as a vendor she communicated well and often. She was a great representative for her clients and communicating their needs. Party on the Rocks can't wait to work with her even more!

• Pam and Tara Photography
    Pam and Tara Photography Wedding Photographers

I had the great opportunity to work with Candi from Thrifty Events at a July wedding. Candi took the time to talk with me about the day of the events to make sure we were all in sync. It's great to ensure we were all on the same page and kept in constant communication throughout the event. Candi was great in paying attention in details and I enjoyed the collaboration. I definitely enjoyed working with her and her professionalism. I hope I get the chance to work with her in the near future.

• 722 Reiten Rd Kent, WA, 98030 See on map