918 SW Yamhill Street, Portland, OR 97205 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About The White Dress

The White Dress is a bridal boutique in Portland, Oregon. It is owned by husband and wife team Matthew and Amanda Schmalz. They offer brides the ability to choose their gown in spacious and private bridal suits. Their showroom also displays a variety of gowns to fit every bride’s personality and unique style.

Experience
The White Dress was founded in 2014 after Amanda Schmalz realized her passion for styling and bridal fashion. Matt and Amanda also work with a talented team: Felisha, the store manager and senior bridal stylist; Shayla, another senior bridal stylist; Krystle, assistant manager and senior bridal stylist; Kelly, senior stylist; and Nancy, senior bridal stylist and the media and events coordinator.

Designs Offered
The team holds an impressive collection of designer gowns in their boutique. They have wedding dresses to fit every budget as well as dresses for your bridesmaids. Designers they offer include:

• Stella York

The White Dress 5
The White Dress 6
  • Olivia

Olivia · Getting married on 01/18/2020

You won't regret choosing The White Dress!

Went to The White Dress for one of their trunk shows in December and I'm so happy I did! I found the the wedding dress of my dreams and had the most memorable and enjoyable experience; it was more perfect than I could've imagined. I had a 1.5 hour appointment in one of the larger bridal suites for myself, 5 of my girlfriends, and my mom. Upon arriving, they provided us with complimentary champagne for a toast! My bridal stylist, Catherine, was so helpful in pulling dresses off the rack and helping me in them! She gave me great advice about different dress styles, helped me reason through what did and didn't work for me, and didn't judge me when I asked her to help me into my now wedding dress for the 3rd time! When I finally said yes to my dress, she brought out another round of champagne to toast, and let me wear my dress for the next hour while I FaceTimed my future mother-in-law and sister-in-laws, and celebrated with my friends. If you're looking for the ultimate wedding dress shopping experience, go to The White Dress in Portland and ask for Catherine!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen V · Getting married on 10/08/2019

Wonderful experience at The White Dress Portland!

My experience at The White Dress was great! The very talented Nancy Carroll helped me out. Nancy is incredible! I highly recommend you book an appointment with Nancy at The White Dress to have an amazing wedding dress shopping experience! Nancy will help you find the one! I am very indecisive. I second guess myself if I don’t look at all the options. I went to probably 15 wedding dress stores, both in Seattle and Portland. The White Dress has a great collection of designers, styles, & reasonable price range. If I had to do it all over, I would only go to The White Dress. The experience & dress collection was much better than anywhere else I went. If you purchase a dress during your first appointment you will get 15% off & being in Portland there is no sales tax (which is over 10% in Seattle). The long drive to Portland was definitely worth it! Below is a more detailed description of my experience…

I went to my appointment with family & friends. We were greeted with champagne & asked to fill out a form which asked wedding date, budget, style, etc. Some reviews have remarked that they did not like filling this form again, since it was filled out when booking the appointment. I found it helpful since I had been dress shopping between booking & actual appointment so my budget & style had changed. We were then shown to a private room where we could set our belongings & drinks down. The beautifully decorated room consisted of a sofa, 2 chairs, a coffee table, large mirror, & a pedestal to stand on so the dress will fall correctly. There is a separate area for changing. Next, we were taken out to the main area. Nancy explained how the dresses were organized. She was quick to answer any questions I had about the designers or styles. Nancy had me pick out about 5 dresses that I liked so she could get a feel for what my style was. I needed to get a dress that could be a rush order. Nancy knew which dress could be rushed so I didn’t try on something that I couldn’t order. We then went back to the private room to try on the dresses. I am sensitive about my body & don’t like others helping me change (I dreaded wedding dress shopping which is why I needed a rush order). Nancy was very discreet & soon made me feel completely comfortable! She asked me about my wedding and never rushed me. I tried on multiple dresses. Nancy asked me what I liked about each dress. She really listened to me, even when I was having a hard time explaining why a dress wasn’t perfect for me. After I tried the ones I had picked out, Nancy picked out some for me to try. Nancy was great about staying within my budget & ordering timeframe. Nancy said she had a dress that she thought would be perfect for me & would work well at my wedding venue, but it was different from what I had tried on before. I tried it on & was shocked at how good it looked on me. It was different from what I thought I wanted in a wedding dress. I would never have picked it out by myself. My friends told me that I looked great in the dress & it was my style. I still was unsure since it was so different. I tried on more dresses that Nancy had picked out. They were all lovely & more along the style I thought I wanted. Nancy is very knowledgeable about what the store carries & what looks good on her clients. The dresses Nancy picked out worked better than the ones I picked. Nancy was super patient & let me try on dresses multiple times. I have a hard time deciding. She let me know that she didn’t have an appointment after me, so we could run long (we took advantage of that). I tried on the first dress Nancy had picked out again. She suggested that I try it with a veil since I had told her that I was going to wear my mom’s veil. It looked great with a veil, but I still wasn’t totally convinced. Then Nancy asked if she could try something. She added drop sleeves. It was perfect!! I would never have thought of adding the sleeves. Nancy was able to add extra panels of lace to the dress order so a seamstress could make drop sleeves out of lace that matched the dress. I ended up facetimeing my mom to show her the dress :) Now I have a wedding dress ordered that is more perfect than I had envisioned. I owe it all to Nancy! I would have never thought of it on my own. Nancy also said she would make sure my dress was running on time and I didn’t need to worry about it anymore, she would take care of it. I fully trust that she will! Thank you so much Nancy!!!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    The White Dress 7

The White Dress FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? Under $500, $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Bridesmaids
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Appointments Only, Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally