Nearby Vendors to Consider

About TheViolinGuy.com

TheViolinGuy is an internationally renowned concert violinist, and much more! He is an outstanding singer/recording artist, plays guitar,piano and offers Disc Jockey services for weddings and live concerts everywhere in the United States. You can find live video performances online at www.youtube.com/theviolinguyofficial and you can visit his website to learn more about him at www.TheViolinGuy.net , find pricing, listen to his music and read testimonials. If you want to have memorable music for your wedding, cocktail hour and reception contact this remarkable musician. Please call soon to reserve your date.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: Dallas

20 Reviews for TheViolinGuy.com

0.5

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a vendor in 9 years of corporate and wedding event planning. See below for full recap:

1. He was 3 hours late to set-up.
2. He did not answer any phone calls to check-in and let us know he would be late.
3. A singer who he was supposed to be practicing with showed up to rehearse and he had her wait 3 hours.
4. Upon arrival, he would disappear for 20 minutes at a time and left his equipment in the catering kitchen, which blocked servers from being able to do their job.
5. Because he was so late, there was no music at the cocktail hour. Our team was supposed to be able to open the reception for elderly people to sit, and they were left standing for an hour while waiting for him to finish set-up.
6. Once he did set up, he didn't have any idea of what music he was supposed to play and when. He made multiple announcements that were not accurate and/or not in the run of show that was provided to him. He didn't have the first dance song downloaded and at 6:30pm [when the bride was supposed to be making her entrance] he asked for the WiFI password to download the song, and ended up having to play it off of YouTube.
7. The music was actually the worst part of the entire thing.
8. He was supposed to be videoing the reception for the bride & groom, but kept shining the camera on himself and projecting images of himself on his "video wall"
9. We actually asked him to stop playing multiple times because he was so overbearing and could not understand the crowd and what they would want to hear. He kept going up to multiple tables and playing the violin to "serenade" people and it was just awkward.
10. I ended up having the daughter of the bride tell him exactly what to play.

Honestly, I could probably write more, but will stop there. DO NOT use this guy. He is so unprofessional and some guests thought he may have been under the influence of substances.

Profile Picture M, 9/30/17, 1 Review
1.0

I had seen Radu perform at restaurants in the DFW area and knew how amazingly talented he was, so when we saw him at a bridal show, dressed in a tux and performing his amazing violin, we knew we wanted to hire him to do all the music for my son's wedding reception at Union Station. We contracted with him, paid a deposit in August 2015 to secure the date in June 2016. My son and daughter-in-law met with him multiple times in the spring of 2016 to go over special music selections, and provide a list of songs to be included at the reception. They were so excited to have him perform at their reception! Both families had told their friends how fabulous the music was going to be and explained all that Radu did in his performances. Playing his violin on the dance floor, making it special for the bride and groom, etc. Special music had been selected for the bridal party to enter. Surprise music had been selected by the bride for the cake cutting. The bride had spoken with Radu just 2 days prior to the wedding/reception to confirm the final details. The full balance of the contract had been paid 30-days prior to the wedding, as required by his contract.
Radu NO-SHOWED to the reception. There was no Violin Guy at the reception, no special music. Another substitute band showed up with no knowledge of any preselected music. No communication from Radu that evening. This was very embarrassing for the families, and extremely upsetting to the bride and groom. Radu told us days later that he had another engagement that evening and wasn't able to leave. We have asked for a full refund of our money and Radu has refused thus far.

Profile Picture Lynn, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I knew that I wanted live violin music at my wedding ceremony and not the typical DJ at the reception and was having a really hard time finding someone to fit this. A friend talked me into seeing Radu perform and I couldn't be more grateful. My husband and I fell in love with his music and booked him as soon as we could. He did an amazing job with the songs we asked him to perform live, they were all perfect. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, our guests loved him. A few have already asked for his contact information. He is extremely talented and I would recommend him to anyone! We're looking forward to anniversary parties so we can book him again!

Profile Picture Dusti, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews

My Photo Album

8 Photos

5 VIDEOS

1 ENDORSEMENT
Radu is the most amazing, captivating musician that I have come across. I had the pleasure and honor to have him perform and sing at my wedding. The guests went on and on about him. I can remember when I was at the bridal show walking down the aisle to the group surrounding one particular booth. He captivates a crowd and has the warmest personality you've ever met.

Events