204 Bank St., Suffolk, VA 23434 Map · Phone number

About The Truitt House

The Truitt House is a historic Bed and Breakfast and Special Event venue located in Suffolk, Virginia. This wedding venue is located right in the heart of historic Suffolk and is walking distance from great shopping and dining for you and your guests to enjoy. The Truitt House is a place where friends and family can gather, dine, relax, and celebrate together.

Facilities and Capacity

The Truitt House serves as a quiet getaway from all the hustle and bustle from everyday life. Each guest room is unique from one another and offers a different experience to the guest it hosts. These rooms are available for the couple to stay in along with a few close friends and family. Additionally, the guest rooms can be utilized as bridal suites so that the bridal parties can prepare for the special day on site. The Truitt House include it’s grounds can host wedding ceremonies and receptions both small and large. From intimate gatherings to larger celebrations, this venue has the capabilities to host a variety of events.

History

The Truitt House was originally built in 1909. This historic mansion has since been lovingly restored and cared for to maintain its original beauty, while offering modern comforts and updates throughout the historic home. The style of the home is cohesive and classic, yet each room boasts its own destinct features. The history throughout the design and structure of this mansion makes it a unique setting for your engagement party, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, or reception.

The Truitt House offers unparalleled hospitality and elegance to each and every event that is hosted within its grand walls. All guests will feel the warm ambiance and find there is a no better place to unwind and celebrate the love between two people. The staff at the Truitt House offers caters to each guests needs on a personal level, offering gourmet breakfasts that can accomodate any special dietary needs. The staff at the Truitt House will go above and beyond to help make your event and stay one you will remember for years to come.

• Inner Banks Inn

2 Reviews for The Truitt House

• Tangela

Tangela A. · Married on 08/14/2020

Amazing experience!!

I have to say that this was a an absolutely beautiful home. I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and book something different for my daughters 10th birthday. I wanted something other than the traditional hotel so the Truitt home seemed perfect. I was a little Leary upon booking because I didn’t know quite what to expect. I also decided to request a birthday dinner from the option on the website. Again, quite a bit Leary because we were outside of our comfort zone and requesting a special meal for my kid is taking a huge chance (her favorite thing to eat is chicken nuggets and fries 🙄) but wanting to do something different I took the chance. A on after making the booking I received a call from a lady by the name of Ruth. She was very pleasant and asked what type of meal I had in mind. I explained to her my daughters Tate pallet was a bit limited and she said to give her a couple days and she would put something together. Days later she called with a plan and although I wasn’t quite clear on what it would be I went along for the ride. I arrived at the property in Aug 14th. Upon arrival I was greeted at the door by Ms. Ruth. From the time stepped in the home I felt at peace. She was absolutely a God send. She explained the history behind the home and gave us a tour where we took pictures. My daughter was in awe because to her this was a mansion and she was the princess. Ms. Ruth made her feel just like that. She asked would 7 be ok for dinner and we said yes. We and freshen up for dinner and when we came down she had a place setting for just the 2 of us. She then started to serve us course after course as if we were eating at a French restaurant in Paris. She introduced us to dishes that made my mouth yearn for more. I mean I couldn’t have asked for anything more. After dinner she then walked in to our surprise singing happy birthday to my baby with a fake and candles. Aww I cried and cried because she went completely out of her way to make us feel so special!!! I was in awe at how gracious she was to us. After the dinner she asked what we wanted for breakfast. I couldn’t believe she still wanted to cook but I guess it is a bed and breakfast 🤷🏽‍♀️. She asked what time we’d be ready and we settled on 10am. I went back TJ our room and slept like a baby. Honestly by 10am I was still stuffed from the night before but I was all in!!! My daughter and I cane down for breakfast but before walking into the dining area she called me into the study and blessed my soul. She said that she enjoyed us and asked if we’d like to stay an extra night at a discounted rate because she felt that I needed that extra time. She has no idea what she’s his did to me. The past year and a half half been the worst of my 37 years. Just leaving that I’m in stage 5 kidney failure has brought me to a whole other way of living and thinking and this trip was a vacation away from my new normal. She didn’t know any of this upon my arrival but the fact that she could feel my need was beyond a blessing to me. She has no idea what an impact she put on my life in just 24 hours. Unfortunately I couldn’t commit to another night at a that time but I WILL be. Ack. Not for the house but for Ms. Ruth. Again the home was immaculate I wanted for nothing but MS. Ruth! outshined the whole establishment. Peace and love to you.
    Thank you for EVERYTHING!!
    Tangela

Sent on 08/16/2020

Allysa C. · Married on 07/26/2019

Vow Renewal

We had our vow renewal here and absolutely loved the venue. Ruth, the owner is amazing. Everything went with our 1920s theme perfectly. We also stayed the night as its also a b&b. Everything was so comfy and brunch the next morning was amazing!

Sent on 09/25/2019

The Truitt House's reply:

Allysa, It was such a pleasure to host you and your family in my home. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here!

The Truitt House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 3500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 2500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1000.00
  • Describe your venue:
    Inn/B&B
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Preferred Vendors Only
  • What event items are available?
    Furniture
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    April

• 204 Bank St. Suffolk, VA, 23434 See on map
    863-370-7454 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Truitt House)