Roseville, CA 95747 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Sweetest Things

Lisa Lemus, founder and owner of The Sweetest Things, created her business in order to do what she does best - feed people! In her pursuit of culinary perfection, Lisa prides herself in using only the finest ingredients, ensuring superior quality in every unique creation. Her attention to detail and her creative spirit allow her to work with individuals in creating a special product that will be both memorable and unique. She works closely with her clients to ensure attention to every detail.

Lisa is a transplant from San Mateo, CA where she grew up and cultivated her passion for food. Relocating to Roseville, she decided to go back to school and expand on her culinary skills. While there, in addition to graduating at the top of her class, she discovered a gift for creating unique and beautiful edible works of art. Rather than go to work for an established business, Lisa felt that by starting her own business, she would have the ability to oversee every detail of her finished products, allowing her to create culinary delights of the utmost quality and perfection. What could be sweeter than that?

You CAN have your cake and eat it too!!

The Sweetest Things is able to handle this broad range of services under the direction of its owner Lisa Marie Lemus, professionally trained pastry chef, because of these two simple things.

1) Her passion for food. Of course this means everything is “made to order” only using the finest and highest quality fresh ingredients – never any lard, shortening or that other gross stuff.

2) Her passion to serve others. Whether creating a stunning wedding cake for 30 or 300 -- Lisa does everything from the heart. You can read some of our testimonials here.

She is most proud of her decision to live her passion to show her Daughter and other young girls that women have the ability to work at what they love to do, have exceptional careers, have balance and most importantly have FUN!

Like most women Lisa has had her fair share of curve balls thrown her way but through her resilience and true love of doing what she does – she truly lives by the saying “When life throws you lemons, make Lemon Poppyseed Cake!!”. Lisa prides herself on striving for the very best every single day.

Follow The Sweetest Things on

6 Reviews for The Sweetest Things

• Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 09/17/2011

Lisa is the BOMB.com! Oh my gosh, she did so amazing i can't even explain!
    What a beautiful beach cake she did!
    She is professional, sweet, loving, outgoing and so much fun!!!!
    My sister and I are both using her for our weddings!

The flavors are so good too!!! So yummy and beautiful!

Great pricing too! and you get a free annv. cake in a year!!! so cool!!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Kristin · Married on 05/13/2011

Lisa succeeds in doing the impossible...she makes a beautiful cake that actually tastes good. Wedding cake in general is known for looking pretty but tasting not so great. Lisa's cakes are DELICIOUS. Typically fondant tastes like cardboard. The fondant she uses is actually my favorite part of her cakes. It's so good! My cake looked gorgeous and I received so many compliments on it. Love, love, love The Sweetest Things!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Crystal · Married on 08/28/2010

I was amazed with how beautiful my wedding cake looked! Lisa goes above and beyond to make sure her brides are happy! She was the only one who was willing to customize our wedding cake to fit our cake toppers! all other bakers and bakeries turned us away but Lisa took on the challenge and made it so beautiful! I loved my cake! Not only did my cake look beautiful but it tasted HEAVENLY! It was so moist and melted in your mouth! I just loved it, I am so looking forward to my anniversary cake she will be giving us! Lisa does not make you freeze your small top cake for a year to eat it on your anniversary she makes you a new anniversary cake ! :) im very excited for that!

Also to my surprise Lisa was on my makeup artist team! she not only makes amazing cakes but she does amazing makeup! i loved they way my brides maids looked after they walked away from her chair! she is a very talented woman!

I will definitely being using Lisa in the future for all my cake needs :)

Sent on 09/10/2010