Cornwall on Hudson, NY 12520 Map · Phone number

About The Wedding Assistant

The Wedding Assistant bridges the gap between DIY and full wedding planning services.

We are booking dates now for 2017 and 2018 weddings in the Hudson Valley and Tri-State area.

ashley and sam reception 0150
mullikin 1372
mullikin 1470
mullikin 1504
The Wedding Assistant
Flowers are (usually) a huge part of the wedding day. Who is going to get the boutonnieres,...
km7
kris melissa2
km4
The Wedding Assistant
The Wedding Assistant will review the timeline and playlist with the DJ to ensure no surprise songs...
dscn0771
c6fac5854c1c019b 11047604 902273756527176 2854669586540135963 o
calebbrit2

18 Reviews for The Wedding Assistant

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

When I got engaged, I knew the one thing that we definitely needed on our wedding day was a coordinator. I spoke with several wedding planners, but I immediately knew when speaking with Susan that I needed her presence on my wedding day. She is NEVER frazzled, ALWAYS positive, impeccably organized, and can take control of any situation. Before the big day, we went over a detailed timeline, and she ironed out all of the kinks I completely overlooked. On the big day, she was my eyes and ears while I was busy getting ready. She diffused multiple situations effortlessly-- helping my makeup artist with directions to my house when the GPS stopped working, managing to get more alcohol when we started to run low on a particular brand, and ran, not walked, to the location where we were getting photographed because I forgot the belt on my dress. Even guests mentioned how amazing my planner was, and I simply couldn't have agreed more. She made my entire wedding flow smoothly, and, most importantly, took all of the stress off of me and my husband so we could simply enjoy our day. Hire her-- for her positive and playful attitude, for her insane organizational and problem-solving skills, and for allowing her couples to have the best day of their lives without any worry. She was one of the best decisions I ever made surrounding my wedding!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Liana · Married on 05/28/2017

Susan is AWESOME! She was super helpful throughout our entire year of wedding planning. She has a lot of experience and we could trust that things would work out and also look beautiful which they really did. Since she has a design background she really knows how to make the wedding look stunning! Since we didn't live in the same state as the wedding, she went above and beyond like accepting extra flowers for us at her house and buying us extra decor. She was really fun to work with and she is hilarious. So that was enjoyable for us :)

Sent on 06/01/2017

Ryan · Married on 11/26/2016

Susan did a phenomenal job on my wedding in November in Chappaqua, NY. She was informative, attentive and fun to work with from the moment we retained her services. Not only does Susan map out every detail for your wedding day, she also serves as your advocate to all the other vendors surrounding your wedding. Her main focus is the bride and groom and what they want, which is nice when there are so many moving pieces and different vendor interests involved in a wedding. I originally had a different coordinator, who was never available and made me feel like I was bothering her whenever I had a question. This was never the case with Susan. She was always responsive and so easy to communicate with. She took care of details and questions that I had not even thought of, and wouldn't bother me with details unless I needed to know (which was great towards the end of planning when you have 10 billion other things to think about). Plus, her day of timeline is AMAZINGLY detailed. Also, I had guests (and still have guests) come up to me and comment how great Susan was, noticing her buzz about during the ceremony and reception doing her magic. Rambling aside, I cannot say enough good things about my experience working with Susan! You will be in good hands having her on your wedding day.

Sent on 12/30/2016

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Social Confetti Events
    Social Confetti Events Photo Booths

Susan is an incredibly talented and personable event professional that we've had the pleasure of working with for several events. Her enthusiasm for the event industry is matched by her professionalism with clients and other vendors alike.

• Cornwall on Hudson, 12520 See on map