Thoughtful Weddings

Baltimore, MD View map

$500 Typical Price

Thoughtful Weddings is a Baltimore-based wedding officiant. At your ceremony, Rev. Rovan Wernsdorfer will highlight special stories about you, the couple. He is more than happy to design a ceremony that honors inter-racial, inter-religious and mutli-cultural relationships. By engaging the couple, family and friends, he will create a wedding that is unique to you.

Experience
Rev. Rovan has been serving couples since 2014. He is authorized to perform ceremonies in Maryland and DC.

Through his range of professional services, Rev. Rovan will craft a personal ceremony. He will listen to who you are and what you want. His services include:

• Interfaith ceremony
  • Counseling
  • Licensed
  • Customized vows

Areas Covered
Thoughtful Weddings serves the greater Baltimore area, including Hunt Valley, Pasadena, Essex and Columbia. He is open to doing weddings beyond these areas.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$500

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$350

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Pagan
Presbyterian
Quaker
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

DC
MD

What languages do you speak?

English

• Laura
    Laura V. Married on 09/18/2021

Can't Recommend Enough!

Rovan did such an amazing job as our officiant for our wedding this past September! He doesn't just officiate your ceremony, he tells your story. We had multiple guests come up to us after the ceremony to ask how we knew Rovan or if he was a friend, because the ceremony was that personal/intimate!

Before the wedding he took the time to really get to know us - our meeting ended up lasting two hours because we got along so well and we covered so much about my husband and I and our relationship! He then sent a whole draft of everything he would say and we got the chance to make edits. He also provided guidance on writing our own vows, readings we could use, and also unity ceremony ideas - all of which were so helpful because we honestly had no idea where to even start, especially being non religious!

Rovan typically likes to attend the rehearsal (not common for officiants), however he was working another wedding the night of our rehearsal so we met on zoom a few days prior. He went over the entire structure of the ceremony and provided lots of amazing tips - I took copious notes and was able to hand them to our venue coordinator to go over at the rehearsal. It was really helpful and provided the structure we needed.

I can't recommend Rovan enough - he truly feels like a friend at this point and I wish him all the best!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie H. Married on 06/25/2021

A Wonderful Experience!

My now-husband and I met with a few officiants when we were first engaged in 2019, and found the process to be quite daunting. I had a religious background but did not want to get married in a church, and my husband has never really been involved in religion, but knew he wanted our wedding to be meaningful. After stumbling upon Rovan, we set up a call with him and we immediately knew we wanted him to marry us. He had the religious touch that I was looking for with the spiritual and sentimental aspects we both desired. We booked Rovan then, somewhere in the fall of 2019 with an anticipated wedding of fall 2020. As we all know, covid-19 came along and derailed our wedding plans. My husband and I were heartbroken to postpone the day we had anticipated, but knew we wanted to keep our original promise to marry. Rovan was more than game to not only postpone the 'big' wedding ceremony, but to also marry us in a small backyard ceremony on our original date. In July of 2020, we met virtually to plan both ceremonies and went forward with our plans for a backyard ceremony. The original date arrived, and Rovan married us in our backyard with our closest family in attendance. He gave us a officiated a wonderful and abbreviated ceremony, and we were so elated to be officially married, but still sad that all the dreaming and planning we had done still had to wait to come to life. Somehow, that time did fly by and it was yet again time to chat with Rovan about our 'big' wedding plans in 2021. He had all of the details, knew the game plan, and we were getting excited to celebrate with the rest of our family as covid-19 restrictions had finally been lifted! Rovan attended our rehearsal, which at least an hours drive. He was patient when the best man arrived late and answered any questions we had. He walked us through the what our big day would look like and kept everything short and sweet. We parted ways comforted that the wedding would go off without a hitch. And it did! The next day Rovan arrived and everyone was ready for the big event. Rovan was prompt, gave a pleasant greeting to the guests and delivered a profound and much appreciated second wedding ceremony/vow renewal. We can't say enough about Rovan's services. He was very attentive, professional, got to know us as a couple and gave a heartfelt ceremony that was a beautiful beginning to our married life. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding officiant!
  • Ariel
    Ariel C. Married on 06/04/2021

Heartfelt, Personalized Ceremony

Rovan made our special day even more special by helping us craft a beautiful and personal ceremony for our wedding. I was very adamant about wanting to do a handfasting as part of our ceremony and Rovan easily accommodated us. Being able to work with him and edit the ceremony script ourselves was a wonderful, hands-on experience! And I appreciated Rovan's commitment to not only delivering a fantastic ceremony, but also keeping it under 30 minutes in order to keep things moving along. I highly recommend Rovan and Thoughtful Weddings!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Deals

Thoughtful Weddings 1
Gift
A lot of careful thought ought to go into choosing a wedding officiant. He or she will set your tone for the whole ceremony. If you hire me, my fee will cover a long meeting where I will interview YOU. But prior to this, when YOU are making the selection, I am will willing to be interviewed by YOU on the phone or face-to-face with no financial or commitment obligation.

Pricing

Thoughtful Weddings Price Rates

East Made Event Company East Made Event Company Wedding Planners

As both a wedding planner and a ceremony musician, I have coordinated and performed for over one hundred weddings over the past eight years of working in the wedding industry. Rovan is one of the absolute best officiants I have had the joy to work alongside - not only was he kind, considerate, and, yes, "thoughtful," in composing his ceremony wording and listening to the story and wishes of our bride and groom, he was so easy to work with in the planning leading up to the wedding and during the ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding. Rovan is consistently responsive to emails, easy to get in touch with, and absolutely lovely as a person - we were completely on the same page as far as running the ceremony, the order of everything, and the processional, and he also swiftly accommodated some last minute "announcement" requests. I am so excited to have met him and will be recommending Thoughtful Weddings to all of my couples searching for an officiant in the future!

1040 Deer Ridge Dr Baltimore, MD, 21210
Location of (Thoughtful Weddings)

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding