292 Sparrow Branch Circle, Saint Johns, FL 32259 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 54

About Thomas Lester Photography

PHOTOGRAPHER

Hi! I'm Thomas Lester (but you can call me Tom). I'm an international portrait and wedding photographer based out of Jacksonville, Florida. I love my family, love life, and love photography.

Want to know more about me? Read on:

I LOVE MY WIFE!

I love being married. I think it's just about the best thing in the whole world. I married my best friend and she's the best wife EVER!

Her name is Heather. We started dating the summer between Jr. High and High School. We've been attached at the hip ever since. She's amazing and can do anything (and find anything... she's the chief "finder" in our house). She's gorgeous. Not like "husband thinks his wife's gorgeous" type of gorgeous, but like "Supermodel gorgeous". She's totally out of my league and I'm the luckiest man alive to wake up next to her every morning.

Heather is an awesome mom, a tennis pro, and loves to surf. I just love to be in the same room with her!

WORLD'S BEST DAD!

No really! I have the coffee mug to prove it. OK, I'm probably not the world's greatest dad, but I can tell you I have two of the coolest kids that have ever graced this universe. They just drip coolness.

Rachel is my angel. She's beautiful inside and out. She's a gymnast She's strong and she's fast. She was outrunning the teenage boys in our neighborhood when she was only 7. She still runs laps around them!

Brian is a drummer, photographer, and ace negotiator. He could convince you that white is black if he wanted to! He's amazingly talented as a drummer and photographer.

My kids are my pride and joy!

MUSICIAN

At about 11 years old, I decided I wanted to be a photographer. My folks bought me a Pentax K1000 and a 50mm lens (the photographer geeks will know what I'm talking about). I became obsessed with photography. At about 14 years old, I picked up my step-fathers Gibson ES-335 guitar. In typical teenager style, I sold my camera and bought a guitar of my own.

This led to college and eventually a career as an Audio Engineer. I made records (still do sometimes). I have had the pleasure of recording artists such as Janet Jackson, The Ramonnes, John Waite, Gladys Knight, Public Enemy, and many others. I also enjoyed working on TV shows and movies like "New York Under Cover" and "Joe's Apartment".

Don't worry... I bought another camera.

EXPLORER

I love going to new places and exploring. I especially like cities. Cities are like a vast playground of interestingness. I lived in New York City and I still love going there and just wandering. I could wander all day.

I especially love sharing adventures with my family. I love taking them to new places and sharing new sights, sounds, and tastes. We have the best memories from road trips, camping trips, theme parks, and vacations.

I also love hotels. Especially when the whole family is with me. I love to watch the kids jump from bed to bed, go on "ice runs", raid the snack machine at midnight, and sleep in in the morning!

I'M JUST ME

- I can eat Chinese food, just about every day.

- Going over really tall bridges kind of freaks me out.

- I think New York City is the coolest city in the whole world.

- I once knocked myself out trying to impress the cheerleaders at my school by slinging my guitar around my back.

- The CEO of Chipotle Mexican Grill awarded me the title of "Master Burrito Ambassador" for Jacksonville, FL. Seriously, I have a plaque and T-Shirt to prove it.

- I can clean my office and it'll be a mess in less than 24 hours. I don't know how this happens.

Follow Thomas Lester Photography on

TLA0472facebook
UmutoniGasoreJacksonvilleBeachEngagement0014facebook
  • Videos 14

18 Reviews for Thomas Lester Photography

Thomas is so great to work with! Not only does he have a great grasp on photography, lighting, and what looks good in a photo, he also has a solid grasp on what the wedding day is all about - launching into a thoroughly committed and loving marriage! From all the other photos I've seen of his past work, I trust him completely with my wedding day and am so excited that he will be capturing all those special wedding moments for us to look back on for years to come.

Sent on 04/19/2016

A week before my wedding, I found out my old photographer had doublebooked for my wedding! He reassured me he would have full coverage by his partner and assistant. However, he also gave me the option for a full refund. I chose to fire him, get my refund and hire a new photographer! I contacted Thomas Lester Photography and he told me he was available for my wedding date! Thomas was originally one of my top choices. He was so easy to meet with and work with and I felt so comfortable with him by the time my wedding came around. I believe things happen for a reason and God was watching out for me. My pictures were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! The lighting, clarity, artistic views really captured the emotions of that day. I look at the pictures and it brings me back to my wedding day in clear view! Tom, thank you for everything!!

Sent on 03/07/2013

John & Hoang · Married on 12/26/2012

The photos are the ones telling the stories decades to come. A quality photo will capture the intimacy and emotions of that moment. Thomas Lester did just that. His work is just beautiful. Our friends and families were in aww of our wedding pictures. They all wanted to know the name of our photographer. We had a small intimate wedding and we wanted pictures of our ceremony taken. Thomas worked out a customized package for us, which was perfect for our budget. His photos look like they cost thousands of dollars, and we even got comments that they look like they came from a magazine. We're so happy with the results.

Sent on 04/18/2013

• Choux Cake Studio
    Choux Cake Studio Wedding Cakes

The photos speak for themselves! Amazing artist.

• Heart Happy Films
    Heart Happy Films Wedding Videographers

Thomas Lester was so fantastic to work with in the one wedding we've shot with him (so far!). He's very laid back but professional, structured but open-minded. I would recommend him to any bride looking for a photographer in the Jacksonville area and beyond.

• Southern Charm Events
    Southern Charm Events Wedding Planners

Tom gives a whole new meaning to the term artist. His work is amazing and shows the true love of the couple and their inner beauty. He is not trendy and not one to do fru-fru work. If you want a serious professional and artist, Thomas Lester Photography is the one for you. Elegant and timeless come to mind when I see his work. He is a great team player and really works well with the other vendors.

• 292 Sparrow Branch Circle Saint Johns, 32259 See on map