918 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, OR 97205 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About The White Dress

The White Dress is a bridal boutique in Portland, Oregon. It is owned by husband and wife team Matthew and Amanda Schmalz. They offer brides the ability to choose their gown in spacious and private bridal suits. Their showroom also displays a variety of gowns to fit every bride’s personality and unique style.

Experience
The White Dress was founded in 2014 after Amanda Schmalz realized her passion for styling and bridal fashion. Matt and Amanda also work with a talented team: Felisha, the store manager and senior bridal stylist; Shayla, another senior bridal stylist; Krystle, assistant manager and senior bridal stylist; Kelly, senior stylist; and Nancy, senior bridal stylist and the media and events coordinator.

Designs Offered
The team holds an impressive collection of designer gowns in their boutique. They have wedding dresses to fit every budget as well as dresses for your bridesmaids. Designers they offer include:

• Stella York

The White Dress 2
The White Dress 3
  • Olivia

Olivia · Getting married on 01/18/2020

You won't regret choosing The White Dress!

Went to The White Dress for one of their trunk shows in December and I'm so happy I did! I found the the wedding dress of my dreams and had the most memorable and enjoyable experience; it was more perfect than I could've imagined. I had a 1.5 hour appointment in one of the larger bridal suites for myself, 5 of my girlfriends, and my mom. Upon arriving, they provided us with complimentary champagne for a toast! My bridal stylist, Catherine, was so helpful in pulling dresses off the rack and helping me in them! She gave me great advice about different dress styles, helped me reason through what did and didn't work for me, and didn't judge me when I asked her to help me into my now wedding dress for the 3rd time! When I finally said yes to my dress, she brought out another round of champagne to toast, and let me wear my dress for the next hour while I FaceTimed my future mother-in-law and sister-in-laws, and celebrated with my friends. If you're looking for the ultimate wedding dress shopping experience, go to The White Dress in Portland and ask for Catherine!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Rachael · Married on 09/15/2018

The White Dress was the second (and last!) bridal boutique I visited when looking for a dress in Portland. I had initially found this salon when I came across a dress by Kitty Chen, when browsing wedding dress images on Instagram. The White Dress is one of a few salons that carries dresses from her collections so I went ahead and booked an appointment.
    My first appointment was with another Portland salon (I won't share the name) and it was less than thrilling. Although I had filled out a long questionnaire about what I was looking for, what I had envisioned for my wedding, etc., I had to run back through all of this information and then spent most of my appointment stuck in one specific style of dress - that I wasn't thrilled with. I was worried that my appointment at The White Dress would go the same way. But I was very wrong!
    From the moment I stepped into The White Dress, the appointment was better than expected. We worked with Tara, who was wonderful! It was very clear that she had thoroughly read through all of the questions I had answered and had ideas of dresses to put me in, prior to my arrival. To start the appointment, my mom, myself and each of my bridesmaids were invited to browse the collection of dresses and pick a few for me to try on. This was awesome! It gave us each a chance to pick out different things we liked, so that everyone's opinions and styles could be heard (and tried on). Even better - it's how we found my dress!
    Tara went above and beyond - while my MOH, mother, and bridesmaids all selected dresses for me to try on, Tara pulled dresses that were similar to the one I had fallen in love with online, and went on a mission to find another dress I had fallen in love with on the salon's site. She was knowledgeable, patient, and wonderful to work with. She was full of ideas and had a great eye for what looked good on my figure. I can't thank her enough for making that appointment as wonderful and special as it was. Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 02/11/2018

The White Dress FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? Under $500, $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally